7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there any way to render a midi track that follow the chord track? like you can with midi Note FX. I've tried to render instrument track, but doesn't seem to render the notes by the chord track. I would like to be able to render the midi as generated so I can turn off follows chords then make adjustments to the midi track manually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by Trucky on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:00 pm
Here's a good Chord Track video to check out:

https://youtu.be/elQpKx9n7dI

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by JohnBW on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 pm
I'm not quite sure if I follow the use of the term "render" in this question. To me the idea of rendering an instrument track is to render it as an audio track as played through the virtual instrument. Maybe synonymous with mix down, or freezing. in some contexts.

But it appears that you have used the term "render" with the intent of working with rendered MIDI note data in this case.

So are you are looking for something to generate MIDI note data (where no note data currently exists) based on the chords in the chord track?

As far as I know the chord track only alters existing MIDI note data that you have either played, or entered, into the track.

I think that video in the link above is very helpful.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by markrobotham on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm
Thanks for the reply, I did see that video when it first came out, but doesn't answer my question. Yes I mean bounce the midi as midi but with what the chord track has supplied, rather like when you use the arp in not FX, if you render, it renders the midi with the arp as midi note data. Maybe it`s not possible at this time?

EDIT:
Actually just had a thought and just tried something. It is possible by saving the project as a midi file, then re-importing the midi. Would be just quicker though if we could render it, just like Note FX.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by JohnBW on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:15 pm
It looks like if you already have MIDI note data in a track, and that track is set to follow the chord track changes, it would automatically render the changes in place according to the chord track in real-time. No offline renders, or export/import needed.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by niles on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 pm
markrobotham wroteI would like to be able to render the midi as generated so I can turn off follows chords then make adjustments to the midi track manually.
Musical Functions > Freeze Pitch

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by markrobotham on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:24 am
niles wrote
markrobotham wroteI would like to be able to render the midi as generated so I can turn off follows chords then make adjustments to the midi track manually.
Musical Functions > Freeze Pitch

Excellent, thank you! :-)

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ