68 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
PreAl wrote
daniellesaux wrote
brandonrobertson2 wroteHey guys, I went through tech support and this fixed my problem. Hope it helps.

Go to %AppData%.
In Roaming, go to Presonus > Studio One 4 and drag the “x64” folder to the desktop.
Launch Studio One 4 and check if the issue persists.

If it works, just delete the x64 folder on your desktop as it creates a new one at startup.

Also had tech support on the phone today and this is exactly what he did and it finally fixed my problem. It forces a complete rescan of all plugins.

Imho those who were copying DLLs (do not recommend) should undo that action and do this (see if it works for them). The other way to force a scan was to remove the plugin folder paths and put them back in, recreating the folder however (as quoted) sounds like a better idea (or do both).

Just to be clear, I did delete %AppData% file and saw that a new one was created. Made NO difference. I also deleted all plugin folder paths (twice) and added them back one by one, and that made absolutely no difference. And I also repeated both processes at the same time. Made NO difference.

So I guess I will just follow the leader's recommendation and undo the copying of the dll, and just live with the fact I wont have Wave plugins in SOv4.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by PreAl on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:19 pm
bartbalint wroteJust to be clear, I did delete %AppData% file and saw that a new one was created. Made NO difference. I also deleted all plugin folder paths (twice) and added them back one by one, and that made absolutely no difference. And I also repeated both processes at the same time. Made NO difference.

So I guess I will just follow the leader's recommendation and undo the copying of the dll, and just live with the fact I wont have Wave plugins in SOv4.

Yeah so you appear to be in exactly the same boat I was in, I had to do full uninstall, install V9 plugins offline followed by V10 (without accepting uninstall prompts). Process has been written by me and other people earlier.

It was a PITA but at least it's fixed properly and unlikely to have any further issues when patching.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by brionreid on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:45 pm
I had updated to 10 with 9 uninstall: then no joy. Although Reason 10 saw the updated VSTs just fine so thought it was some persistent/uncleared StudioOne settings.
Being too pissed to go backward to 9 I found what I thought was the issue Plugin-en.settings xml file. Found that the Waves section 10 had ZERO VSTs listed while 9.92 (which I had uninstalled) still showed having all of them. I ended up cutting out the end of the 10 section and the header for the 9.92 section to merge the VSTs under the 10 section. Bingo! I also cut out all the VST2 versions & garbage trial vsts I could never get rid of & just hid in StudioOne.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64\Plugins-en.settings
By default, you can't see the AppData folder but if you just add \AppData onto the end of the address in the address bar in file explorer the directory & content should become visible.

Good Luck
by toddjenkins on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:38 am
I was having an issue with Waves 10 where the au version was showing up in Studio One 4, but the vst and vst3 versions were not. I prefer to use vst 3 when possible.

I looked at the folders (I am on Mac), and noticed the Wave Shell 10.0 file was listed as Wave Shell1. I renamed it by removing the "1" and now it shows up and works in Studio One 4.

Just posting this as something that can be tried by people who still have not found a solution.

Studio One Pro 5.4.0, PreSonus Quantum 2

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch 2020), Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
3.8 GHz 8-core intel i7, 72GB RAM
1TB SSD Drive, 2TB G-Drive SSD External Drive
by bartbalint on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:21 pm
Perhaps Good that you found something like that works. I found that while adding the WaveShell1 dll to a different folder finally got SO v4 to recognize my Waves v10 VSTs, the whole thing was totally screwed with the next new Waves plugin and Waves update that I purchased.

Meaning copying and pasting WaveShell dll’s, worked temporarily, but messed things up long term on my system.

I went through the whole sequence of uninstalling/clearing the registry of all Waves instances/ and reinstalling cleanly. Finally pointing to a new scan location for SOv4 resolved the issue. (Which was suggested by PreAI in one of his posts in this thread.) so I finally achieved what I needed by not changing or copying any WaveShell dlls.

I do understand your frustration in not having these plugins show up like they should. Do watch however with your next Waves purchase or dll update.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by PreAl on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:00 am
^
Indeed, Sadly there's going to be some self inflicted DLL hell in future for those manually copying files. I guess all we can do is keep flagging this.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by martinweeks on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 pm
I fussed with cust support too.
Said the magic words "I would like to use your plugins but I DON'T NEED THEM..." I got an immediate request for Team Viewer phone call... called them back logged them in to remote...
the techie guy went zip zip zip real fast....to fast for me to follow and everything worked fine. Remember, they want YOUR money so that seems to fix technical jargon very quickly
by Jim Roseberry on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:41 am
Changed hardware in my DAW:
Downloaded the latest Waves Central to install a combination of v9 and v10 plugins.
The online installer would only install v10 plugins.
You have to download a legacy installer for all v9 plugins.
Bit of a pain... but all sorted. (The offline install pack is ~3GB)

Best Regards,
Jim Roseberry
www.studiocat.com
[email protected]

68 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4