12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Is anyone finding that selecting multiple tracks, right-clicking and choosing either "add bus for selected channels" or "add VCA for selected channels" only creates a bus or VCA, but does not connect the channels to the appropriate buss/VCA? (i.e. has the same functionality as just right-clicking and selecting "add bus" or "add VCA")

Selecting a single channel and using right-click "add VCA for selected channels" works correctly. Selecting a single channel and using right-click "add bus for selected channels" only creates the bus but does not set up the channel send.

Selecting multiple channels and selecting the + beside the send in console, then selecting "add buss channels" correctly adds the bus and sets up the sends.

Using audio tracks only. SO Version 4.0.0.47704 on Windows 10.

Cheers,

Lonny
by Jemusic on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm
Selecting a number of tracks for me and assigning them to a BUS automatically sends those tracks to the buss.

VCA's work differently. Audio is not passing through a VCA like a Buss. The VCA will take control of them through. (Note: Move the VCA fader and observe all the so assigned tracks move as well )They remain assigned to the outputs they have already been assigned to.

It can be easy to not fully understand VCA's. Here is a good intro video to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nduFeK1iJtg

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by lonnyhandwork on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm
Thanks for the reply Jemusic - much appreciated. I do understand VCA tracks but I didn't seem to have the correct behavior with the right click menu.

I say "didn't" seem - as in past-tense - because now it works fine. I swear it wasn't... but it is certainly possible that I looked at the wrong tracks when I was verifying if the new VCA was correctly associated with the channels.

Right-click and "add bus to selected channels" definitely broken for me. Just creates a bus and no send assignment(s).

Lonny

Jemusic wroteSelecting a number of tracks for me and assigning them to a BUS automatically sends those tracks to the buss.

VCA's work differently. Audio is not passing through a VCA like a Buss. The VCA will take control of them through. (Note: Move the VCA fader and observe all the so assigned tracks move as well )They remain assigned to the outputs they have already been assigned to.

It can be easy to not fully understand VCA's. Here is a good intro video to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nduFeK1iJtg
by lisarowe on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 am
lonnyhandwork wroteRight-click and "add bus to selected channels" definitely broken for me. Just creates a bus and no send assignment(s).]

I ran into this problem too.
I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, so unhelpfully, I can't give more details.
I did open a song to test and had no issues a few minutes ago.

Question: did your file come from 3.5 or a template that you created in 3.5? Or is it all instances created in 4.0? All of your 4.0 songs? If not, are there any common elements in the songs that do have the problem?
Because that's my next thought to check (based on what I've been doing since 4.0 came out).
The trick for me will be to find the exact (and probably rare) circumstances where I had the problem so I can confirm.
I am not in charge of anything here just an interested bystander.
And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering out loud.
: )
Lisa

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
AKAI 25 and Keystep 32 midi controllers
8-)
by lonnyhandwork on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:24 pm
Lisa,

That helps a lot actually - if for no other reason that it makes me think I'm not imagining things!

Tried it today with a fresh file (i.e. no template) and it works just fine.... could be the template I was using as you suggest? Or maybe it was just an odd Windows/mouse drawing thingy that went away that when I rebooted.

Anyway - I'll watch to see if it re-emerges but for now attribute it to a one-off glitch...

Cheers,

Lonny
by Martin626 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:11 pm
I'm having this problem too! If I select 2 tracks then add bus, all works OK: bus track created and the tracks are routed through the new bus. 3 or more tracks result in the new bus but none of the selected tracks are routed to it!

VCA works fine.

Song newly created in SO4.

i7 with 12GB mem. Windows 7, Studio one v3 pro, focusrite scarlett 18i20 interface, novation SL Remote 61, faderport, many guitars, edums. Writing and recording for my own pleasure.
by laurengoodwin1 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:48 pm
Working on Mac 10.13.4 and Studio One 4.

Perhaps this is related to Windows only?
by Jemusic on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:00 pm
This works perfectly for me (Win 7) whether I select 2 tracks or 20. Buss gets created every time and all tracks are automatically pointed to it. I am testing this from newly created V4 songs though. But as seen from another post here it also did not work for that person who also did this in V4.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jBranam on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 pm
it is pretty odd but i am sure they will remedy. found that if i open a v3 song (this was mentioned) in v4 the first highlighted group i try to install a bus for fails... creates the bus but doesn't send to it. BUT ... the second batch works perfect. highlight... create bus for selected... creates the bus and sends all highlighted tracks to that bus. tried it twice and only the first batch gets no direction. cheers

jay

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by lisarowe on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:56 pm
jBranam wrotefound that if i open a v3 song (this was mentioned) in v4 the first highlighted group i try to install a bus for fails... creates the bus but doesn't send to it. BUT ... the second batch works perfect.

Thanks Jay.
That sounds like what happened to me too.

Lonny, I'm also glad we're not the only ones to find the issue.

I came back to say that now that I'm aware of it, the next time I encounter it, I will attempt to find the 'repeatable steps to create' and report back.
: )

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
AKAI 25 and Keystep 32 midi controllers
8-)
by marcinskoczylas on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:49 am
This does not work for me, which is annoying and I did not understand what is going on for a while. Whenever I select more channels and create a bus for them they are not routed manually. It is OK to route manually a few channels, but when the number is large this is really bad UX. How to fix this problem?
by Lokeyfly on Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:54 am
marcinskoczylas wroteThis does not work for me, which is annoying and I did not understand what is going on for a while. Whenever I select more channels and create a bus for them they are not routed manually. It is OK to route manually a few channels, but when the number is large this is really bad UX. How to fix this problem?

I'm going to check myself later as I'm not near my computer. I could swear I experienced this a few days ago, but I didn't have time to explore it further with creating a VCA and having it auto link the group.

Until you get further help as someone will probably chime in, I will have a look later.

Please add your system specs to your signature so we know what platform, interface and relevant information you have. By adding your specs to your signature, its aways there so you only need to do that once.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

12 posts
Page 1 of 1