203 postsPage 1 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11
After the issues with the invalid license file, finally got Studio One 4 Pro to register, but after installing updates every time I open SO4 it just hangs on VST scan, then computer become unresponsive. Have to use reset button to restart computer. Have uninstalled, reinstalled etc, but just keeps hanging. V3 running as normal, but had to re-register that in my account to get it to show up to activate it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by Funkybot on Tue May 22, 2018 6:18 pm
What plug-in is it stuck at? Watch it and try and find out. You may need to uninstall something temporarily. Also, make sure a plug-in isn't throwing up a dialog box like expired ilok demos do. If so, you need to click ok or continue or whatever for things to proceed.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by gregmontano on Tue May 22, 2018 8:00 pm
Same thing here. I have a crazy 1772 plugins in my VST folder and on startup v4 hangs on every one, eventually saying "failed to scan ...."

Windows 10 64 bit, Core-i7 6800K, 64 GB Ram, RME UFX, UAD Octo, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
by T1LTPR0BL3M on Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Same problem here. So frustrating...

Otherwise S1 V4 rocks :punk: :punk: :punk:
by markrobotham on Wed May 23, 2018 2:06 am
Funkybot wroteWhat plug-in is it stuck at? Watch it and try and find out. You may need to uninstall something temporarily. Also, make sure a plug-in isn't throwing up a dialog box like expired ilok demos do. If so, you need to click ok or continue or whatever for things to proceed.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't show anything, just the text that its scanning VST. I can`t even grab a screen shot to show, as it just freezes.

The first time you install, everything runs, vst scans etc, as normal. It`s after you close the program then come to open it again.

I uninstalled everything, had to search C drive for all reference to "Studio One 4" delete it only then could I reinstalled, again everything went as it should, I thought great I've fixed it, but closed the program, reopened and stuck again, frustrating. Like I said V3 works fine and looking at some of the replies, I`m not the only one.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by deepho on Wed May 23, 2018 2:09 am
markrobotham wrote
Funkybot wroteWhat plug-in is it stuck at? Watch it and try and find out. You may need to uninstall something temporarily. Also, make sure a plug-in isn't throwing up a dialog box like expired ilok demos do. If so, you need to click ok or continue or whatever for things to proceed.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't show anything, just the text that its scanning VST. I can`t even grab a screen shot to show, as it just freezes.

The first time you install, everything runs, vst scans etc, as normal. It`s after you close the program then come to open it again.

I uninstalled everything, had to search C drive for all reference to "Studio One 4" delete it only then could I reinstalled, again everything went as it should, I thought great I've fixed it, but closed the program, reopened and stuck again, frustrating. Like I said V3 works fine and looking at some of the replies, I`m not the only one.

I have exactly the same issue! 1 to 1!
And i have made the same steps like you.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit / NVidia GeForce GT 640, RME AIO
by markrobotham on Wed May 23, 2018 2:16 am
I even contacted support, but they obviously don`t read as they sent me the same reply to the license issue!

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by markrobotham on Wed May 23, 2018 2:28 am
Manged to start OBS screen recorder going before opening Studio One. This is what happens...

https://youtu.be/BJt67MVNXls

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by talvin on Wed May 23, 2018 3:43 am
Same problem here.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by franckmariani on Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 am
Not good... I bought the update but it's scary. Can I use V3 and V4 on the same computer just in case V4 have problem?

Core i9 9900k - 32gb ram - windows 10 pro - studio one 4 - prism orpheus
by gregmontano on Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am
I also opened a ticket.

Windows 10 64 bit, Core-i7 6800K, 64 GB Ram, RME UFX, UAD Octo, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
by markrobotham on Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 am
Still haven't heard back. Itching to get to get stuck in, been watching Studio One 4 Advanced from Groove 3 and I`m pretty impressed with the new version, just at the moment I cant do anything till this issue is sorted as its it always stuck on the VST scan. Gonna be away from Friday too until early next week.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by WaterlooSunset on Wed May 23, 2018 12:11 pm
You could rename your VST dirs to get the out of the way and see if it loads. Does V4 ask about importing V3 settings? I doubt if V4 on its own put all the correct paths in, unless it took from V3 prefs files. No clue. Just guessing

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by deepho on Wed May 23, 2018 12:49 pm
WaterlooSunset wroteYou could rename your VST dirs to get the out of the way and see if it loads. Does V4 ask about importing V3 settings? I doubt if V4 on its own put all the correct paths in, unless it took from V3 prefs files. No clue. Just guessing

Thank you, but i guess it has nothing to do with the plugins. It freezes before it "read scripts". When it watches for plugins..not when it scan for plugins.
Because after the first start scan all plugins and all has works perfect.

Yes i'm still wait of a answer. Nothing till now. It seems that it need some time to solve this issue.
Last edited by deepho on Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit / NVidia GeForce GT 640, RME AIO
by talvin on Wed May 23, 2018 12:49 pm
I tried renaming folders and giving SO4 no plugin folders so that no external stuff is used. It doesn't solve the problem. The second time Studio One start it hangs again. It only helps to delete the settings file...SO3 is running fine though.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by markluljak on Wed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm
Mine went through the initial scan of 769 plugins, and finished with that bit. It then installed the additional software to which I was entitled.

Upon restarting, it's now stuck at "Scanning Plugins..." and is -not- bringing up the external scanner which did the initial scan of my plugins. I've killed it with Iarsn TaskInfo and restarted it, but it hangs at the same place. It's not actually using any appreciable (if any) amount of CPU at all, according to TaskInfo. Not even 0.01%. No activity at all. No reads, no writes, nothing. It's a ghost.

The rest of my computer is remaining responsive, however. Studio One v3 still works, looks like. It's just v4 which is fouled somehow. (You have to kill v4 to be able to start v3.)

EDIT: Just submitted a version of this as a ticket, altering only the first sentence to make it clear that it's S1 v4.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, i7 4960X @ 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, ASUS Rampage IV Black, 1TB Samsung Evo Pro 850 SSD, 6TB WD Black HDD x 2, Creative ZxR, EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified, 2160p resolution, Oxygen 61 and AKAI MPD-232 MIDI, ZEDi 10FX
by WaterlooSunset on Wed May 23, 2018 3:45 pm
At least it appear easy to replicate. Put your info in your signatures for the future. Run it as admin?

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by jpettit on Wed May 23, 2018 3:52 pm
markrobotham wroteAfter the issues with the invalid license file, finally got Studio One 4 Pro to register, but after installing updates every time I open SO4 it just hangs on VST scan, then computer become unresponsive. Have to use reset button to restart computer. Have uninstalled, reinstalled etc, but just keeps hanging. V3 running as normal, but had to re-register that in my account to get it to show up to activate it.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... g-ins-now-
Have you tried disabling the hanging plugin?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by markluljak on Wed May 23, 2018 4:24 pm
1) Running as admin yields no different behaviour.

2) It's no specific plugin which is hanging. All plugins were scanned on the initial launch. It's not even bringing up the plugin scanner on subsequent launches.

3) The plugin launcher log still has the contents of the initial successful scan, even though I've run S1 v4 at least seven times since. Likewise, the actual Studio One log itself is zero bytes, and remains as such no matter what I do. The plugin scanner shows the original scan completed successfully, so nothing broke inside that, as far as I can tell.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, i7 4960X @ 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, ASUS Rampage IV Black, 1TB Samsung Evo Pro 850 SSD, 6TB WD Black HDD x 2, Creative ZxR, EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified, 2160p resolution, Oxygen 61 and AKAI MPD-232 MIDI, ZEDi 10FX
by jpettit on Wed May 23, 2018 5:31 pm
markluljak wrote1) Running as admin yields no different behaviour.

2) It's no specific plugin which is hanging. All plugins were scanned on the initial launch. It's not even bringing up the plugin scanner on subsequent launches.

3) The plugin launcher log still has the contents of the initial successful scan, even though I've run S1 v4 at least seven times since. Likewise, the actual Studio One log itself is zero bytes, and remains as such no matter what I do. The plugin scanner shows the original scan completed successfully, so nothing broke inside that, as far as I can tell.

@markluljak and @markrobotham, do you guys have the same symptom?
Works once then does not work after that?
PlugInScanner.log: So you see no error message at the very end of this file?
Try deleting your PlugInScanner.log and blacklist file and take a screenshot when it hangs.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

203 postsPage 1 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11