4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings All,
Long-time Cakewalk/Sonar user here.

I have a song which was originally created in SOP 3.5 with a MIDI track for Bass Guitar and IKM's "MODO Bass" loaded on it.

This original track had been duplicated, then bounced down to audio and the original MIDI/Instrument track was then hidden.

After the recent SOP 4.0.1 update, the track can be un-hid, but when the transport is engaged, no longer sounds the bass synth.
(This is the original, still MIDI data, Instrument track.)

The client sent me an updated part he wants me to drop in, so after duplicating the original bass midi track, the MIDI data was deleted, and the new MIDI file dropped in.

That one will not play either.

If I create a NEW instrument track, THAT one will play his new MIDI file.

I would still like to play the first one, so as to compare it with the new file.

So I tried assigning the MIDI from track 1 (the original) to the new instance of MODO Bass (track 2) but that will not play either.

NOW - if I create a NEW Instrument track..., then drag the original MIDI down into it, it will play...

Why won't the file simply play after it is un-hid?
Is hiding a track akin to Sonar's "Freeze Synth" function? Does it need thawed?

Is this a bug in 4.0.1?

Or, I am missing something in SOP4?

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,
MG
--

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:40 pm
Check this out in the manual. "Bouncing Instrument Parts".
On the loop itself do you see the little speaker icon in the lower left corner with a line through it.
They are muted after the bounce by default. Un-mute it (shift m).

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by DrummaMan on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 am
Thank you WaterlooSunset, for the response.

Should that still apply to the original, if I bounced the copy, then hid the
original?

Until I'm more comfortable with SOP, my workflow generally involves creating
a copy of a MIDI (instrument) track first.

I will then edit/manipulate/transform/bounce the copy, leaving the original intact.

So, apparently.... the original and copy are linked?
Since it's a copy, they both using the same instance of MODO Bass...?

Even though I chose to leave the synth during "transform to audio", if the copy
that was transformed was referencing the original's synth... then that synth has been disabled on the original track...?

As mentioned, I can drag the MIDI data from the original, unedited, copy
into a new track with a new instance of MODO bass, and it works.
Unfortunately, the settings of the synth (MODO Bass) are not what I had in the
original, since it's all back to default...
(I guess a work-around would be to save a preset first before transforming to audio.)

I'm just trying to wrap my head around why the MIDI will not play in the track that was copied then hidden.

It's not as straight-forward as Sonar's "Freeze Synth" and "Archive Track" features...so it's taking me a bit to catch on...

Thanks!

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by WaterlooSunset on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm
With transform you need to transform it back to use the original.
Maybe you should be bouncing instead.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1