203 postsPage 4 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11
talvin wroteI also got a reply now which doesn't address the actual problem.

Not even a "thank you" for finding out about the driver problem. I spent a lot of my free time finding that solution. :roll:

In that moment finally i wanted to say many thanks to you. in my case it was indeed the grafic driver! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

THANK YOU 1000 times!!!

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit / NVidia GeForce GT 640, RME AIO
by markluljak on Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 pm
So are they going to address the problem or not? They better. As I said, rolling back the graphics driver is not an option here.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, i7 4960X @ 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, ASUS Rampage IV Black, 1TB Samsung Evo Pro 850 SSD, 6TB WD Black HDD x 2, Creative ZxR, EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified, 2160p resolution, Oxygen 61 and AKAI MPD-232 MIDI, ZEDi 10FX
by markrobotham on Thu May 24, 2018 12:44 pm
Well I did get another reply RE Graphic Drivers...

Hi Mark,

Thank you. We will keep that in mind as well.

So I guess they are aware of it now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by markluljak on Thu May 24, 2018 12:56 pm
I just discovered that my post to the ticket with the process monitor trace never made it onto the ticket. Just RARed it and resubmitted.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, i7 4960X @ 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, ASUS Rampage IV Black, 1TB Samsung Evo Pro 850 SSD, 6TB WD Black HDD x 2, Creative ZxR, EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified, 2160p resolution, Oxygen 61 and AKAI MPD-232 MIDI, ZEDi 10FX
by talvin on Thu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm
THANK YOU 1000 times!!!

You are welcome :D

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by jpettit on Thu May 24, 2018 2:21 pm
markrobotham wroteWell I did get another reply RE Graphic Drivers...

Hi Mark,

Thank you. We will keep that in mind as well.

So I guess they are aware of it now.

This is a Community forum.
Presonus does not visit here very often an only unofficially.
If someone can definitively describe the issue and fix f that issue I can pass it on to development.
Thanks

Update from Support:
http://answers.presonus.com/28563/why-a ... 564#a28564

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by markluljak on Fri May 25, 2018 3:04 pm
My support ticket has gotten no responses from PreSonus in two days, and I'm still stuck with a non-functional v4.

by WaterlooSunset on Fri May 25, 2018 4:17 pm
Roll back and see what happens. Then roll forward. You got got nothing to lose.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by markluljak on Fri May 25, 2018 5:45 pm
Okay, I've run with the information from the person here:

viewtopic.php?p=173092#p173092

I have just tested a slew of NVidia drivers, all against my EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified Edition. Here is a summary of the findings:

388.31 - Works
388.43 - Works
388.59 - Works
388.71 - Works
390.65 - Broken
390.77 - Broken
391.01 - Broken
391.24 - Broken
397.93 - Broken (released 5/24/18)

I can confirm that it's actually related to the 39x.xx series of GeForce drivers. This list was more comprehensive, and I felt it was worth the time to test to see exactly when things changed in a fashion PreSonus needs to accommodate. In all cases, the behaviour when it works is a successful run of the program and an ability to use it, and the behaviour when it's broken is a silent hang at "Scanning Plug-Ins...", with Process Monitor reporting absolutely no events after speaking with amazonaws servers successfully. Past that, it does nothing when running against a 39x.xx series driver.

It is -not- feasible to keep the video driver outdated simply for the sake of one application which is not coded to work properly. I have dozens of appliications which all want/need the latest driver at any given time, and which are optimised for the latest. I can't hold my system back for Studio One. I have re-upgraded to the latest GeForce driver at this time, and need to wait for Studio One to be fixed.

PreSonus, please fix this ASAP. It's simply unacceptable.

by PreAl on Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 pm
markluljak wroteOkay, I've run with the information from the person here:

I have just tested a slew of NVidia drivers, all against my EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified Edition. Here is a summary of the findings:

388.31 - Works
388.43 - Works
388.59 - Works
388.71 - Works
390.65 - Broken
390.77 - Broken
391.01 - Broken
391.24 - Broken

I can confirm that it's actually related to the 39x.xx series of GeForce drivers. This list was more comprehensive, and I felt it was worth the time to test to see exactly when things changed in a fashion PreSonus needs to accommodate. In all cases, the behaviour when it works is a successful run of the program and an ability to use it, and the behaviour when it's broken is a silent hang at "Scanning Plug-Ins...", with Process Monitor reporting absolutely no events after speaking with amazonaws servers successfully. Past that, it does nothing when running against a 39x.xx series driver.

It is -not- feasible to keep the video driver outdated simply for the sake of one application which is not coded to work properly. I have dozens of appliications which all want/need the latest driver at any given time, and which are optimised for the latest. I can't hold my system back for Studio One. I have re-upgraded to the latest GeForce driver at this time, and need to wait for Studio One to be fixed.

I think you need to cut them some slack here, this looks like quite an unusual problem, and there is a very good workaround for the moment. It could even be an nvidia issue for all we know (we just don't know yet).

I'm running a GeForce 1070, with version 397.93 (the very latest driver) on Windows 10 running Studio One V4. Absolutely no issues at all. We've got another Windows 10 user running a NVidia Geforce 1050 without issue as well.

The guys with problems who have signatures present all have Windows 7 in common. They are also running an NVidia GeForce 650 and an EVGA GTX 980.

Kev4, Talvin, deepho - Again can you please update your signatures with your OS version and display adaptor make and model at the very least (and anybody else posting here who may have it working or not). This will help us nail down the issue further, we need to see what you have in common - right now it seems to be Win7 and the latest nVidia drivers.

Windows 7 users - please absolutely make sure your Windows update is fully up to date - latest service pack and everything... even the option updates - run it several times.
Last edited by PreAl on Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 pm
markluljak wroteOkay, I've run with the information from the person here:

388.31 - Works
388.43 - Works
388.59 - Works
388.71 - Works
390.65 - Broken
390.77 - Broken
391.01 - Broken
391.24 - Broken

Thanks
What screen resolution?
The seems to be narrowing in on resolutions.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by kev4 on Fri May 25, 2018 11:09 pm
I'm running windows 7 pro (fully updated) and geforce GTX 1050

https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Studio one 4 on Windows 10 Yamaha N8.
by markluljak on Fri May 25, 2018 11:24 pm
My Windows 7 -is- fully updated.

Resolution: 2160p (4k)

I also have output dynamic range to full for HDR, but it's just as broken in Limited mode. vsync enabled, 60Hz.

by kev4 on Sat May 26, 2018 3:54 am
This is fascinating....does this mean that Presonus released 4 without testing it with the latest Nvidia graphics card and driver? is that really possible?
If I'd paid money for this I'd be pulling my hair out in a mad rage :lol: :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Studio one 4 on Windows 10 Yamaha N8.
by talvin on Sat May 26, 2018 4:09 am
I'm also on Windows 7 (Ultimate 64 bit) and I have a Nvidia 1070 graphics card.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, NVidia 1070, Presonus Studio One 4
by kev4 on Sat May 26, 2018 4:33 am
talvin wroteI'm also on Windows 7 (Ultimate 64 bit) and I have a Nvidia 1070 graphics card.

I'm not prepared to reconfigure my computer to make faulty software work my friend..mainly because I aint clever enough :lol: :lol:
when they fix it I'll buy it..looking forward to not using Cubase anymore...

cheers, :) :)

by PreAl on Sat May 26, 2018 4:55 am
talvin wroteI'm also on Windows 7 (Ultimate 64 bit) and I have a Nvidia 1070 graphics card.

I have the same but I'm on Windows 10 and it's working.

kev4 wroteThis is fascinating....does this mean that Presonus released 4 without testing it with the latest Nvidia graphics card and driver? is that really possible?

It looks like Nvidia/latest drivers and windows 7 combination right now, that situation could change but everybody is reporting this under Windows 7 so far.

I don't expect Presonus will be testing every graphics card on every OS. Most software developers/QA testers would not have any time for that. Also most devs use the latest OS, so it stands to reason most testing will be done on that OS.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by deepho on Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 am
PreAl wroteI think you need to cut them some slack here, this looks like quite an unusual problem, and there is a very good workaround for the moment. It could even be an nvidia issue for all we know (we just don't know yet).

I'm running a GeForce 1070, with version 397.93 (the very latest driver) on Windows 10 running Studio One V4. Absolutely no issues at all. We've got another Windows 10 user running a NVidia Geforce 1050 without issue as well.

The guys with problems who have signatures present all have Windows 7 in common. They are also running an NVidia GeForce 650 and an EVGA GTX 980.

Kev4, Talvin, deepho - Again can you please update your signatures with your OS version and display adaptor make and model at the very least (and anybody else posting here who may have it working or not). This will help us nail down the issue further, we need to see what you have in common - right now it seems to be Win7 and the latest nVidia drivers.

Windows 7 users - please absolutely make sure your Windows update is fully up to date - latest service pack and everything... even the option updates - run it several times.

And for the list now a NVidia GeForce 640 GT
Windows 7 with the latest update etc. I was also with the latest GFroce Driver but because of these driver problem with S4, i've rolling back.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit / NVidia GeForce GT 640, RME AIO
by markluljak on Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 am
PreAl wrote

I have the same but I'm on Windows 10 and it's working.

kev4 wroteThis is fascinating....does this mean that Presonus released 4 without testing it with the latest Nvidia graphics card and driver? is that really possible?

It looks like Nvidia/latest drivers and windows 7 combination right now, that situation could change but everybody is reporting this under Windows 7 so far.

I don't expect Presonus will be testing every graphics card on every OS. Most software developers/QA testers would not have any time for that. Also most devs use the latest OS, so it stands to reason most testing will be done on that OS.

If it's a supported OS, it should have been tested, full stop.

EDIT: I would add that they should have tested it in the state they expect -us- to run things, which is fully updated, including the video drivers. This was completely avoidable.

by PreAl on Sat May 26, 2018 10:39 am
markluljak wroteIf it's a supported OS, it should have been tested, full stop.

EDIT: I would add that they should have tested it in the state they expect -us- to run things, which is fully updated, including the video drivers. This was completely avoidable.

Let us agree to disagree then, in the real world it is unreasonable to test every driver for every operating system for every display adaptor. It would take months. Dev and testing departments are far smaller than you think.

Also at the moment you can't actually point the finger towards Presonus yet, it could easily be NVidias fault as the latest Win7 drivers are the only one's that are effected (or it may not be, before anybody counters my point is there is no proof therefore you can't jump to conclusions).

Regardless you have two easy options:
1) Roll back display adapter.
2) Use Studio One Version 3 (restore your projects from backup if necessary).

Seems like (1) is the easiest option to me.

BTW it's for this very reason I don't adopt new software in my environment for 3-12 months, these scenarios are not unheard of by any means. Right now I'm just testing Studio One V4, and I'm using V3 for anything critical. I also make sure I am running the latest operating systems available to me as I know they are most likely to be fully tested (although I give it 12 months before I do any OS upgrade). Ultimately Windows 7 is on the way out and you are probably going to get a rougher ride over the next few years,

203 postsPage 4 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11