526 postsPage 19 of 27
1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27
With StudioOne V4 my CS18AI suddenly doesn't work anymore. Any idea?
Tried everything with the adapter like in V3 when CS18AI sometimes (seldom) did not work but here I have no chance to get it running again.
by jonwright on Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 am
bengtfalke wroteI have Studio One pro and have been using it since version 2. I run it on a Macbook Pro with just one external screen and the Macbook itself closed. I have this strange screen behaviour that I am uncertain if it is my setup or how it always behaves? When I start Studio One it is not covering the whole screen on my Mac and I have to maximise it manually. Every time I hit ESC it goes back to a little bit smaller than the full screen and that is so annoying that I often just go to any of my other DAW:s. Is it my setup or is it the normal behaviour? Any hints how to fix that?
I downloaded the demo for version 4 today hoping that this would be fixed... ;o(

You should have two versions of full screen on a Mac.

Full Screen - Pressing the green button will set the application to use the entire screen, all other elements are removed.

Maximising - Holding down 'Alt' while pressing the green button will maximise the application window to the edges of the screen, to the menu bar and the dock.

- If you use the red button to close a window, the size and state of the window is not saved with the application. Use Apple Q or Quit in the menu bar, and the window state is saved the next time you open the app.
- Applications can't be set to use the'Full Screen' option as default, although I think there are some scripts that can bypass this.

I'm not sure how any of this is affect by a third party monitor.

----------

Studio One 5.1.1 - Mac OS X 10.15.7. iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 - 32GB RAM.
https://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com
by 2KA on Mon May 28, 2018 3:48 am
Not sure if the demo is buggy. But bouncing Impact XT delays the waveforms compared to Impact on S1 3. In S1 3 the bounce was sample accurate to the same file on an audio track. Seems to happen with other one-shot samplers too.

One or two samples doesn´t make a huge difference within S1 as an eco system. But it would make a lot of difference for drum replacing with 3rd party plugins .

Tried everything and couldn´t get a sample accurate bounce.
by bengtfalke on Mon May 28, 2018 8:30 am
Thank you Jonwright!:
Maximising - Holding down 'Alt' while pressing the green button will maximise the application window to the edges of the screen, to the menu bar and the dock.

That did the trick for me.... now I will upgrade!

Studio One Professional 3.0 - Mackie Onyx 820i FireWire via Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock - Presonus Faderport
Roland UM-One midi - Roland GR55 guitar to midi - Ableton Push - and a few hardware synths
MacBook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2013 - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - NVIDIA GT 650M 1024 - Mac OS X 10.10.1 (I also use Ableton Live, Logic Pro X)
by briandhughes on Mon May 28, 2018 10:57 am
I am having trouble with Studio One Pro 4 and Melodyne Studio which I have the latest editions of both.
When I go to edit in Melodyne the Dialog window does not open up enough to access the close box, minimize box and no matter what I do I cannot adjust it enough to uncover the boxes to even close it out. So far this is the only plugin doing this that I have used.
This works fine in SOP 3.5 by the way.

I am on a Windows 10 64 bit system 16gb. AMD Radeon HD 7500. I have not changed my graphic settings at all.

Thanks

Brian

Dell XPS8500 I5 3.1Ghz 64bit 16gb, Windows 10, Zoom R16, Presonus Audiobox Itwo, Faderport, Studio One Pro 4
by Bbd on Mon May 28, 2018 11:21 am
I also had that issue and did report it to Celemony.
I played with resolution settings as well.
It was not consistant.

Have you tried in a new song where you apply Melodyne?

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jonwright on Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 pm
bengtfalke wroteThank you Jonwright!:

That did the trick for me.... now I will upgrade!

Great! Glad it worked!

----------

Studio One 5.1.1 - Mac OS X 10.15.7. iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 - 32GB RAM.
https://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com
by normjohnson on Mon May 28, 2018 1:52 pm
I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but it is kind of annoying.

For my template project i use the following setup:
1 combined instrument with impact, EKS kick synthesizer, and the Kick 2 vst.

In the combined instrument I set the range on the two synths to come directly after my 16 notes in impact.

This way I can just make a drum beat in one window with samples as well as synthesized kicks.

Unfortunately it seems to switch between drum maps now and rearrange everything in the piano roll view when you add samples to impact or change the name of the pad.

SO the problem here for me is I can't name the keys that I use my kick vsts on because when I name a pad on impact it changes the drum map and locks you out from changing the values on the default drum map. It also moves the newly named key in the piano roll (from impact) to the top of the piano roll view and away from where I have set up my key range for the kick synthesizers. SO now i have kicks several octaves down from the top where all my of impact sample triggers are and need to jump back and forth while editing.

Does that make sense?
by robertgray3 on Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 pm
Can you show a before/after screenshot? Having difficulty following it unfortunateky

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by briandhughes on Mon May 28, 2018 3:30 pm
Bbd wroteI also had that issue and did report it to Celemony.
I played with resolution settings as well.
It was not consistant.

Have you tried in a new song where you apply Melodyne?

Thanks for the reply: I just tried it on a new song I did yesterday and it works fine. It seems if I pull up a song from version 3.5 is when it happens.

If I use melodyne in SOP 4 with a old song from 3.5 it seems I can drag out the window for a mile but never reaching the close box. Then it will finally just crash.

Hopefully they can duplicate it.

Brian

Dell XPS8500 I5 3.1Ghz 64bit 16gb, Windows 10, Zoom R16, Presonus Audiobox Itwo, Faderport, Studio One Pro 4
by zoothornrollo on Mon May 28, 2018 5:38 pm
jalcide wroteDownloaded the v4 demo and the new additions are nice.

I'll be sitting this one out, however. The new features overlap with those in my 3rd party plugin collection.

Any predictions on how long the 3.5.x version will be supported with maintenance updates?

I will say that stability does seem quite solid in 3.5.6.x., but with Windows 10's continual updating, who knows how long...

To be extra safe, since It's a dedicated DAW, I may just disable Windows updates for a while.

how are you disabling Windows updates?

Intel i7-7820x, 128gb RAM, 4tb m.2, GTX 1080ti
Windows 10 Pro
RME Babyface Pro
PreSonus Studio One Pro v5
Reaper, Fruityloops
by chrisprovine on Mon May 28, 2018 5:50 pm
frederichodshon1 wrote

I'll be sitting this one out, however. The new features overlap with those in my 3rd party plugin collection.

Any predictions on how long the 3.5.x version will be supported with maintenance updates?

I will say that stability does seem quite solid in 3.5.6.x., but with Windows 10's continual updating, who knows how long...

To be extra safe, since It's a dedicated DAW, I may just disable Windows updates for a while.

Please send a link to disabling the update!

Win 10 Home
Studio One 4.5.1
Komplete Kontrol S49
UR 22 mkII
by PreAl on Mon May 28, 2018 5:53 pm
frederichodshon1 wrote

You can delay Windows 10 updates if you are using Win 10 Pro.
I strongly recommend the current branch business (semi annual channel) which delays updates until they are fully tested over a long period of time, I never have any issues. It's a bad idea just to turn off updates unless you are never going to install any software of any sort ever again on your PC and disconnect the internet (and throw away the key).

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-ta ... -business/

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by DrummaMan on Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 pm
kitwatson wrote
jpettit wroteThe biggest culprit is companies that install their entire libraries hoping that you’ll buy them when you really only own a few.

Yeah, like UA! Ugh! Everyone should be moving to licence manager apps with granular download/install/activate for just the components you have actually purchased. Go ahead and shove thumbnails in my face within your license manager, but don't force me to locally house inactive and unusable components. That's just rude.

Sonar had it's Plugin Manager - which was BRILLIANT.
Besides the ease and ability of setting up custom plugin folders, it allowed you to "hide" un-authorized plugins, so you never saw them until YOU decided to add them to a list.

I bought SOP V4, but realizing that common features are still missing, I will not jump so quickly next time...!

Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by jpettit on Mon May 28, 2018 7:16 pm
DrummaMan wrote[
Sonar had it's Plugin Manager - which was BRILLIANT.
Besides the ease and ability of setting up custom plugin folders, it allowed you to "hide" un-authorized plugins, so you never saw them until YOU decided to add them to a list.

S1 has the same thing.
But the scanner does not honor your hide list.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by Mirek Mach on Mon May 28, 2018 8:33 pm
I use Studio One Pro from version 1.6. At that time, Studio One was newcomer on the DAW field and it already had some interesting features like excelent audio engine, very well made GUI and intuitive work. And, every time a new version was released, I upgraded immediately.

Now, when version 4 is released, I'm disappointed with the Studio One priorities and and I'm not sure if I even want to stay in Presonus stable. I know the grass isn't greener on the other side, but I already doubt some missing features and unresolved bugs will be addressed. Most important ones for me are:

1) Delayed audio in exported mp3 - audio in exported mp3 track is 25 ms delayed against original. This bug was confirmed by other users and reported to Presonus, but Presonus reply was something I didn't expect - they blamed third party developer (Lame codec in this case) and that there is nothing they can do. Funny thing is if I convert wav to mp3 in free music player Foobar2000 (which is using Lame codec too) and subsequently import this mp3 into Studio One then everything is perfect.

2) Missing Program Changes in exported MIDI - if I drag MIDI track from arranger window to browser then resulting midi file doesn't contain Program Changes. I made feature request for it but I don't even know why I should do it - feature request for saving data I recorded? Really? This is basic function of DAW, isn't?

(I apologize in advance for possible inappropriate expressions, but my English knowledge comes from reading on the internet.)

[HP G4 Z2 workstation] - Win 10 Pro, i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, 2x 500GB SSD + 2TB "classic", NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5GB, 2x 1920*1200px Eizo monitors;
Studio One Pro from v.1.6 (now 4.6.2), Melodyne Editor 4.2.4;
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB, FaderPort 2018.
by deejoe75 on Mon May 28, 2018 9:15 pm
Is there a reason why Studio one V4 and all other versions before it, can't detect audio transients from the beginning of the transient and instead detect it a few milliseconds late. What is the use of the analyse transient if its going to detect a wrong part of the transient and how that would help in quantizing an audio with a transient not detected properly.
Hope the developer can fix this issue. I thought it will be fixed in this version but still the same.
Like everytime I wanna quantize my drums I will need to remove all the transients lines that studio one detects and create my own right ones. That seems like double work!!!
by robertgray3 on Mon May 28, 2018 9:24 pm
deejoe75 wroteIs there a reason why Studio one V4 and all other versions before it, can't detect audio transients from the beginning of the transient and instead detect it a few milliseconds late. What is the use of the analyse transient if its going to detect a wrong part of the transient and how that would help in quantizing an audio with a transient not detected properly.
Hope the developer can fix this issue. I thought it will be fixed in this version but still the same.
Like everytime I wanna quantize my drums I will need to remove all the transients lines that studio one detects and create my own right ones. That seems like double work!!!

LOL we must be on the same page after that thread in the Facebook group. I started a thread for discussion on this, I'm sure somebody likes the current behavior but it is pretty problematic for long and busy percussive material.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30445

In the mean time, if you explore the "Slice" mode in the Action section of the Audio Bend menu you should be able to use that as a workaround for now.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by zoothornrollo on Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 pm
chrisprovine wrote
frederichodshon1 wrote

Please send a link to disabling the update!

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-upd ... pupdates10

Intel i7-7820x, 128gb RAM, 4tb m.2, GTX 1080ti
Windows 10 Pro
RME Babyface Pro
PreSonus Studio One Pro v5
Reaper, Fruityloops
by jpettit on Mon May 28, 2018 9:41 pm
robertgray3 wrote
deejoe75 wroteIs there a reason why Studio one V4 and all other versions before it, can't detect audio transients from the beginning of the transient and instead detect it a few milliseconds late. What is the use of the analyse transient if its going to detect a wrong part of the transient and how that would help in quantizing an audio with a transient not detected properly.

LOL we must be on the same page after that thread in the Facebook group. I started a thread for discussion on this, I'm sure somebody likes the current behavior but it is pretty problematic for long and busy percussive material.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30445

In the mean time, if you explore the "Slice" mode in the Action section of the Audio Bend menu you should be able to use that as a workaround for now.

Can you show a picture?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum

526 postsPage 19 of 27
1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27