4 posts
Page 1 of 1
My first post here at Presonus (I think).
I am not a Superior Drummer 3 owner but since there is no SD3 demo available maybe someone that has Studio One 3.5 and SD3 can answer this question I sent to Toontrack support.

Background - SD3 has a stand alone midi editor timelime. You can make tempo and time signature changes along the line. Here was my question followed by their answer.

"After creating a modified tempo and time signature in Superior Drummer 3, how do I export that information into my DAW. In other words, if I create a song with both 7/8 and 3/4 time signatures and varying tempo in SD3 how does my DAW know how to follow what I created? Do I have to use Rewire? Please advise. Thanks."

Toontrack -
"Hi John, Thanks for your email. There is not a way to export the tempo map from SD3 directly. When you export the MIDI created in SD3, it should retain the time signature and tempo data in that file. Some DAWs will ask you if you want the tempo and time signature data that is written to the file to be included when imported to the DAW. In our tests, we have not been able to get Studio One Pro 3 to ask if the time signature/tempo data should be included during a MIDI file import. We are limited to support we can provide for Studio One, so we cannot advise which setting would help keep the data written to the MIDI file."

Has anyone, who owns both products, been able to do this? Thank you!

John Masarone
[email protected]" target="_blank
http://jmasno5.com
http://masarone.bandcamp.com

Using Studio One 3.5, Windows 10, 16GB RAM, i5
by clintrupp on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am
Export from SD3 Tracker to midi, drag it onto a new instrument track in S1, open the tempo track in S1 and drag the midi file onto the tempo track to get the tempo info. This is how S1 confirms that you want to read the tempo data from the midi file.

Win 10 x64, Gigabyte Z170 GA-7 i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz , Gigabyte GTX 970, Water Cooled. 2 X SSD Samsung NVMe 950 Pro 512gb, 840D SSD, 3TB WDC, Studio One Pro V4.1, CS18Ai, Quantum, Studio 192, E66 x2, E8 x 2, E5 x2, Temblor T10, Monitor Station V2, MPD218, MPD226, Cubase 10, Reaper 5, All iZotope and FabFilter plugs, Amplitube 4, Superior Drummer 3.0, EZ Drummer 2
by ianbevan on Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:17 pm
In LOGIC, when importing a Superior Drummer File, gves you a prompt: "Also import tempo information?" This will replace the project's current tempo information in the range of the MIDI file. Consider that the sequencer tempo will get out of sync with any previously recorded audio tracks, unless those are in "flex mode"!.....

I have been using S1 for a LONG time and i've been finding that due to this prompt not being issued in Studio one, midi files from programs like Superior Drummer, Sylus RMX, etc sometimes fall off the grid, causing all types of issues.

I just got LOGIC today for free trial just to test how it deals with the issue and this prompt would have saved countless hours if Studio one had a similar feature.

So say I have my Studio one song file at 89 bpm and my Superior Drummer Midi is 120, how do I make it so that the midi form Superior drummer ends up in 89 bpm and that everything is on grid like Logic naturally does?
by Tacman7 on Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:42 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

If your song is set to 89bpm and you drop the midi part in it will be running at 89bpm.

So if it was 4 bars long you should be able to drop it in and it will take 4 bars of space no matter what tempo you run.

Let me see if you're getting something different.

Where something is placed has to do with snap and snap settings.
https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Editing_ ... Events.htm?

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

4 posts
Page 1 of 1