3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

Hoping someone can help me with this:

I would like to input sound from my Katana 100 amp using usb straight into Studio One 3. I have connected the amp via usb and have downloaded the drivers. I go to Studio One Preferences > Audio Setup and select Playback Device > Duet usb (as I would like to monitor the sound through my monitor speakers connected to a Duet 2). For Recording Device I have selected Katana. When I go to Studio One and set up a track to record I have set the Input to Katana. However, I am not getting any sound.

Does anyone have a solution to this or perhaps a video tutorial on how to set this up properly?

I can't use a mic in front of the Katana because of external sound.

I have been inputing sound from the Katana through the Duet 2 but haven't been real happy with the results and wanted to at least try recording via usb to see if it's any better.

Thanks

Mick

iMac running Yosemite.
Presonus Studio One 2.
by Jemusic on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:26 am
The first thing I would do is check to see if the signal is actually getting from the amp to Studio One. With the console view open click on Inputs to the very left. Look for the signal coming in there. The manual says the effected sound is being sent on Windows Primary. On Mac Stereo Out 1/2.

Is the signal arriving there. From the manual it looks like it is being sent all the time. If the signal is arriving there then the track needs to be Rec armed and input monitoring selected before you will see it and hear it monitoring through Studio One.

I guess you could monitor the guitar sound via the amps speaker. Let us know how you go.

Looking at the block diagram for analog recording I would be using the LINE OUT (not the REC OUT) The REC OUT comes after the Master stage whereas the LINE OUT is at the same point as where the USB signal is being split off. (Before the Master stage) Whatever the Master stage actually means. I would imagine the LINE OUT signal to be of very similar quality to the USB feed.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by michaellamm on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:10 am
Thanks for that. I’ll give it a try in the next day or so. Much appreciated.

Mick

iMac running Yosemite.
Presonus Studio One 2.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1