5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Whenever I click the monitor button on a channel strip, the strip starts blinking. As it alternating between bright and dark of whatever the color the strip is at the moment.

Is this a new feature? This just started happening while doing some overdubs, it wasn't earlier tonight. If this is a new feature (or old one I just didn't know about) where's the toggle to turn it on and off?
by Jemusic on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:59 am
I assume you mean the PreSonus Channel Strip
There is no monitor button on the Channel Strip itself. I assume you mean on the track header.
Not normal behaviour. Channel Strip does not blink or is supposed to.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by dustradio on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:06 pm
Jemusic wroteI assume you mean the PreSonus Channel Strip
There is no monitor button on the Channel Strip itself. I assume you mean on the track header.
Not normal behaviour. Channel Strip does not blink or is supposed to.

Interesting.

Here's a gif I took of the behavior. Note it starts when I hit the monitor button and stops when I turn it off.

Just double checking this isn't correct behavior before I file a bug with Presonus.
by Jemusic on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Ok I thought you meant you were using the actual PreSonus Channel strip plug-in but from the attachment I see you mean just the actual channel as a whole. I will look into again for you.

I also see you have got Console 1 inserted as a plugin. Can you remind me please what that is. (Is that the Softube control surface) And it is also in Low Latency Monitoring mode as well. Try taking that instrument out of LLM mode.

Try turning each of those plugins off one by one e.g. the UAD plugin and the Console 1 plugin as well. See if it happens then.

I see there is a burst of CPU usage as well when you do this. Open up the performance monitor in Studio One and click on show devices. See if anything in that ist is consuming high CPU resources.

What Mix FX have you got going as well please.

Don't report anything until we rule what may be causing it. It may mean something that we just have not seen before.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by dustradio on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:01 pm
So i spent some time and narrowed it down. It's being caused by the VST 3 version of the Console 1 plugin when Low Latency mode is enabled.

I have a session file that demonstrates it now: create a single audio track, enable low latency, insert the Console 1 VST 3 plugin. Channel blinks.

Note, I tried in S13 and it doesn't happen. I'll submit a bug to Presonus.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1