18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Now that 4 is out, will Presonus continue to address issues with 3? If so, for how long?

I think I will probably upgrade to 4 before too long, but it's often prudent to wait a little while ('until the dust settles') following a major new release.

TIA :D
by wdkbeats on Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 am
Now that V4 is out it is safe to bet that v3 support is done.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by Skip Jones on Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 am
V3 support will continue. If you have an issue, open up a support ticket and PreSonus will respond.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by PreAl on Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 am
Where can I download the latest PDF manual that is 100% fully up to date covering all the updates?

Otherwise the question changes from "where" to "when".

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Skip Jones on Wed May 23, 2018 10:26 am
Currently there is no PDF, just the online manual.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by PreAl on Wed May 23, 2018 10:39 am
Skip Jones wroteCurrently there is no PDF, just the online manual.

Not true, the manuals are in the downloadable areas, this link may work, click on owner's manuals.
https://my.presonus.com/products/software/6251189

And it appears they are 26 months old :roll:

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Bbd on Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 am
The question was where can we download the "lastest" manual.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 am
Bbd wroteThe question was where can we download the "lastest" manual.

Sorry that wasn't the exact question, as below. Thanks.

PreAl wroteWhere can I download the latest PDF manual that is 100% fully up to date covering all the updates?

Otherwise the question changes from "where" to "when".

by lawrencefarr on Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm
Your question assumes that there is a full PDF manual for v4, which is apparently not the case. If there was it would be in the Downloads section linked below with the other PDF's or in your user account in the Extra Downloads > User Manuals section.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/downloads

If there was one this article would link to it. https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -4-Manual-

Studio One Technical Support | QA
------------------------------------------------
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy
by PreAl on Wed May 23, 2018 12:11 pm
PreSonuSupt4 wroteYour question assumes that there is a full PDF manual for v4, which is apparently not the case. If there was it would be in the Downloads section linked below with the other PDF's or in your user account in the Extra Downloads > User Manuals section.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/downloads

When (or if) you ever see it in your user account for download would be the only accurate answer we can give, if there is to be one at some point.

Your assumption, the thread is about version three. Let me clarify then.

Where can I download the latest PDF manual for Version 3 that is 100% fully up to date covering all the V3 updates?

Otherwise the question changes from "where" to "when". As the last PDF was updated 26 months ago it's very likely to be "when".

by lawrencefarr on Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 pm
If it's not in your user account to download (an updated pdf) it doesn't exist and given that we're on version 4 now there is no information I'm aware of to relay to you as relates to whether it even will or not, if it already doesn't currently cover all of the features you need to know about in version 3.

I suppose you can ask on Answers if that answer isn't sufficient.

Studio One Technical Support | QA
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy
by PreAl on Wed May 23, 2018 12:52 pm
I guess I'm barking out to Presonus here to give us an updated PDF of the manual for version 3. Yes I know probably futile.

As a customer I regard it as a support expectation (hence I'm posting on this thread). Documentation should always be up to date.

I have tried contacting support before about this and they've just shrugged their shoulders and passed the buck to /dev/null.

Now S1 is on version 4 it's absolutely imperative that they release that updated PDF for version 3.

by Tom B on Wed May 23, 2018 4:39 pm
stonberg wroteHi all

Now that 4 is out, will Presonus continue to address issues with 3? If so, for how long?

I think I will probably upgrade to 4 before too long, but it's often prudent to wait a little while ('until the dust settles') following a major new release.

I wondered about this too. I saw Skip's answer about V3 support using support tickets. However, I wonder if there will be occasional V3 code releases (i.e. bug fixes, etc.)?

I'm also planning a path to V4, but probably not immediately.

-Tom

Studio One Pro 6.0.1, Win10 Pro, StudioCat i7-12700K, 64GB, GTX1050, RME UFX (Firewire), UAD-2 & Native, Waves, Toontrack, Melodyne Studio
by robertgray3 on Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 pm
Tom B wrote
stonberg wroteHi all

I wondered about this too. I saw Skip's answer about V3 support using support tickets. However, I wonder if there will be occasional V3 code releases (i.e. bug fixes, etc.)?

I'm also planning a path to V4, but probably not immediately.

Yeah I'm curious about their plans for this since it's the only version of S1 that runs on my extra 32-bit machine. It's not a huge deal but there are some bugs with the Scratch Pad and Arrangertrack that I run into on a daily/weekly basis. I guess I may have to forego some of the newer improvements and find the last version of 3.5 without those issues.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by roland1 on Wed May 23, 2018 5:44 pm
re; PreAI's question:

The v3 PDF manual was an afterthought by Presonus - it was originally created by forum members, if I recall, because many of us wanted a more convenient, portable, and more searchable manual than the extension version offered by the S1 program.

Presonus later created its own PDF manual, again, as an afterthought. But it has languished because it was not their idea, or intent, and there is likely no one assigned to update it.

I believe the "latest" pdf file is dated December, 2015 (?), which means that it is missing a lot of vital information about major v3 updates.

But again, it was not Presonus's idea to create that PDF, otherwise v3.0 would have shipped with one. It's too bad, because I prefer a PDF file to that affixed document that we have now.

Some free online videos offer explanations about v3 feature updates, etc.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by donaldfincher on Thu May 24, 2018 12:20 am
Judging by Presonus' updates of previous version of S1, it seems that when S1 v2 and S1 v3 were released, there were no more updates of the previous version. So it stands to reason that S1 v3 will *not* be getting anymore bug fixes. Having become a S1 user *3 months* ago, I'm not happy about this...

Win 10 64-bit, 4 Core i7 @ 2.80GHz: 16Gb DDR4 SDRAM, Audiobox USB, Studio One 3.5 Pro 64-Bit (purchased Feb 18, 2018, 1 month before the grace period...)
StudioLogic numa compact 2 keyboard, Nektar sustain pedal.
by Lawrence on Thu May 24, 2018 6:38 am
Please keep in mind that this forum is "community support" and that while some of the mods like Jeff or Matt may - occasionally - seek out official answers for certain things on a case by case basis, most of these types of "what will happen in the future?" questions are (quite literally) not going to be answered here.

Your best bet for those types of questions is the Answers website where there may be higher probability of getting an official answer.
by roland1 on Thu May 24, 2018 6:51 am
donaldfincher wroteJudging by Presonus' updates of previous version of S1, it seems that when S1 v2 and S1 v3 were released, there were no more updates of the previous version. So it stands to reason that S1 v3 will *not* be getting anymore bug fixes. Having become a S1 user *3 months* ago, I'm not happy about this...

Having decided not to upgrade to 4.0 - at least not until Celemony updates - I am also concerned about the bug fixing cycle. I am using v3.54 because I experienced issues with 3.56 concerning layers, so I can't even use the latest 3.xx version without worry.

I was definitely not expecting v4.0 to drop at this time when there are still unresolved issues with the older version. It also suggests that what they got wrong in v3 might wind up in the DNA of this next release.

Just a thought.

I do like Studio One. As a long-time professional musician/songwriter, S1 seemed to be firmly on my side during its earlier days. Now, it feels like our relationship is waning. I think she's seeing another guy...a DJ, I think. :D

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

18 posts
Page 1 of 1