3 posts
Page 1 of 1
i checked over and over and cant find any new features in the artist 4 version.

its a bit sad since i also own vst addon and others for artist and there is no need for me to use the pro version.

not worth 49 bucks imho... :/
by jdurham on Sat May 26, 2018 2:07 pm
studioone107 wrotei checked over and over and cant find any new features in the artist 4 version.

its a bit sad since i also own vst addon and others for artist and there is no need for me to use the pro version.

not worth 49 bucks imho... :/

Definitely worth it IMO, but YMMV...

With Artist v4, you are getting Impact XT and Sample One XT and the creative workflow that comes with those. Basically, that's $25 per plugin and great integration inside S1.

You also get the drum editor and pattern editor, which are pretty good, especially the pattern editor IMO. I also think you get the ARA2 integration, for when the next Melodyne comes out.

I don't know about track notes, but you might get those too.

There are also a bunch of other little refinements here and there.

So definitely worth $50 IMO, and you can get a discount at some online shops, around 10-15% off, so that makes it no-brainer territory if you think you might benefit from those new tools.

Again, YMMV.
by PreAl on Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 pm
Cost less than £100 for me for pro. If it's not worth upgrading now it may well be next year, the chances of getting it cheaper are slim.

Even if it was just for support it would be worth it (£33 a year maybe).

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers). A bigly amount of other gear.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1