68 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
PreAl wrote
daniellesaux wroteI heard back from Waves support and they sent me a link for a V9-V10 Organizer for PC. According to tech support "the Organizer will go over the Waves licenses activated on your system and verify that only the correct version of your plugins is installed." He said this should fix the issue.

Any chance of sharing the link?

Sure, here is the link. Please note that I haven't tried this yet so please proceed cautiously! :D

https://emea01.safelinks.protection.out ... reserved=0

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by mBrane on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:23 pm
There is a larger issue here that has *nothing* to do with v9 plugs not under WUP.

Last month, I purchased and installed Vocal Rider, so v9 installed. All good in Studio One 4 and eligible for v10 upgrade.

Last night, I purchased Scheps Omni Channel. When I went to install, Waves Central upgraded itself. v10 of Omni Channel installed, then offered to upgrade licenses to v10 (went fine, according to Waves Central), then I chose option to delete old v9 stuff.

Then launched S1. It still only saw Vocal Rider. I cleared blacklist and rescanned. Still just Vocal Rider. I moved licenses to cloud and back to my PC. Still just Vocal Rider. In Central, I uninstalled all plugs (v9 and v10). Relaunched S1. All Waves plugs gone (*finally*, something as expected!).

I re-installed *just* Omni Channel and relaunched S1. Guess what? VOCAL RIDER SHOWED UP!!! What the heck? So, something is seriously confused and caching old plugs!

So, I moved licenses to cloud, uninstalled Central, deleted C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio folder (which oddly still had a v10 directory), downloaded the v9 archive from Waves, installed the legacy Waves Central from that archive, then installed *just* Omni Channel and relaunched S1. Guess what? VOCAL RIDER SHOWED UP AGAIN!!! Onward...

Uninstalled v9 Waves Central.

Scanned Registry. No trace of "vocal rider" or "rider." Scanned C: drive. Deleted all folders under Program Files and Program File (x86) that had the word "Waves." Also deleted C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Roaming\WavesAudio folder. Rebooted.

Re-installed Waves Central v10. Installed just Scheps Omni Channel. Launched S1. Any frickin' guesses what showed up there under Waves plugs? VOCAL RIDER!!! Also, files and folders referencing "Vocal Rider.bundle" showed up again under AppData!!!

I'm about to lose my mind!!! This is CRAP!!! :evil:

P.S. That V9-10 Organizer app runs some type of script and did *nothing* to help me.

- mBrane
by PreAl on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:12 pm
mBrane wrote. I cleared blacklist and rescanned.

Delete the all the VSt folder paths, rescan, restart, then put them back in... ditto.

Cheers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by mBrane on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:44 pm
PreAl wrote
mBrane wrote. I cleared blacklist and rescanned.

Delete the all the VSt folder paths, rescan, restart, then put them back in... ditto.
Cheers.

Oh. My. THAT FIXED IT!!!!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!!! :punk:

What a bunch of crap! I deleted all VST paths and didn't even add them back and S1 told me that it would update on restart. Wow. Why the heck would I have to do that?! Evidently a caching issue with S1 that they *desperately* need to expose in the GUI! You would *think* that checking the box to scan on startup and clearing blacklist would be the extent of it!

Anyway, PreAl, you made my day!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

- mBrane
by PreAl on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 pm
^^ Has been logged. Cheers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by zeljkobozin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:10 pm
robertanderson14 wroteI tried the uninstall route and other things too, but didn't work.

The copy suggestion worked for me, but only after I clicked "Update Plug-ins" in the browser.

Instead of copying it, though, I created a soft link to the file in its original location. This may be more resilient to future updates. I did it this way:

1. Open administrative command prompt
2. CD into the folder in which you want the DLL
3. Execute this command :
mklink "WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll" "c:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll"

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I decided to link it in the directory C:\Program Files\Steinburg\VSTplugins\ and it worked! That is after re-installing and re-activating via Waves Central failed.
by PreAl on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 pm
^
Future DLL hell right there. Mark my words.

by zeljkobozin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:01 pm
I'll try removing and re-adding the paths to its original and in S4Pro, didn't have luck the first few times I tried.
by zeljkobozin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 pm
PreAl wrote^

Thanks PreAI. Just tried again. For some reason, Studio One Pro 4 does not see WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll in it's default directory, no matter how many times I reset the paths inside SO and re-scan, however if I link (it's still in its original path) it, or even install V10 plugins in a different location, SO sees the V10 DLL. I will keep it as is for now as it works, however thank you for the heads up as I will revert back to the original path as soon as there is an update to Waves Central or SO to avoid potential future problems.
by daniellesaux on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:46 pm
zeljkobozin wrote
PreAl wrote^

Thanks PreAI. Just tried again. For some reason, Studio One Pro 4 does not see WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll in it's default directory, no matter how many times I reset the paths inside SO and re-scan, however if I link (it's still in its original path) it, or even install V10 plugins in a different location, SO sees the V10 DLL. I will keep it as is for now as it works, however thank you for the heads up as I will revert back to the original path as soon as there is an update to Waves Central or SO to avoid potential future problems.

Same issue here! I had to revert to V9 for SO4 to see my Waves plugins. It just doesn't see the Waveshell file.

Peace!

Dan

Intel UHD Graphics 750
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus Faderport 2018
by mBrane on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm
Again, fix that worked for me is above (ie. deleting VST path from Studio One, which triggered rescan/update of Waves shell). If that doesn't work for you, here are instructions for a complete re-install that Waves Tech Support provided:

If you have IR convolution reverb impulse files, please back up the following folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses V2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Acoustics.net Impulses (if exists)

First, uninstall:
Launch Central.
Go to Install > Uninstall, check mark both boxes and click Uninstall.
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall Central.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the Waves folder.
Press [Win key]+R, type %AppData% and hit Enter.
In the Roaming folder that shows, drag the Waves Audio folder to your desktop.
Press [Win key]+R, type %LocalAppData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
Press [Win key]+R, type %ProgramData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ DigiDesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\WPAPI

Now to re-install:
Download and install Central.
Run Central and log in.
Go to Install Products.
On the left column, select Online.
On the middle column, click on My Products and select the products you wish to install.
Click Install on the bottom right.

- mBrane
by jih64 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 pm
No issues here with upgrading eligible plugins to v10 and keeping all the others at v9 that were not under WUP and therefore not eligible for upgrade, everything is in default locations and all work fine in Studio One 4. The whole process was pretty straight forward and easy, hard for me to imagine all the difficulties I have read about.

For me it was just a matter of going to the Waves site, selecting my products, clicking on the upgrade link next to one of my eligible plugins which open up another page which had all my eligible plugins listed, select all and hit upgrade, received a message saying licenses were applied, installed the latest version of Waves Central, select the upgrade eligible plugins, it asked whether or not I wanted to upgrade everything or just the selected plugins, I chose just the selected plugins, hit the button and all was done. Everything works as normal and I have my upgraded v10 plugs working happily alongside the rest of the v9 plugins. Easy as.
by frank.crow on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:11 am
jih64 wroteNo issues here with upgrading eligible plugins to v10 and keeping all the others at v9 that were not under WUP and therefore not eligible for upgrade, everything is in default locations and all work fine in Studio One 4. The whole process was pretty straight forward and easy, hard for me to imagine all the difficulties I have read about.

For me it was just a matter of going to the Waves site, selecting my products, clicking on the upgrade link next to one of my eligible plugins which open up another page which had all my eligible plugins listed, select all and hit upgrade, received a message saying licenses were applied, installed the latest version of Waves Central, select the upgrade eligible plugins, it asked whether or not I wanted to upgrade everything or just the selected plugins, I chose just the selected plugins, hit the button and all was done. Everything works as normal and I have my upgraded v10 plugs working happily alongside the rest of the v9 plugins. Easy as.

This was my experience as well, the exception was that my new purchase wouldn’t appear in my S4 inventory despite my being notified of installation success. In fact the only way to bring it up was as an insert in another plugin like Blue Cat Patchbay. It eventually fixed. I have no idea what the issue was.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by PreAl on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am
daniellesaux wrote
PreAl wrote
daniellesaux wroteI heard back from Waves support and they sent me a link for a V9-V10 Organizer for PC. According to tech support "the Organizer will go over the Waves licenses activated on your system and verify that only the correct version of your plugins is installed." He said this should fix the issue.

Any chance of sharing the link?

Sure, here is the link. Please note that I haven't tried this yet so please proceed cautiously! :D

https://emea01.safelinks.protection.out ... reserved=0

Tech support sent me the anyway link and I ran the utility. After this two plugins which were V9 went up to V10 as should be expected. So that resolved my secondary issue.

So all I need now is how to get this multi rack freebie installed, I have licenses installed locally but it won't install anywhere. I'll wait for support.

by daniellesaux on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:45 am
Ran the utility and still no luck recognizing the V10 versions. This is crazy! I contacted tech support again,

Peace!

Dan

Intel UHD Graphics 750
PreSonus Faderport 2018
by brandonrobertson2 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:44 am
Hey guys, I went through tech support and this fixed my problem. Hope it helps.

Go to %AppData%.
In Roaming, go to Presonus > Studio One 4 and drag the “x64” folder to the desktop.
Launch Studio One 4 and check if the issue persists.

If it works, just delete the x64 folder on your desktop as it creates a new one at startup.

Brandon Robertson | Hobbyist
---------------------------------------------------------------
AMD 2700x | 16G ram
Windows 10 | Studio One v4 |
Focusrite 2i4 | Kontrol S25
by darrenporter1 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:09 am
In case anyone stumbles here and is afraid to upgrade and ALL of your plugins are current at version 10, just go the Waves website, upgrade all of your plugins to V10 through your account there and then run Waves Central. Install the new version when prompted and do the V10 install from there.

Everything works without a hitch.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by bartbalint on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:21 pm
daniellesaux wroteRan the utility and still no luck recognizing the V10 versions. This is crazy! I contacted tech support again,

I did a totally clean install of Waves central and my v10 plugins. SO4 did not see them. I did everything suggested in this thread. No v10 seen by SOv4, but seen by Cakewalk and Cubase, so they had been correctly installed.

Finally, added WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll into the C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\VST3 folder.
Restarted and rescanned. AND Waves plugins V10 finally show up in the plugin FX list!!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by daniellesaux on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:35 pm
brandonrobertson2 wroteHey guys, I went through tech support and this fixed my problem. Hope it helps.

Go to %AppData%.
In Roaming, go to Presonus > Studio One 4 and drag the “x64” folder to the desktop.

If it works, just delete the x64 folder on your desktop as it creates a new one at startup.

Also had tech support on the phone today and this is exactly what he did and it finally fixed my problem. It forces a complete rescan of all plugins.

Peace!

Dan

Intel UHD Graphics 750
PreSonus Faderport 2018
by PreAl on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 am
daniellesaux wrote
brandonrobertson2 wroteHey guys, I went through tech support and this fixed my problem. Hope it helps.

Go to %AppData%.

Also had tech support on the phone today and this is exactly what he did and it finally fixed my problem. It forces a complete rescan of all plugins.

Imho those who were copying DLLs (do not recommend) should undo that action and do this (see if it works for them). The other way to force a scan was to remove the plugin folder paths and put them back in, recreating the folder however (as quoted) sounds like a better idea (or do both).

68 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4