5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

My first post here. I've read plenty but this is my first.

So, I made a little mistake installing Studio One Pro 4 when it was released hoping it would solve bugs and weird behaviors I had with the last 3.5something. I went through all the same problems you had, with S3 being deactivated, plugins in S4 not working, the plugin scanner freezing etc.

Well, I realized it was a good idea to wait a little since S4 apparently felt more like a beta than a release.

BUT, then I made another mistake. I upgraded my Mac Pro with some new drives, RAM and while I was at it a new fresh installation of High Sierra since I just purchased a new sound card (Antelope Discrete4). I installed S4 and all my plugins (only legal stuff here, I'm a professional) just to see if it worked better this time AND IT DID! I was so happy and excited that I opened an ongoing session and started working.

Just to found out that this really doesn't work well at all.

So, before I roll back I just need to ask if you guys have the same problems, especially with Softube-stuff.

- Softube Tape is a real no go. It crashes the whole thing.
- Console 1 "works" as in the plugin loads and I can communicate it to pop up, but no knobs are working and the plugin doesn't seem to function.
- S4 becomes extremely sluggish and behaves super bad with any Softube stuff on there.
- Also, it crashes randomly on other plugins, especially on opening and closing plugin windows.

I should mention that Softube sponsored me with all their plugins (except the Console1 that I bought myself) and I've alerted them as well how terrible this works right now.

Maybe you've already covered this in the "big" thread, but it feels like this version of Studio One is a real weak release. I've been a devoted newcomer for the last two years migrating from Pro Tools, but even AVID feels serious compared to this release.

I know I know, I shouldn't have updated in the first place, but it's really been a downhill for me since version 3.2something. So many crashes and bugs and annoying things... And then Version 4 comes crashing in like a train wreck...

Well, hopefully one can start focusing on work again soon and not crashing software. I really feel that the last 6 months made me think about migrating again which is just something I wanna avoid...

I run a Mac Pro 5.1 with 48gb Ram, SSD drives for OS and for Audio and a Raid0 for backup and sounds. High Sierra, with all the latest updates, plugins, and everything is legal etc.
by robertgray3 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:14 pm
I don’t have all your plugins available but I may be able to test Tape. Are you using the MixFX version of Tape? Haven’t used it on too many mixes since updating to v4 but so far it seems fairly normal

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by nielsnielsen1 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:28 pm
Hey robert, it behaves the same as MixFX and as a regular Plugin. I've tried all versions of it, AU, VST2 and VST3.

Ok, so I did try a few things here. The project itself was new but plugins didn't work. I saved the song to a new folder etc and now both Console 1 works (but crashed after adding a few) and the Tape plugin seems to work as both as regular and MixFX.

I see no logic in this, but at least it seems to work.

Hopefully there will be an update pretty soon.
by webhamster on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 pm
Have not tested S4 on a Mac, but most Softube Plugins work fine on pc.
Exception is Console One, which has problems with any S1 version(since 3.5), when vsti low latency mode is enabled.

Softube knows about these problems, but seems to have very little interest bug fixes.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by jonleslie on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:09 am
I am having trouble as well with studio one 4 professional and softube free plugins. I am on a windows 10 pc laptop. Can you tell me what “locations “ you have set in either options (pc) or preferences (mac)
I have the plugins installed and activated but they don’t show up in studio one 4 professional .

iMac mid 2007 (os 10.11.6) dual core 2.0 /4 gig ram,
pc laptop windows 10
12 gig ram

Audiobox 2x2 USB
/focusrite 1818 1rst gen usb
Studio one Professional 4.1.1

5 posts
Page 1 of 1