1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to assign macro controls to my Impulse 25 keyboard knobs.

As shown in the video; I have managed to assign 6 macro controls to the Mai Tai synth; but as soon as I close the macro control window or click on the synth on anywhere else; these macro controls stop working. I would have thought they would work in the background?

Hopefully somebody can help.

http://sendvid.com/g1bupryy

EDIT: Right, so i noticed with my Mai Tai example that it stops working because when i'm in the macro controls window i'm assigning controls to the "audio channels" and not the "instruments" - whatever the difference is. So I assigned controls to the "instrument" instead and now it's working fine.

However, the issue begins when I open an instrument like IMPACT XT which has multiple instances of "pitch"; and if i assign a KNOB to the instrument version of pitch (transpose parameter) ; i will only be able to control one instance of pitch (i wil only be able to control the pitch of one pad). I solved this by 'connecting' (NOT ASSIGNING) each pad's pitch parameter to "macro control knob 1" and I can control the pitch for each pad; HOWEVER, as soon as i close the macro controls window, it stops working as demonstrated in the above example since the audio channels macro is switching to instrument.

So can anybody explain in simple terms what is happening and if there is any solution?

1 post
Page 1 of 1