526 postsPage 22 of 27
1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27
V4 86'd one of my fave hotkeys: ctrl+alt while closing the insert FX on a mixer strip (what used to be a small sideways triangle), which closed *all* insert strips for all mixer strips.

Why remove functionality, PreSonus!?!
by robertgray3 on Wed May 30, 2018 4:26 pm
chasnaylor wroteV4 86'd one of my fave hotkeys: ctrl+alt while closing the insert FX on a mixer strip (what used to be a small sideways triangle), which closed *all* insert strips for all mixer strips.

Why remove functionality, PreSonus!?!

Hm, clicking where the old icon was doesn't do anything (tooltip says Insers | Sends | Mix FX) but if you ALT click on the Expand panel it does what you're looking for, at least it does on Mac OS X 10.12.6 - have you tried clicking that new lower icon? Says "Expand" in the tool tip.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by chasnaylor on Wed May 30, 2018 5:45 pm
Well DRAT. You are correct. My apologies to PreSonus devs.

Thanks for the help, Mr Gray
by Trucky on Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 pm
joonhoahn wroteHey I really thought I should chime in here.

I currently have StudioOne 3 Professional and I plan to upgrade to StudioOne 4 Professional, and there's no version upgrades on the list of upgrades available. What gives?

The list you're referring to only includes "Updates"

Studio One 4 is an "Upgrade". It's available to purchase from the PreSonus store or 3rd party resellers.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by robertgray3 on Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 pm
chasnaylor wroteWell DRAT. You are correct. My apologies to PreSonus devs.

Thanks for the help, Mr Gray

Hey, no big deal. I thought it didn't work at first either! There isn't a change log or a set of more detailed release notes covering the little things like this, and the manual doesn't really mention it aside from saying that the new Expand button is for expanding the inserts rack :reading:

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by jpettit on Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 pm
Yep, Easter eggs have been there since day one.
Always look for them...

This is one that less than a handful of people on the planet have found

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Lasperanza on Thu May 31, 2018 2:13 am
I can vouch for the Melodyne issues (in Windows 10) when opening projects made in V3.5.x.... Grrr. Actually, it extends to edit instrument tracks too in my set up. Here's hoping they're addressed in an update. I'll continue all older projects in V3 until an update occurs.

Studio One 5.1 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB DDR4 @3600
Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat PCI-E, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by jpettit on Thu May 31, 2018 8:00 am
Speranza wroteI can vouch for the Melodyne issues (in Windows 10) when opening projects made in V3.5.x.... Grrr. Actually, it extends to edit instrument tracks too in my set up. Here's hoping they're addressed in an update. I'll continue all older projects in V3 until an update occurs.

There is a lot of vague talk about Melodyne issue.
If you have an issue please be very specific.
What screen resolution are you using?
What does “extends to edit instrument mean?
Pictures?
If you respond plese put it in the Melodyne thread.

They have found issue with Melodyne and 4K.

Just want o make sure there is not more that one issue.

Thanks.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by wonder6oy on Thu May 31, 2018 7:43 pm
jpettit wroteTher is a lot of vague talk about Melodyne issue.
If you have an issue please be very specific.
What screen resolution are you using?
What does “extends to edit instrument mean?
Pictures?
If you respond please put it in the Melodyne thread.

They have found issue with Melodyne and 4K.

Just want o make sure there is not more that one issue.

Thanks.

I used to run into this problem all the time in Pro Tools. It was tied to the Windows OS Scaling setting; I use mine at 125%, and that would cause this issue. Up until now, Studio One never exhibited it, but now it does. Weird that "docking" it fixes it.

system specs: Studio One 5.1.0, Windows 10 64bit, Intel I7 8700K
by williamgagnon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:43 pm
Not sure if this is where to post a bug, but here goes. Loading in Open Air on an FX channel, there are no presets at all. They all show up in S1 3.5 but nothing in version 4. Is this a bug or is there a way to get them to show up?
by espenaure on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:24 pm
Hi

Is it still not possible to save/store group of tracks (in the arranger windows) as a preset?
Say if you have 16 instrument tracks inside a folder named and routed to an instance of Kontakt.
When you store as instrument + fx preset and load the preset it will only load 1 instrument track in the arrange window, right? So the store preset function is only for the mixer channels and not for the tracks in the arranger?

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by Funkybot on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 pm
kaosikosmos wroteHi

Is it still not possible to save/store group of tracks (in the arranger windows) as a preset?
Say if you have 16 instrument tracks inside a folder named and routed to an instance of Kontakt.
When you store as instrument + fx preset and load the preset it will only load 1 instrument track in the arrange window, right? So the store preset function is only for the mixer channels and not for the tracks in the arranger?

The workaround here has been to put a dummy VST plugin on the inserts of the other Kontakt channels. So if you have Kontakt 1-16 setup, but an insert effect on all the channels then save as an Instrument+FX preset. When you reload that preset, all 16 channels will return. You'll probably still need to folder them and setup any busses/sends, but the bulk of the work is done for you already. This isn't a new feature either. Worked that way in version 3.

Now, what Version 4 should let you do (I haven't actually upgraded yet or used this in the demo) is save a dummy song with your Kontakt instrument setup, then use the new "Import Song Data" feature to load your previous setup into your new track.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by jpettit on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:39 pm
kaosikosmos wroteHi

Not sure why you are asking to do it this way now?

The New Import data method stores complex song templates.
I made one for several multitrack drums all within a folder and Fx buses fo room and snares,

See the knowledge base for how to set it up. but basically built your perfect all-time templates and save the song for the purpose of loading templates in a Templates director accessible via the Browser folder tab.

by robertgray3 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:25 pm
Well, not actual “Templates” in the Song Template sense. But you can use song files to store and recall tracks in that manner.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Templates-

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by jpettit on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:31 pm
No, they are Templates in the commonly used complex setups sense. ;-)
Thanks for the link.

by espenaure on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:04 pm
My point is that when you load an instrument preset with multiple midi channels. Only the mixer channels are being recalled and NOT the 16 instrument tracks in the arranger. Which means each time i want to use that instrument preset i have to manually add, route, rename and organize the 16 instrument tracks in the arranger. Which offcourse is a big pain in the bleep. And even ridiculous.
Its like loading half a preset. I regret upgrading already. The instrument tracks should be stored in the preset aswell as the mixer channels. Its like saving a word document with only 50% of the words. Ah well you can fill in the rest of the words yourself, doesnt take to long. It just makes no sense :thumbdown:
Last edited by espenaure on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by jpettit on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 pm
kaosikosmos wroteMy point is that when you load an instrument preset with multiple midi channels. Only the mixer channels are being recalled and NOT the 16 instrument tracks in the arranger. Which means each time i want to use that instrument preset i have to manually add, route, rename and organize the 16 instrument tracks in the arranger. Which offcourse is a big pain in the bleep. And even ridiculous.
Its like loading half a preset. I regret upgrading already. The arranger tracks should be stored in the preset aswell as the mixer channels. Its like saving a word document with only 50% of the words. Ah well you can fill in the rest of the words yourself, doesnt take to long. It just makes no sense :thumbdown:

Can you give and instrument like Impact and a preset example with steps to reproduce?

by robertgray3 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 pm
kaosikosmos wroteIts like loading half a preset. I regret upgrading already.

Have you tried using "Import Song Data" and the Browser for this task? The Knowledge Base bit on this is surprisingly useful. https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Templates-

I get where you're coming from, but it's just how it's currently designed. "Store preset" behaves like saving a patch from a synth, storing an "Instrument+FX Preset" is like saving a patch and your console settings, and the addition of "Import Song Data" used together with the Browser now comes closer to covering the case you're talking about where you bring in your arrange-view tracks and console channels all in one go.

Tons of us want improved patch/instrument storage, keep mentioning it and voting on it and I'm sure it will change and develop over time, but our current system is still very usable.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:19 am
robertgray3 wrote
kaosikosmos wroteIts like loading half a preset. I regret upgrading already.

Have you tried using "Import Song Data" and the Browser for this task? The Knowledge Base bit on this is surprisingly useful. https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Templates-

I get where you're coming from, but it's just how it's currently designed. "Store preset" behaves like saving a patch from a synth, storing an "Instrument+FX Preset" is like saving a patch and your console settings, and the addition of "Import Song Data" used together with the Browser now comes closer to covering the case you're talking about where you bring in your arrange-view tracks and console channels all in one go.

Tons of us want improved patch/instrument storage, keep mentioning it and voting on it and I'm sure it will change and develop over time, but our current system is still very usable.

It seems "Import Song Data" actually loads both mixer channels and tracks, which is a good thing.
This is how a preset should work also. So now i guess i can create a song with instrument presets only and use the "import song data" whenever i want to load an instrument preset which will include both tracks and channels. So its actually possible to bring in arrange view tracks and console channels in one go if using the import song data. But its time for S1 developers to understand what happens in the arrange-view tracks also should be part of an instrument preset. Because when you have 16 instrument tracks connected to the same instrument you would expect the 16 tracks to be stored in an instrument preset, imo.

by espenaure on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:29 am
jpettit wrote
kaosikosmos wroteMy point is that when you load an instrument preset with multiple midi channels. Only the mixer channels are being recalled and NOT the 16 instrument tracks in the arranger. Which means each time i want to use that instrument preset i have to manually add, route, rename and organize the 16 instrument tracks in the arranger. Which offcourse is a big pain in the bleep. And even ridiculous.
Its like loading half a preset. I regret upgrading already. The arranger tracks should be stored in the preset aswell as the mixer channels. Its like saving a word document with only 50% of the words. Ah well you can fill in the rest of the words yourself, doesnt take to long. It just makes no sense :thumbdown:

Can you give and instrument like Impact and a preset example with steps to reproduce?

No, i dont think i can because Impact are only using 1 midi channel.

526 postsPage 22 of 27
1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27