86 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Where having Input Quantise ON by accident really messes you up, is if you are doing a free performance e.g. not against the click. What happens in this case is that Studio One will be shifting notes around according to the quantise resolution to its own internal grid. I think in V4 it just defaults to ON and you have to look up there and check.

There is a way also to get the start of midi notes lined up perfectly as well to the start of the audio files that they are triggering. This setting can be adjusted in the Midi Offset parameter. That is what that is actually for. It leaves the audio alone but shifts slightly where the mid notes are actually recorded. Often the midi notes can be slightly early compared to the audio. So a + delay value needs to set there to bring them back into line.

I have done a lot of work testing and working with Studio One's midi timing as I also have a lot of external devices as well. Being a drummer I am super sensitive to it when playing keyboards. It is really excellent.

With external devices as well the midi timing does not change in Studio One when the audio side of the program is under heavy CPU load. Unlike Sonar which is terrible in this regard.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by danielbayer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:01 am
Thanks for your replies.

My main concern is not MIDI timing problems, although I will try to change the parameter you mentioned. I just think that the little inconsistencies are caused by other factors - sending more than one note to my drum expander at once for instance.

In v3 I got used to quantize at least kick and snare afterwards, which worked pretty well. Now I'm on v4 and I guess something was changed and now quantization is doing strange things. Transients are not detected correctly as can be seen in the attached screenshot.

The second thing is that bouncing an audio event changed the timing of the audio, so that a snare hit, that I placed on the grid manually because of problem No.01, was moved in time. And this shouldn't happen at all. I also checked if IQ was activated, but it was not.

I'm already in contact with support and I think these are bugs that need to be adressed.

quantization snare off 2.png

Hackintosh with i7 8700K, z370 chipset, 32GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.13.3
RME Fireface UC & Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (Aggregate Device)
Studio One 3.5.5
by jpettit on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:38 am
Let’s look at one issue at a time.
“Transients are not being detected correctly”

What command are you using to detect transients?

Are you doing it in one step “Q” or two steps.

Detecting them quantizing?

I see you have swing set that will change the timing of the grid within a measure.

Q is really a macro command that does two things and defaults to the last quantizing settings used which might not be applicable.

Show is what just the detect command finds for the same track.

Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by ionian on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:09 pm
Studio one definitely is fiddly with Midi. I'm very sensitive to timing and it's the only daw where I get issues with midi timing. I don't in Reaper or in Sonar, but with Studio One, I have to put an offset of 17ms for some reason to get the midi to be close to what I played. I don't need the offset in the other daws. I just assume that Studio One is geared more towards audio so the midi isn't that robust.

I'm using a Edirol UM880 interface.

I just updated to Studio One 4 and I had the Nvidia problem as of today. I had to roll back my driver so Presonus hasn't fixed that issue yet, but I hope they get to it soon. Studio one 3.5 works fine with the Nvidia driver so clearly Presonus screwed something up in version 4 and the issue is with Presonus, not Nvidia.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by donaldbaarns on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 pm
ionian wrote<snip>

I just updated to Studio One 4 and I had the Nvidia problem as of today. I had to roll back my driver so Presonus hasn't fixed that issue yet, but I hope they get to it soon. Studio one 3.5 works fine with the Nvidia driver so clearly Presonus screwed something up in version 4 and the issue is with Presonus, not Nvidia.

Not from what I'm hearing. Some Win7 users ARE having success with the latest Nvidia drivers, and the Nvidia Win10 drivers are working fine.

There's a couple threads here documenting the issues AND the fact that some Win7 users are working fine.

If it's working for someone, I doubt they join this forum and tell us it's working, but someone who had it fail, then had it working after the latest Nvidia update did report their success with the latest Win 7 Nvidia drivers (June 2018) and the 4.01 update.

I've also heard it may be related to some resolutions, or some optional components from the install.

No way to know from our end where the issue lies, but I believe PreSonus says the ball is in the Nvidia court.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by brettgoodkin on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 am
miloszpawski wroteStill Studio One does not read the tempo of wav files (in BPM) in files browser :-( With REX files, everything is ok. So you can not work well with loops in wav format because stretch audio files to song tempo does not work :-(

+1

This used to work, but seems to have been broken since v4

Please fix

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by PreAl on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:56 am
There is already a seperate thread for the Win7 Nvidia scanning issue.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:23 am
brettgoodkin wrote
miloszpawski wroteStill Studio One does not read the tempo of wav files (in BPM) in files browser :-( With REX files, everything is ok. So you can not work well with loops in wav format because stretch audio files to song tempo does not work :-(

+1

This used to work, but seems to have been broken since v4

Please fix

S1 never detected tempo of a wave file with no tempo data.
It “deduces” tempo of a the file by reading the text description.

This was changed and a request to put it back has been made.

It currently looks for three digits and bpm so 090 bpm will work.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by timray on Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:24 am

Same here..... Hope this gets sorted, very key feature. The loop, file, etc. plays at the correct tempo while previewng but,when dragging onto timeline, it doesnt play at song tempo

Studio One 4- Quantum i/0 - Asus x299 Deluxe (w/included thunderbolt card) - STARTECH TBT3TBTADAP Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter - Intel I7 7820x - 32gb - 4x 2TB Western Digital Blacks - GSkill DDR4, Samsung 970 m.2 NVME 500g - Windows 10 Pro
by robertgray3 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:06 am
timray wrote

Same here..... Hope this gets sorted, very key feature. The loop, file, etc. plays at the correct tempo while previewng but,when dragging onto timeline, it doesnt play at song tempo

Yup, was dealing with this yesterday with a loop-heavy bridge, was not fun, used to work great in 3.5 :(

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by jpettit on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:27 am
robertgray3 wrote
timray wrote

Yup, was dealing with this yesterday with a loop-heavy bridge, was not fun, used to work great in 3.5 :(

Did you guys not read my post?
It works but the text has to be the format I listed for loops with no embedded tempo.

You can request they change it back.
FYI a support person has already written a script to change the format to the format they look for for entire directories.

by robertgray3 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 pm
jpettit wroteDid you guys not read my post?
It works but the text has to be the format I listed for loops with no embedded tempo.

FYI a support person has already written a script to change the format to the format they look for for entire directories.

I read your post, I just like how the old way worked with nearly all the files in my library and I dislike how the new way doesn’t.

Where’s this script?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by jpettit on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:50 pm
robertgray3 wrote
jpettit wroteDid you guys not read my post?

I read your post, I just like how the old way worked with nearly all the files in my library and I dislike how the new way doesn’t.

Where’s this script?

I think most would like it back and it has been communicated to the developers.

by PreAl on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:06 pm
^
IF there is a use case for both then there is a use case to have a setting in preferences so people can decide the behaviour for themselves.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lasperanza on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:00 am
Hi there, I'm having a problem with Studio One 4.0.1 (same with 4.0) and my Plugin Alliance plugins.
If a project created in version 3.5.x is opened in version 4.x, it works all ok, but I cannot ADD any of my Plugin Alliance plugins into it. The ones ALREADY in the project are loaded, albeit having lost their settings, but they can be used. If I want to add any others however, Studio One will not let me.
This happens even after having saved the project as a version 4 file.

I have reinstalled and tried both VST2 and VST3 versions.

I can create new projects successfully with no problem in v4 and add new Plugin Alliance plugins. This is just with songs created initially in version 3.5.x

Is anyone else having this issue, or able to replicate it?

Studio One 5.1 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB DDR4 @3600
Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat PCI-E, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by PreAl on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 am
Speranza wroteHi there, I'm having a problem with Studio One 4.0.1 (same with 4.0) and my Plugin Alliance plugins.
If a project created in version 3.5.x is opened in version 4.x, it works all ok, but I cannot ADD any of my Plugin Alliance plugins into it. The ones ALREADY in the project are loaded, albeit having lost their settings, but they can be used. If I want to add any others however, Studio One will not let me.
This happens even after having saved the project as a version 4 file.

I have reinstalled and tried both VST2 and VST3 versions.

I can create new projects successfully with no problem in v4 and add new Plugin Alliance plugins. This is just with songs created initially in version 3.5.x

Is anyone else having this issue, or able to replicate it?

Remove plugins folders paths in Preferences
Restart studio one
Add back in plugin folder paths in Preferences, reset blacklist.
Restart studio one.

by Lasperanza on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 am
Thanks. Tried it, but no joy.

Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by PreAl on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:26 am
^^ Temp disable your antivirus, start studio one and reset blacklist. Otherwise I suggest you start a new thread so people can carry on with a more general discussion here.

by Jemusic on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:31 am
Generally the latest version will open a previous version and work pretty well. But sometimes there comes a niggle associated with it.

Finish that project in V 3.5. Start new ones in V4. This has been mentioned by the developers previously.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Lasperanza on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:42 am
Yep, looks like I'll have to finish it in 3.5.

PreAI, I tried to start a new thread/topic, but there's no option to do so in this forum currently, not under my current browser (Opera), nor Edge. Looks like I've another problem there too!

EDIT - Ignore that last part - I haven't created a topic in a while and didn't realise the forum has changed a little. I needed to go into Community Support to post a new topic. Doh.
Last edited by Lasperanza on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Focal Twin 6BE monitors

86 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5