47 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
An oldie but one of my favorites:

You can tap in a tempo by tapping on the word 'Tempo' in the transport control pane, bottom of the screen.
by wallygontowski on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:02 pm
darrenporter1 wroteDOH! yeah in my excitement I mis-typed that... '''

Not as bad as my mis-type.

"This is a hug one for me too"

People would start to talk... :shock:

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music
by patricemazmanian on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:47 pm
SwitchBack wroteAn oldie but one of my favorites:

You can tap in a tempo by tapping on the word 'Tempo' in the transport control pane, bottom of the screen.

you can also give him a shortcut (Key Commands) ....

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by wallygontowski on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am
Here's one I "stumbled on" reading the new SO4 manual, but it was kind of tucked away at the bottom of the page.

Pressing and holding CTRL and toggling TAB switches between any open Songs, Projects and the Start Screen. Comes in handy for me.

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music
by ionian on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:04 pm
If you're rendering tracks, make sure to globally turn off all effects using the global on / off button. If the track you're rendering has effects, you can turn those on individually in the mixer channel for that track before you render it. Your rendering time will speed up by 3x at the very least.

If you want to rename your events for the track name, when you type the name of the track make sure to hit shift + enter instead of just enter. Then Studio One will name BOTH the track and the events. If you already have the track named but your events are a mess, which happens when you're cutting and pasting and dragging events from all over to different tracks and you want your events to have the track name instead, you can just double click on the track name so that it highlights the track name (as if waiting for you to type the new name) but just hit shift + enter and it'll rename the events to the track name. It makes it quick to rename events to the current track just by clicking on the name of the track and hitting shift + enter and working your way down the tracks.

If you use Kontakt in Studio One, make sure to turn on the Multi-core support in the Kontakt settings! If you check the warnings in Kontakt, it says to not turn it on if your DAW uses Multi cores because it'll cause conflictions. Because I used Sonar which was excellent with multi-cores I used to leave it off.

When I switched to Studio One, I had a lot of problems using even mid-level kontakt libraries in Studio One without the meter pegging in the red on even a moderate number of notes. When I figured out that Studio One doesn't utilize multi-cores, I switched on the multi-core support in Kontakt, set it for the number of cores I have, and then Kontakt's usage dropped a huge amount and then I didn't have issues using libraries in Studio One.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 pm
edit.

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:32 pm
Ok, the last one isn't so great but the free VU meter is terrific. Someone did a little YT video on it and what settings to use for gain staging and it really worked. Some of my presets for guitar would clip sometimes and for some reason this clicked as how to reset the gain vs. the chain.

It's free, if you don't have it go get it.

This isn't the one I saw but it's still a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyl6hvmfPdE

Bye......:roll:

47 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3