21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use different samples from different Sound Sets in Impact...

For example, let's say I wanna use the kick sound from one Sound Set and the snare sound in another Sound Set how do I do it?

I'm using Studio One 4 pro
by hendrik84 on Sun May 27, 2018 8:39 am
So I take it isn't possible?

That's really stupid imo if that is the case.

To be able to create your own 'drumset' using various samples from different Sound Sets should be a no-brainer.
by Tacman7 on Sun May 27, 2018 8:54 am
The forums are not that responsive on a holiday weekend, or anytime.

Have to give it a day or two or research the subject yourself.

The sound set is a container that you can make yourself as I remember.

The process should be able to be undone.

Also there's so much V4 chatter going on.

Hope they get it all figured out by black Friday specials, so I can upgrade.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lawrence on Sun May 27, 2018 9:14 am
See the reference manual section The Browser > Files Tab. Browse through your soundsets and use or search for anything you want to use from any of them.

Attachments
search.png
search.png (8.42 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
by hendrik84 on Sun May 27, 2018 11:38 am
Lawrence wroteSee the reference manual section The Browser > Files Tab. Browse through your soundsets and use or search for anything you want to use from any of them.

Thanks but I've tried that so many times but nothing comes up when I look for files in my Sound Sets folder. It doesn't matter if I'm running Studio One 3 or 4, the Sound Set folder always appears empty in my "Files" even though it's full of Sound Sets.

I wonder what could be wrong? :?
by robertgray3 on Sun May 27, 2018 11:45 am
I think I just noticed what you're talking about on my Mac. OS X 10.12.6. This is how it works for me: Sound Sets can only be explored from the main "Files" display. If I try to explore the folder in sub tabs I get nothing. I don't really follow the logic but it is what it is.

Unless it's empty in your main display too, in which case, I'm not sure what's wrong.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by gottfriedbergmair on Sun May 27, 2018 12:53 pm
My suggestion is that Presonus should make a very tightly browser integration of the Sound Set Builder extension. Currently this tool is a bit tricky to use. But with the proper implementation like full drag & drop and supporting all Presonus instruments, this great tool could solve many problems when it comes to sharing (and mixing) presets and sample files.

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6 Pro + Fat Channel XT Suite + Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM+ATOM SQ; Keylab mk2 49, Lewitt 441 Flex, Zoom H5, Mackie 402-VLZ4; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he Synths, TAL, Klanghelm, RX Std 10
by niles on Sun May 27, 2018 1:08 pm
hendrik84 wroteFor example, let's say I wanna use the kick sound from one Sound Set and the snare sound in another Sound Set how do I do it?
The (clunky) workaround is to copy a pad from one Impact to the other.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by hendrik84 on Sun May 27, 2018 5:09 pm
robertgray3 wroteI think I just noticed what you're talking about on my Mac. OS X 10.12.6. This is how it works for me: Sound Sets can only be explored from the main "Files" display. If I try to explore the folder in sub tabs I get nothing. I don't really follow the logic but it is what it is.

Unless it's empty in your main display too, in which case, I'm not sure what's wrong.

Dude you're the man! That was it!

Thank you all!
by hendrik84 on Sun May 27, 2018 5:12 pm
gottfriedbergmair wroteMy suggestion is that Presonus should make a very tightly browser integration of the Sound Set Builder extension. Currently this tool is a bit tricky to use. But with the proper implementation like full drag & drop and supporting all Presonus instruments, this great tool could solve many problems when it comes to sharing (and mixing) presets and sample files.

Yeah I must say it's a bit weird considering I have it working now and all the folders are called something like "AP Kit 1" and "IM Kit 1" etc. Nothing is called the same as the presets in Impact so I have little clue what I'm looking for.

I actually might use Niles method here above and move samples from one Impact to the other.
by Lawrence on Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 am
G'Morning Guys,

You can also find some if not all of those things in the Loops tab. See the sort setting in the image. I'd encourage users, before getting frustrated, to try everything avaialbe on the UI like the sort settings there just to see what happens. Explore, look around. See the attached image.

That sort lists a relative ton of wav samples here. Please experiment with those things to see what they do.

samples.png

Searching to filter the results...
samples2.png

The Impact soundset in Files > Soundsets showing every kits source samples...
impact samples.png

The new XT soundset...
new impactxt soundset.png
by PreAl on Mon May 28, 2018 1:41 pm
^^

We cannot extract these WAV files can we?
I tried dragging the samples over to other sampler plugins (such as battery) and nothing.. These soundsets only seem to work with impact :x

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lawrence on Mon May 28, 2018 2:01 pm
Well... if you own a third party plugin that for some reason can't take those samples directly drag and drop from the browser... you're quite literally working in an audio workstation so... ? (the rest should be obvious enough without me spelling it out :))

At any rate, the OP was asking about Impact.
by PreAl on Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm
Lawrence wroteWell... if you own a third party plugin that for some reason can't take those samples directly drag and drop from the browser... you're quite literally working in an audio workstation so... ? (the rest should be obvious enough without me spelling it out :))

At any rate, the OP was asking about Impact.

?
Have you actually tried this?

The third party plugin can happily take wav and flac files via drag and drop on the browser. It won't take wav or FLAC files labelled under soundsets, which leads me to believe these sounds are merely labelled as such but actually don't get extracted as FLAC or WAV.

Otherwise please let me know where the FLAC and wav files are for these soundsets, or how they can be extracted. I think they are locked in.

You will also note the OP has been answered to his satisfaction so I'm hardly hijacking.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by garryknight on Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 pm
Lawrence wroteWell... if you own a third party plugin that for some reason can't take those samples directly drag and drop from the browser... you're quite literally working in an audio workstation so... ? (the rest should be obvious enough without me spelling it out :))

Seems that Lawrence is indirectly referring to the use of the audio loopback device. But not all audio interfaces support them. My Focusrite Scarlett doesn't, for example.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by PreAl on Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 pm
I don't think he is to be honest..

Regardless I'll make it simple, somebody show me where the WAV or FLAC files within Windows Explorer for one of the soundsets (away from the studio one browser). You'll probably need to extract them first, I'm not sure if it's even possible,? Let me know.. (Ultimately third party plugins won't read anything under soundsets for this reason).

by Bbd on Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm
I believe Soundsets are their own container of the wave files they use. I have not see any other folders where those files could be stored separately.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Mon May 28, 2018 4:30 pm
Bbd wroteI believe Soundsets are their own container of the wave files they use. I have not see any other folders where those files could be stored separately.

Yup that's how I see it, and no way extract those wav files out of the soundset (or is there?), therefore anything under soundsets will only work with compatible Presonus plugins that read soundsets. Yuck! (If I'm right).

by Lawrence on Mon May 28, 2018 6:20 pm
garryknight wroteSeems that Lawrence is indirectly referring to the use of the audio loopback device. But not all audio interfaces support them. My Focusrite Scarlett doesn't, for example.

Nah, nothing that complex.. :) It's an audio workstation that can import any samples from it's browser directly to the timeline (if necessary). If an operator can't figure out something as basic how to get an audio sample from the browser to … anything else in it that can load common audio files ... well... they're gonna have lots of relative trouble figuring some other things out without assistance. :) I know I keep saying it, but it's an audio workstation. It's main purpose it to manage, change, and deal with audio files.

Not related to or directed at anyone here (please, it's not, really, just a wider observation) but it seems to me that too many modern users of these products have become so used to being handed features for every little tiny thing that when an automatic feature isn't there they just hit a brick wall and don't know what to do, can't really just stop and reason anything out for themselves, so they make another FR. I think we sometimes do some people a disservice by helping them too much with every teeny tiny little thing, when it may be better in the long run (especially for aspiring auidio engineer types) to logically work some things out on their own.

Stop and think about this for three minutes and it should be rather obvious.
by PreAl on Mon May 28, 2018 6:43 pm
Lawrence wroteNot related to or directed at anyone here (please, it's not, really, just a wider observation) but it seems to me that too many modern users of these products have become so used to being handed features for every little tiny thing that when an automatic feature isn't there they just hit a brick wall and don't know what to do, can't really just stop and reason anything out for themselves, so they make another FR.

I think we sometimes do people a disservice by helping them too much, when it may be better in the long run (especially for aspiring auidio engineer types) to logically work some things out on their own.

Stop and think about this for three minutes and it should be rather obvious.

Naa what's really funny is you think dragging all the soundsets onto tracks in Studio one and then (I assume) exporting all of them is somehow a practice solution. This is not a quick way of extracting all the sample WAV's.

I am 48 years old BTW, I have worked in Professional recording studios since the late 80's, I started from tape and have used tons of DAWs/sequencers and samplers. I have not used Studio One that long however my claim to fame is I've read the entire manual (as I always do with new software). One thing you can't define me as is a "modern user".

To be honest you are frankly coming across as a pretty arrogant smartarse, any idiot can see your comments are clearly directed at me.

Have a nice day I'm taking a break from posting in these forums, I won't be talked to like that by anybody.

21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2