526 postsPage 16 of 27
1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27
jBranam wrotethat's cool... so i will go ahead and install as planned this evening :) thnx all cheers

Just generate a new license for version 4 on your acount so you can register it. Ohh and grab the version 4 manual in your acount to and install that :)

i will eventually phase out 3 as well so having both in for a while is a good idea till your 100% sure your ready to commit fully to version 4.
Last edited by garyanderson5 on Fri May 25, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by jih64 on Fri May 25, 2018 4:34 pm
Thanks and congrats to PreSonus and all involved for the new release :+1 , haven't really run into any issues for my usage, feels a bit snappier than SO3, which was snappy in it's own right, rock solid as ever, love the new 'look', it looks better, sharper to me, all in all no complaints here, not even the price, $150 ($126.99 actually) for nearly 3 years of updates ([i]if it goes the same way as SO3[/i]) is a bargain in my book, was paying nearly that a year for SONAR Platinum before Lifetime Updates (Which had a really short lifetime :shock: )

Been using Studio One exclusively since September 2015 and can't see that changing any time soon.
by jih64 on Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 pm
jpettit wrotePlease find linked a 10-page Chord Track Explained handbook. This unofficial guide augments the 4.0 manual with additional procedures for crafting your song ideas, further explanations and many power tips to get the most out of the first version of this very creative tool.

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=30324
Enjoy

Thank you very much for this, greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 4:44 pm
sidemouth wrote
jpettit wrote
sidemouth wrote1) Trashing the 3.5 license when you upgrade. WHY have they done this???? I'm doing a remix for a client and V4 is unusable at the minute,
I bought to try out and slowly transition but am now locked out of all my old mixes.

2) Melodyne is Hanging and crashing over and over, totally unuseable.
3) Melodyne is the wrong size within its screen window (latest version also)
4) Crashing on recording midi in cycle.
5) Random crashing on switching/highlighting a track in playback
6) Also, all of the original bugs which i accepted as work in progress but experience everyday are still there.

for instance:
6a)When i add an audio or Instrument Track the Project jumps to the bottom track in the timeline.
6b) When i record midi some of the notes are infinite length.
Automation tracks add random nodes when copying and pasting

First, have you submitted support tickets for all these issues?
1) Your 3.x has been restored.
Yep however due to time constraints i've now saved the Project in 4 :roll: :roll: ;)

2) Can you do this with a simple test song to demonstrate your issue? Otherwise, it could be a thousand things.
Its not a thousand things. Its a very specific thing. The New 4.0 version is not working with the latest version of Melodyne. v3.5 did work yesterday 4.0 doesn't today. its screwing up the editor window and then hanging the window followed by a crash

3) Screenshot please
https://postimg.cc/image/6o7rwp01j/
Followed by
https://postimg.cc/image/v4pxrf0uv/

4) Can you do this with a simple test song to demonstrate your issue? Otherwise, it could be a thousand things its a random crash that never happened with v3.5 can be clicking on a track, selecting an event, My guess is a memory leak that builds over time.

5) Can you do this with a simple test song to demonstrate your issue? Otherwise, it could be a thousand things. As above

Same for (6a and B) I can understand you are ultimately trying to help here, however you just come across as arrogant typing that statement over and over. I'm not Stupid, these problems are already well documented on the forum as demonstrated in the posts after this. I'm not a Beta tester, I could write a list of bugs in Studio one , most are simple quirks that i work around and don't mind because of the Features of this software over Logic and others like PT, I just thought the major ones would be ironed out by now.

I want to re-iterate here that i absolutely love Studio one I've used it every day since V2 first arrived. (Thank you Presonus!) My main complaint was about being locked out of v3.5 (which is now back in my account) I didn't know it was unintentional. I'm pleased there's a new version and i'm sure these problems will be solved in good time.

Also, need your Specs to help any further.

2 Mac pros, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 on Sierra.
3 Monitors, Arangement in 1, Mixer in 2, piano roll in 3,
One running SO
One running Vienna Ensemble pro 6
Focusrite Interface
I use these computers EVERY DAY.

Sorry that you are in such a predicament but when you help hundreds of people in a day in your spare time for free you have to be efficient.

The graphic issue of to large of scale is clear now especially since you are on a Mac.

Assuming you have a ticket for the Melodyne crashes you could try a reinstall with latest version of wait to hear from support.

Previous bugs that are still present are due to the fact that thay were never proven and sent to the developers.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sidemouth on Fri May 25, 2018 4:58 pm
jpettit wrote
Sorry that you are in such a predicament but when you help hundreds of people in a day in your spare time for free you have to be efficient.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help....

The graphic issue of to large of scale is clear now especially since you are on a Mac.
Ok. If it is clear, What is the reason then? Because I'm on a Mac ??

Assuming you have a ticket for the Melodyne crashes you could try a reinstall with latest version of wait to hear from support.
I am on the latest and did reinstall.

Previous bugs that are still present are due to the fact that thay were never proven and sent to the developers.
I guess this is a cheeky little dig for not submitting them myself. Thanks for that :lol:

by jBranam on Fri May 25, 2018 4:58 pm
right... only new stuff in v4. saves on old projects being updated... that's mainly why i am draggin' my feet on removing v3 as of yet cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by zoothornrollo on Fri May 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Sorry if this has been asked,

Does the 30 day demo start after ACTIVATION or from date of "purchase"?

Studio One 4 Demo
v4.0.0
Product Key

• Registered: May 23rd, 2018 • Transfer License • 0 of 5 Activations

Studio One 4 Demo
Version: 4.0.0
Purchased: May 23rd, 2018

Intel i7-7820x, 128gb RAM, 4tb m.2, GTX 1080ti
Windows 11
RME Babyface Pro
PreSonus Studio One Pro v6.6
Reaper, FL Studio
by Funkybot on Fri May 25, 2018 5:29 pm
This will likely end up as a feature request, but is there no "Pattern Transpose" function for the new Pattern Editor?

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 6:01 pm
Funkybot wroteThis will likely end up as a feature request, but is there no "Pattern Transpose" function for the new Pattern Editor?

Not sure what you mean but there are two modes of patterns (melodic and drums) melodic can follow the chord track but obviously not drums.

While you are thinking about it there is not Convert Pattern to Event command. ;)

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 6:09 pm
sidemouth wrote
jpettit wrote

Thank you for taking the time to try and help....

1) Ok. If it is clear, What is the reason then? Because I'm on a Mac ??

2) Assuming you have a ticket for the Melodyne crashes you could try a reinstall with latest version of wait to hear from support.
I am on the latest and did reinstall.

3) Previous bugs that are still present are due to the fact that they were never proven and sent to the developers.
I guess this is a cheeky little dig for not submitting them myself. Thanks for that :lol:

1) Now, I can describe what you meant. We are investigating scaling issues on Win.
This is the first I have heard of it on the Mac
2) Ok, that is not normal thus the request to simplify it down to a point where a song could be submitted to Support or the Mac Crash files are even better.
3) Not really I am too tired to be cheeky. ;) Just a general comment that when several people agree there is an issue often there is still work to prove it.

by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 6:11 pm
frederichodshon1 wroteSorry if this has been asked,

Does the 30 day demo start after ACTIVATION or from date of "purchase"?

Studio One 4 Demo
v4.0.0
Product Key

• Registered: May 23rd, 2018 • Transfer License • 0 of 5 Activations

Studio One 4 Demo
Version: 4.0.0
Purchased: May 23rd, 2018

Activation

by Funkybot on Fri May 25, 2018 6:29 pm
jpettit wrote
Funkybot wroteThis will likely end up as a feature request, but is there no "Pattern Transpose" function for the new Pattern Editor?

Not sure what you mean but there are two modes of patterns (melodic and drums) melodic can follow the chord track but obviously not drums.

While you are thinking about it there is not Convert Pattern to Event command. ;)

The Pattern Editor should have something equivalent to "Musical Functions -> Transpose." So if I'm writing a melodic pattern and want to try it in a different key, I can quickly transpose it up or down. It would also be great for making variations of the pattern in different keys without having to resort to the chord track.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by jpettit on Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 pm
OK thanks
#1 issue with melodic patterns for me is only one resolution so you can do arpeggiations patterns but not chord grooves like 1/4 chords 1/8 chord 1/8 chord.

by Funkybot on Fri May 25, 2018 7:01 pm
jpettit wroteOK thanks
#1 issue with melodic patterns for me is only one resolution so you can do arpeggiations patterns but not chord grooves like 1/4 chords 1/8 chord 1/8 chord.

If I'm understanding you correctly, yeah, I agree; a "Tie" functionality seems to be missing too. You should be able to "tie" steps to prior ones to create different note lengths. So if you wanted a quarter note but your pattern length was set to 16, you'd enter your note(s) on step 1, and tie steps 2, 3, and 4 to step 1.

That's just basic step sequencing.

by guitarism on Fri May 25, 2018 7:18 pm
guitarism wrote In the mean time, things like recording takes in loops is still unstable - I've lost so many good takes due to these bugs.

Just this morning I was recording takes in loops. It got to a state where even though I had done multiple takes - more than 10 - it kept only the first. Then I deleted the entire loop, it crashed. The recovered file was corrupted and I lost 2 hours of creative work I did this morning. If they don't fix bugs like this, all the new features in the world aren't going to make it worth "upgrading". :evil:

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by Funkybot on Fri May 25, 2018 7:24 pm
I just added an FR for Pattern Edit Transpose here:

http://answers.presonus.com/28724/patte ... -transpose

I've been using the demo of version 4 some more today and I really hate to say, I'm even more disappointed than I was during the announcement. I was hoping it would grow on me after actually using it, but the opposite is happening. Not only did this feel like a much smaller [paid] release compared to 2.6 to 3, the features they did add seem incomplete or at least, not fully realized. After using v4 for a few hours, I already have a laundry list of wishlist items and workflow enhancements for the Drum and Pattern modes (which are the two new features I'd use the most) that I feel should've been there upon release. I'm sure a lot of this stuff will get resolved in due time, but improving these features will further eat up development resources at the expense of other features that will sit on the back burner.

The entire version 3 lifecycle was a fantastic set of updates right from the gate and continuing through to 3.5. It wasn't perfect and didn't focus on everything I wanted, and sure, there were big features added I still don't use (Scratch Pad, Arranger Track) and even some major omissions to new features (like Arranger Track Playlists which would've made that feature much better). But v3 covered a lot of ground and most of what was added was done well. Version 4, by contrast, is off to a shaky start IMO. Smaller [new] feature set, narrower focus, and I feel like what was added is going to require a fair amount of polishing before these new features are working to their fullest potential.

by brettgoodkin on Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 pm
cpowell wroteHUGE MAJOR PROBLEM!

Unless of course I am just missing something...

In Version 4, I cannot copy and paste Automation.

Can someone please confirm or deny? This is absolutely a major issue. Please help.

Thank you...

Win10 here

I can confirm that copy/paste automation does work properly here

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by aaronbrito on Sat May 26, 2018 1:06 am
aaronbrito wrote
jpettit wrote
wallygontowski wrote I was so waiting for SO4 with hopefully more audio/MIDI improvements but was so disappointed

Make sure you articulate t what is missing for you to create music.

I would like to have an articulation map and smooth/ drawable/ 2D tempo automation. Does anybody know if this is coming or should I give up on S1 now?

I bought this a year ago seeing that these were among the top feature requests and am very surprised they haven't been implemented yet...

Can anyone shed some light on this?
by ionian on Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 am
Haven't tried the demo yet but from the look of the videos it looks like Presonus programmed the drum programmer upside down with the kick on top, snare second from top, etc.

Is there a way to reorder it to the correct way with the kick on the bottom and so on, or did Presonus actually code this functionality upside down?

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by BrentJammer on Sat May 26, 2018 1:37 am
Nobody answered to any of my questions. One more try:

1.) How can the step sequencer be used on Multi-Instruments, so a single VSTi with multiple Midi-In and Audio-Out?

2.) Are there new improvements on Multi-Out Instruments? Is there an easier way now to create a Multi-Audio-Out-Instrument without having to create both tracks and console channels manually?

I mean, the focus of this release seem to be the step sequencer, Impact and Sample XT - these can be used as Multi-Out, and most people that use e.g. Impact to make music will do so. You load a drum kit in Impact. And now what? Are you mixing the whole drumkit on one track? I doubt anybody does that.

526 postsPage 16 of 27
1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27