47 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Given that - nobody - knows literally every single little thing about this app (except for the people in Hamburg I suppose) it might be cool to list things you may have found while exploring v4 that may not be documented and that don't appear to be in v3, so we can all know. I'll start.

=============================

Drag and Drop

For no particular reason I dragged a music event (midi clip) from the timeline to Impact and Sample One and they both rendered and loaded. My first thought was (obviously) ... "Hmmm... did it always do that??" … so I loaded v3 and tried it and it didn't.

In v4 it will render and then load the entire event or any part of it, like if you dragged a range selection of a midi event to an Impact pad. There may be some good use cases for that for building libraries. It works the same in the XT Editor as well.

It's doesn't appear to mention that in the manual for music / midi clips that I can find yet, only for audio events...
by garyshepherd on Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am
Drum Note Names

I noticed in V4 that when editing a drum part and changing the drum note names for a different Toontrack kit, there is a dropdown in the edit window for drum note names which lests you choose the different saved name sets from there.

I could be wrong but I thought in V3 I had to browse the files and drag and drop the note names onto that actual track. This current method in V4 seems so much easier - however I may have missed this in V3 as this did not seem to be an option.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Funkybot on Sat May 26, 2018 10:50 am
This was probably in version 3 but I never noticed it: a little keyboard+mouse shortcut I stumbled upon (I think it was mentioned in the v4 threat at Gearslutz):

Ctrl+Click and Drag to Nowhere Removes Effects from Bins

I always hated having to click the insert effect, then select "Remove" from the dropdown. But if you hold Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) then just click and drag that insert into empty space (just don't do it in the console or you'll create an FX track), it removes it from the effect bin.

This little wrist motion is much faster.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by garyanderson5 on Sat May 26, 2018 11:29 am
Lawrence wroteGiven that - nobody - knows literally every single little thing about this app (except for the people in Hamburg I suppose) it might be cool to list things you may have found while exploring v4 that may not be documented and that don't appear to be in v3, so we can all know. I'll start.

=============================

Drag and Drop

For no particular reason I dragged a music event (midi clip) from the timeline to Impact and Sample One and they both rendered and loaded. My first thought was (obviously) ... "Hmmm... did it always do that??" … so I loaded v3 and tried it and it didn't.

In v4 it will render and then load the entire event or any part of it, like if you dragged a range selection of a midi event to an Impact pad. There may be some good use cases for that for building libraries. It works the same in the XT Editor as well.

It's doesn't appear to mention that in the manual for music / midi clips that I can find yet, only for audio events...

Nice catch :)

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by gottfriedbergmair on Sat May 26, 2018 11:47 am
Track- and/or Console Notes:
You can step through the different notes by using TAB or Shift + TAB

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6 Pro + Fat Channel XT Suite + Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM+ATOM SQ; Keylab mk2 49, Lewitt 441 Flex, Zoom H5, Mackie 402-VLZ4; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he Synths, TAL, Klanghelm, RX Std 10
by bassfx on Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 pm
Cool stuff, thanks for starting this thread!
by gottfriedbergmair on Sat May 26, 2018 3:47 pm
Maybe I'm crazy,
but I just typed in some text in the S1v4 help viewer, and I got this:

s1v4-text-completion-01.jpg

Is there a built-in text suggestion system in S1v4?
Or is this a win 10 feature?

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6 Pro + Fat Channel XT Suite + Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM+ATOM SQ; Keylab mk2 49, Lewitt 441 Flex, Zoom H5, Mackie 402-VLZ4; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he Synths, TAL, Klanghelm, RX Std 10
by webhamster on Sun May 27, 2018 9:50 am
Love this thread, great to learn the smaller, but great, changes.

In the editor there is now a 'synchronise editor to arrangement' option. It keeps the zoom of the arrange and edit window the same. Very handy.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by Skaperverket on Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 pm
Funkybot wroteThis was probably in version 3 but I never noticed it: a little keyboard+mouse shortcut I stumbled upon (I think it was mentioned in the v4 threat at Gearslutz):

Ctrl+Click and Drag to Nowhere Removes Effects from Bins

I always hated having to click the insert effect, then select "Remove" from the dropdown. But if you hold Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) then just click and drag that insert into empty space (just don't do it in the console or you'll create an FX track), it removes it from the effect bin.

This little wrist motion is much faster.

I didn't know about this. Great stuff! It apparently should work for aux sends as well, because control (command on Mac) and dragging the little send box into the empty black area brings up a small text indicating this, but it doesn't work. At least it doesn't work in S1 3.5.4 on my Mac laptop (on the road, so haven't tried it on the PC yet). Anybody else tried this?
by robertgray3 on Tue May 29, 2018 9:24 pm
In v4.0.0: If you have the Inspector open but the "Event FX" section is minimized, clicking to Enable Event FX on an event enlarges the section just enough to show the inserts section.

This is great. My screen isnt huge so every time I used event FX I'd have to enlarge that section after enabling it. Now v4.0.0 assumes you want to see the inserts section if you enable it :)

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by bassfx on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm
Just discovered that tempo maps are now more accurate! This is a great addition.

In v3, when you manually enter tempo values in the tempo map, it would round to two decimal places. This was very frustrating for film work because you couldn't have enough accuracy to hit a frame perfectly. It took a lot more finessing to make it work.

The actual tempo map supported up to 4 decimal places if you used the paint tool, but then if you needed to edit those values, it would round to two decimal places. Never made sense to me, and a real frustration.

However, now in v4, you can *manually* add tempo points with values that have up to 4 decimal places. That's a GREAT improvement!

However, one downside is that the indicators in v4 now round down to ONE decimal place, so you have to click on the tempo point and then you'll see all 4 decimal places. One big step forward, one half step back! But overall, an important improvement.

EDIT: Another tempo-map discovery is that they have slightly improved the overall usability of selecting and editing tempo values.
Last edited by bassfx on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by daniellesaux on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:20 am
In the new drum editor, it's now possible to rearrange the note/drumkit names. This allows you to group similar items together (e.g. group all the hi-hats, cymbals, toms, etc.). You can also assign different colors to each note. You need to be in the edit mode (i.e. little wrench icon) to access these options. This is awesome!

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by graytermedia on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:57 pm
This topic should be pinned...

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by snb1 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:25 pm
You are now able to scroll with your mouse in the area show in the picture to change the colors of your tracks. They took that feature out sometime in version 3. Now it's back.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 3.21.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 3.21.05 PM.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 8111 times

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by bassfx on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:30 pm
graytermedia wroteThis topic should be pinned...

tg

+1 yes
by donaldbaarns on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:57 pm
snb1 wroteYou are now able to scroll with your mouse in the area show in the picture to change the colors of your tracks. They took that feature out sometime in version 3. Now it's back.

Great catch. You could always do that in the v3 Mix Console (mouse roll on the track name at the bottom, it changes track colors.) Still works in v4, so now you it works in both places, plus in the Event context menu.

I did wonder why we couldn't do the wheel roll on the color strip on the track itself, I didn't even think to try it in v4. Now we can do it in all three color pickers.

(I also like that they rearranged the color pallet itself. Makes far more sense in the new layout.)

A great thread.

S1 v4 Color Changes Mouse wheel Small.png

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by snb1 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 pm
I know I mentioned this in another thread but it's probably best suited here. But you are now able to add the splitter and have it affect the sound without adding a plugin first. Try adding the splitter to a track that doesn't have any plugins on it, change the split mode to Frequency Split and mute one of the outputs. You wasn't able to do this is version 3. Cheers

Attachments
Jun-04-2018 15-48-09.gif

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by snb1 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:57 am
In Studio One V4, changing the pitch names inside the piano roll under drum mode doesn't change the actual names of the piano keys anymore like in the previous versions, only for the drum editor. For example in Studio One V3, I was able to change all the sharp (#) keys to their enharmonic equivalent flat (b) keys. I'm not able to do that anymore in Studio One V4.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 7.22.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 7.22.00 PM.png (9.14 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 7.20.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 7.20.32 PM.png (11.62 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
Last edited by snb1 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkipNo Beet
by robertgray3 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:23 am
donaldbaarns wrote
S1 v4 Color Changes Mouse wheel Small.png

That feature is fun sometimes but has anyone “stumbled on” a way to scroll through the Console with the scroll wheel very quickly now? The place is a mine field of scroll wheel actions. I have to position my mouse cursor precisely in one of three little horizontal windows if I want to scroll without changing all my track colors, fader volumes, insert settings etc

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by snb1 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 pm
Post deleted by user
Last edited by snb1 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

SkipNo Beet

47 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3