23 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
No solution on Windows 11.

Strangely, I have a lot of CPU spikes only when use Impact XT, Presence or Mai Tai!!. Can run a big project with a lot of VSTs like Falcon, Omnisphere, Massive X, and Softube Synths, with multiples tracks and all run flawlessly at 128 block buffer size, but if I add Impact XT... BOOOM!! all spikes appear without any solution! Force me to use NI Battery or Steinberg Groove Agent!

What happens loved Presonus engineers?

Hope a fast solution.

Thanks.

i9 12900K
32 Mb ram
RTX2060
NV2 on all
by markusvogl on Thu May 25, 2023 11:11 pm
alejandrosuazo wroteNo solution on Windows 11.

Strangely, I have a lot of CPU spikes only when use Impact XT, Presence or Mai Tai!!. Can run a big project with a lot of VSTs like Falcon, Omnisphere, Massive X, and Softube Synths, with multiples tracks and all run flawlessly at 128 block buffer size, but if I add Impact XT... BOOOM!! all spikes appear without any solution! Force me to use NI Battery or Steinberg Groove Agent!

What happens loved Presonus engineers?

Hope a fast solution.

Thanks.

i9 12900K
32 Mb ram
RTX2060
NV2 on all

Hi, check this out. For me it works..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFz8HRk4WfI

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2
by PreAl on Fri May 26, 2023 8:38 am
Pretty old thread.

Spikes?

Check (from memory)...
Remove ASIO4ALL if installed.
Download and use Latencymon (a must!)
Overclocking settings in BIOS such as hyperthreading and speedstep - turn it off.
C States.
Turn off power savings facilities (as a last resort) including for you individual USB devices in device manager.
Update you drivers, BIOS and firmware everywhere.
Turn off stuff you don't use in the BIOS. e.g. if you have a second network adapter you aren't using, turn it off. Not using your internal audio interface or graphics card, turn it off. Got some useless flashing motherboard LEDs to make it look pretty? Turn it off.
Disable WIFI, use ethernet. If you have to use Wifi disable it during recording. Update the drivers!
Optimize your virus scanners to ignore studio one processes and paths.
Uninstall any drivers and apps you aren't using. Keep windows clean, don't install Grand Theft Auto.
Turn off any windows services you don't need
Check you startup settings, disable anything you don't need.
Yes, disable fast startup.
Download and use Process Explorer.
DO NOT change "best performance" to "background services" under "processor scheduling", keep it at "programs". This isn't the year 2001, you are (or should be) running ASIO drivers. Regardless, unless you are running Windows NT don't do this.

The first core still being overloaded after everything you have done? Perhaps you've got a Dell laptop like I have that has a crappy drivers hogging the first core, and whatever you do, you can't fix it, but you need it. You can tell Windows to start studio one and not use the first core. Google for details.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

23 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2