2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

I recently got Amplesound AGT12 (very very nice) and Guitar Pro V7 so I can compose when away from home. I am foremost a guitar player, but I thought I would use these acoustic guitar tracks as guides for new songs and then play them myself for real when I get home. However, AGT12 sounds so good for background stuff, I am inclined not to bother and leave it and just focus on other bits of the songs instead.

Wow, as a guitar player never thought I'd say that ;-)

So here's the question. What I do works, it's time consuming, but it works - I am using Guitar Pro to write the music, then I drag the TAB into Amplesound to tweak, then I drag the MIDI into Studio One. That to me sounds like a lot of software tools to do a job. Is there a better way? What process do you follow? Using Studio One MIDI editor just doesn't cut it for me writing guitar tracks - yes I have tried, maybe I need to spend more time with it.

I have to travel light so don't have access to a guitar or keyboard while out and about, just my laptop.

Any advice or tips most appreciated.

lb
by mettelus on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:51 am
Sorry to bump this thread but my question is nearly identical and I am also curious about best workflow. I have never used Guitar Pro, but recently downloaded the trial. I also own Notion 6, so for editing I am wondering if N6/SO4 remains the best workflow for using AG12.

Although GP 7.5 seems nice, I am not seeing a quick way to get it to reliably serve as a notation editor for MIDI inside of SO4, i.e. if I compose in GP then move to AG12 or SO4, it seems that further edits are clunky.

Is there an efficient way to do this with GP 7.5, or should I stay focused on N6/SO4?

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1