32 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
graytermedia wroteI'm a Komplete user and have programmed drums with Battery since version 2. While I agree with the DAW hopping aspect - a habit I'm trying to break with S1v4 - I find Impact easier to use. I think its strength lies in its lack of features. I don't really need the built in effects because I have better 3rd party stuff.

tg

I’m with you on that. I don’t like having to navigate past a bunch of things I have no use for to get to things I use all the time. I feel that way with Battery. It was great and I used it all the time in REAPER but now that I’m in S1v4 Impact just makes too much sense to leave alone.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 am
Same issue here. I have loaded impact with different samples located on a an external drive.
Now when i save the song it does not copy the external files into the pool or to the song.
So only way to collect all samples to a new folder or another location is to manually locate the samples (about 50-60 of them spread all over different folders and subfolders on the ext drive) and copy them to a new folder, and then i guess i need to locate them again when i open impact.

Collect all samples to a new location? Should be a basic feature.

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by robertgray3 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 am
Well keep in mind this is all a byproduct of the newer feature where all Impact samples are supposed to be able to be stored in one global location. So if you're not switching songs between hard drives a ton you could take advantage of that feature. I think it's detailed somewhere in that Studio One 4 release livestream they did? I'm not really sure, I haven't had time to dig into it yet.

But yeah as it all stands encapsulating samples into your song the way we used to do it is not as easy anymore, I'm assuming it will be fixed. Can't hurt to send a ticket so they see your current situation and how it was in v3 vs v4.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm
This is taken from the manual:

Working with .multisample and .soundx Files

Given that it's so easy to create new sample libraries in Impact XT, you may find that you want to exchange them with other people, or use the samples in different instruments, such as SampleOne XT. To export the current set of samples as a .multisample file, click the menu button and choose Export Multisample File... To export the current patch as a .soundx file for other Impact XT users to try, click the menu button and choose Export Preset... To import a multisample or soundx preset file into Impact XT, simply drag-and-drop it onto the plug-in window.

I dont have this option (export multisample file) in the drop drown menu?

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by robertgray3 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:29 am
It’s called a Sampler file I think. It’s in the drop down menu for saving in Impact XT.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am
robertgray3 wroteIt’s called a Sampler file I think. It’s in the drop down menu for saving in Impact XT.

The Sampler file is saving as a .soundx file and is the second option described in the manual.
I would have thought that the first option described, export as .multisample file would collect the samples themselves and give them a new location. But how can i know when its only an option in the manual and not in the vst itself. Some work needs to be done here.

Another thing thats really annoying is that its not possible to remove a sample from a pad. You can only clear a pad, but that will also clear the midi note and the output routing of that pad.

by Lokeyfly on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:04 am
Just to join in on the Suarez since the initial question was answered.
First, I love both impact and Battery and find both purposeful with advantages at each end. Using a laptop, and keeping all of my libraries within, I can't comment on the pros/Cons of importing and exporting advantages.

One thing I'll touch on, and side slightly with PreAl on is the advantage of layering "thick" multiple samples, extensive and instant editing of those layers with battery's interface. Last but not least, and PreAl touched on this is the realism of Battery's samples. It simply adds to much greater dynamic realism That doesn't mean all samples in Battery 3 and 4 are always better because there are some fantastic samples within the Presonus library that really compliment mostly percussion on their own with Impact.

I guess I'm just a fan of both. Of course, I also use BFD2, and Strike II as well, which also weigh in with Pros and Cons but are geared more as drum sample players. It's all what you like, and can take with you to be productive with. It's a pretty nice conundrum to be left with. :XD:

I simply wanted to weigh in on the ease of layering that Battery provides over Impact XT. You can see the dynamic attack of each note you trigger in real time, and what samples are impacted, instantly adjust, etc., etc. Just sayin.

With Impact XT, whole songs can be realized on its own with its 8 banks. It's just a tad wonky on the layering side of things. Yes you can layer, but it's disappointing to work with from that sample layer respect.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm
I have made a large number of kits for impact xt , and want to now bring these samples into my mpc live as well motu bpm battery and maschine, why can't I access these samples? I need to export the wave files is this not possible?

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by jonhamilton2 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 am
Over a year here ,what has Presonus done about this?

Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
by sangamc on Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 am
If you made the kits using ImpactXT custom preset format, you will not be able to use them in another VST or DAW

jonhamilton2 wroteI have made a large number of kits for impact xt , and want to now bring these samples into my mpc live as well motu bpm battery and maschine, why can't I access these samples? I need to export the wave files is this not possible?

Presonus Studio One v 4.x Professional Win x64
by jonhamilton2 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:58 pm
Great news, well there's no need to make kits for Presonus xt any longer if I cant cave access to my own samples. Good to know, good job Presonus :thumbdown:

by Lawrence on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 am
Copy External Files copies external Impact and Sample One samples to the song folder \Samples folder. Just do it and look there. Those things just don't list in the Pool. If you copy the song folder to another system, everything will be there. If it's not doing that maybe you need to update to the latest version of Studio One 4.

Sample One also has a right click context menu in the samples list, Copy External Samples.

Files from soundsets however are not considered External Files. It's assumed that you'd have the same soundsets on all of your systems. It may be the same for other packages where you can drag in wave files but Studio One just can't copy individual files directly, no idea.

Anyway, see the animated *.gif below...

test.gif

32 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2