6 posts
Page 1 of 1
For an instrument track you have only an option to choose one MIDI IN or all MIDI INs. It would be better, more flexible to be able to choose specified ins (one/some/all). Better still, have the track “listen” only to specified midi channels, and possibly even filter out specified midi data. -I come from Cubase, and miss functions like “Midi Input Filter”.

Same kind of options for track MIDI OUT.

:readit:
by Jemusic on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:18 am
I think you can specify now what midi channels a track will receive. Go to your external devices and click on the controller that is sending. Click on EDIT and you will see more than likely ALL midi channels selected there. You can just specify what midi channel you want to receive on. Uncheck the ones you want to ignore.

Selecting just a single midi source is also handy if you want to use two controllers at once playing two handed. As long as they are connected to two different Midi IN ports on your interface then you can do this. Set up two instrument tracks and just specify one controller for one input and the other as the second.

So the current system selecting either just one midi source or ALL in fact works pretty well. Agreed some more filter options might be handy but the ones they have chosen are a good start though. I find Aftertouch pretty handy. Because on my Kurzweil PC3K you have to go through a rather lengthy procedure to turn it off. It is much easier to do it with the filter.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by hannusiukola on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 am
Jemusic wroteI think you can specify now what midi channels a track will receive. Go to your external devices and click on the controller that is sending. Click on EDIT and you will see more than likely ALL midi channels selected there. You can just specify what midi channel you want to receive on. Uncheck the ones you want to ignore.

Selecting just a single midi source is also handy if you want to use two controllers at once playing two handed. As long as they are connected to two different Midi IN ports on your interface then you can do this. Set up two instrument tracks and just specify one controller for one input and the other as the second.

So the current system selecting either just one midi source or ALL in fact works pretty well. Agreed some more filter options might be handy but the ones they have chosen are a good start though. I find Aftertouch pretty handy. Because on my Kurzweil PC3K you have to go through a rather lengthy procedure to turn it off. It is much easier to do it with the filter.

Thanks for reminding that you really can specify midi channels when defining external devices. That and the fact that you can also usually specify midi channel(s) in the sending/receiving device, does give you some flexibility, supposing that you know what you are doing.

Another or additional route would be more track based definitions. I think it would offer more simplicity in the long run and give more quick options with midi, without every time going “under the hood”.
by Tacman7 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:09 am
Also you can have more than one midi track going to an instrument.
Different channels and or different sources.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by PreAl on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by hannusiukola on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 am
PreAl wrotehttp://answers.presonus.com/questions/studio-one-feature-requests?sort=votes

How do you insert a feature request in that list?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1