203 postsPage 8 of 11
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
We won't really know until half a dozen who were having issues let us know it is fixed for them.

It also would be helpful to have the version of the Nvidia driver that worked, along with the release date.

I just noticed there's a newer GForce driver for Win7:

Version: 398.36 WHQL
Release Date: 2018.6.26

That may have solved the issue... No idea since I don't run Win7.

Hopefully the issue is in the past for all, but it would still be helpful to know the version of the drivers for those where it's working/not.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by talvin on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:29 pm
I installed the nvidia driver you named, that is Version: 398.36 WHQL.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by stevehunt4 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm
I've just checked.. first i installed the latest nvidia driver (398.36) and then ran studio one v4 .. same problem .
I rebooted and then installed the studio one update (4.0.1) .. same problem
I then rolled back the nvidia drivers to previous state (388.59)
no problem.
Conclusion: The Win7 Plugin scan crash problem has NOT been fixed with this update.
Let's hope they fix it soon
Thankfully I run 2 machines, main machine is Win10 so no problems there.

Studio One 4 (latest)
i7 3700k - Win7 - Motu Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid
i7 7700k - Win10 - Quantum
Banging it Hard to save the world (or at least my sanity)
:rtfm:
by donaldbaarns on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 pm
Well, interesting that one Win7 machine with 398.36 is working, and the other it's not.
That makes it even more complicated.

Hopefully we'll get some additional data points from others previously having the issue. (Not me, I'm on Win10 so I can't test/verify anything.)

I know some had issues with anti-virus software, so maybe there is another interaction that is not obvious.

Could be something outside of anti-virus, but still interesting that one Win7/Nvidia user has it working now, who didn't before... In the early stages everybody who was using the latest Nvidia driver AND reported it had failed.

It may also be the case that some who did have the latest Win7/Nvidia drivers just loaded as expected. Those people are unlikely to report or may not have noticed the ones with a similar config were failing. Life in the software biz can be complicated.
Last edited by donaldbaarns on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don

Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by stevehunt4 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm
no antivirus software running here.

Studio One 4 (latest)
i7 3700k - Win7 - Motu Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid
i7 7700k - Win10 - Quantum
Banging it Hard to save the world (or at least my sanity)
:rtfm:
by tuzemec on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 pm
4.0.1 does not solve the issue for me (nvidia drivers 398.36)

It's interesting that I've just got response from the support team and...

Support is unable to comment on the Developers progress in regards to when they will release an update to address an issue

:-/

// Win10, RME 802, Faderport 1, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO, MSI 1070 Gaming X
// Catalina, RME Babyface Pro FS, MBP 15" 2019
by PreAl on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:19 pm
donaldbaarns wroteWell, interesting that one Win7 machine with 398.36 is working, and the other it's not.
That makes it even more complicated.

Another factor that was discussed earlier on is that windows 7 needs be fully up to date. Please make sure you run windows (Microsoft) update several times until there is nothing left to install.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:10 pm
There is nothing for then Presonus developers to fix.

In most cases it is a driver issue with a third party.
Sorry to say the real issue is most third party don’t see this as a priority on a 8 year old OS.

IMHO it may be time to upgrade your OS.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by deepho on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 pm
I've try with the latest NVidia Driver, but no luck.
The problem persists with the plugin scanner.

Yes i've updated Win7 completely.
Now i've rolled back to my "sure" working driver.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit / NVidia GeForce GT 640, RME AIO
by talvin on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 am
It's strange that for you it's not working.

I only updated the graphics driver and didn't install other drivers/programs such as 3d or Gforce Experience. Maybe that makes a difference...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by PreAl on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 am
Well again please can everybody run windows update (regardless) and please please please put you display adapter make and model in your signature (if you haven't done this already).

So far Win7 / and Nvidia 1070 with latest drivers may work.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by deepho on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 am
talvin wroteIt's strange that for you it's not working.

I only updated the graphics driver and didn't install other drivers/programs such as 3d or Gforce Experience. Maybe that makes a difference...

That's a good suggestion. Hmmm...
What i've do are two things:
1. I've updated the driver and
2. I've installed the whole driver fresh.

But even with all the things who's coming.

I will try to install today and without all the programs. We will see if it works in that way.

by PreAl on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:27 am
You only need the basic graphics driver for studio one. I would only install it via custom install.

I would suggest instead a full uninstall of the driver, then running this well known utility:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html

Then install the latest driver.

(Again windows update must be up to date).

by tuzemec on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 am
jpettit wroteThere is nothing for then Presonus developers to fix.

Sorry to say the real issue is most third party don’t see this as a priority on a 8 year old OS.

Not relevant since Win7 is still listed as a supported OS for Studio One.

BTW, I'm willing to bet a small amount that it's something related to the fancy progress bars in the plugin scan window. :)

// Win10, RME 802, Faderport 1, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO, MSI 1070 Gaming X
// Catalina, RME Babyface Pro FS, MBP 15" 2019
by PreAl on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 am
tuzemec wrote
jpettit wroteThere is nothing for then Presonus developers to fix.

Not relevant since Win7 is still listed as a supported OS for Studio One.

BTW, I'm willing to bet a small amount that it's something related to the fancy progress bars in the plugin scan window. :)

Presonus does not write Nvidia drivers. If it's the driver it's relevant (you need to talk to Nvidia).

Ok I'm gonna ask you directly this time. Would you mind updating your signature please to show display adapter make, model and OS and other specs. It makes things easier to follow and rule things out. It would be really helpful.

by deepho on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am
Ok i've do all the suggestions and wow how many time running away.

Conclusion: No way, no luck!
The problem persists.

I've rolling back and decide to let it be. I've accepted that at the moment S1-4 don't run with the latest driver and latest Win 7 update.

Thank you all
Best

by martin14 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm
After weeks of waiting for a maintenance patch, it finally arrives... and unbelievably the problem still isn't fixed!

Honestly -- there can't be that much going on during the VST scan part of the boot process that would have prevented Presonus developers -- whoever they are -- from making a few simple tweaks (especially to any graphics-related calls), and determining at exactly which call the system hangs.

These people are either incompetent, or they simply don't care.
I suspect the latter.
by jpettit on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Are you on Windows 7?
If so.
viewtopic.php?p=177973#p177973

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by martin14 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm
... so basically you admit that the developers don't give a ****
by donaldbaarns on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:39 pm
martin14 wrote... so basically you admit that the developers don't give a ****

Have you also reported it to Nvidia?

Another user here says it works on his 1070 & Win 7 (and didn't before).

It's possible the issue is on the driver side. It also works with the latest Nvidia Win10 driver...

Lots of moving parts.

Don

Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM