7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Please don't shoot me if this is not the right place to post this.

I configured a brand new Behringer FCB1010 by using the supplied configuration in Studio One 3 Artist.

Studio One>Options...>External Devices>Add..>Behringer>FCB1010

The description text indicates to "select factory preset 00 on the FCB1010." (I did that)
I set the "Receive From" field to my MIDI In port on the PreSonus Studio 1824.

The 10 footswitches would be recognized by the software, and expression pedal A would also register nicely and I could assign it to whatever parameters I wanted to change. Awesome... so far.

But expression pedal B would just not register at all.
Using the menu "View>MIDI Monitor" I could tell that the FCB1010 was sending controller change 7. (i.e. Controller Volume). So the pedal is sending commands and Studio One was seeing them.

Digging around in:
C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 3\devices\Behringer\FCB1010\fcb1010.surface.xml
I discovered on line 63 that Studio One is expecting pedal B to be sending controller change 16 instead of controller change 7.

So I fixed this by changing the file to use 7 instead of 16. You could also reprogram the FCB1010 to send controller change 16 instead of controller change 7.

Also...
That config file mentioned above has a section for the Switch 1 and Switch 2 jacks.

<Control name="footswitch[0]" type="button" title="SW1" options="receive public">
<MidiMessage status="Controller" address="109"/>
</Control>

<Control name="footswitch[1]" type="button" title="SW2" options="transmit public">
<MidiMessage status="Controller" address="110"/>
</Control>
I'm pretty sure that you can not control those jacks. The MIDI In port on the FCB1010 is really just for SysEx Rcv. And besides... one jack is set to "transmit public" and the other is "receive public"
So should that section be removed? I would love it if I could control those jacks remotely using MIDI messages. But so far I don't think it can be done using the Behringer supplied firmware.

For reference:
Behringer FCB1010 firmware 2.5.1E
PreSonus Studio One Artist version 3.5.6.46910 Win x64 (Built on Mar 20 2018)
by ralfwottrich on Mon May 07, 2018 3:28 am
Hello,

I can confirm the same issue with SO 3.5.6 Pro and a new FCB1010 as well and I resolved it the same way.

Best regards,
Ralf
by ralfwottrich on Thu May 10, 2018 3:59 am
Hello,

after playing around with my new FCB1010 I also found no way to make use of the SW buttons as defined in the the SO controller template. Everything else works fine (afterthe change in the xml as desrcibed above).

It would be great if someone fo the more experienced FCB/SO users could explain why the controls are included in the template and how to make use of them?

Thank you!
Ralf
by mortenkc on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 am
Have this been fixed?

Morten Kalland ~ a grandfather.
~ Studio One Pro 6 ~
Windows 10 Intel i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz. 64bit. (ssd 1TB rpm 7200.) 16GB ram. Audiobox 1818vsl. Faderport 1.
VDrums. Premier Powerplay-X. Tama. Ibanez Guitar. Rock It Bass. Røde Mic. AKG Mic. M-Audio Keystation 88es and Oxygen25 3gen. Nektar GX61 - Waves Gold v.9. DistroKid - John 3.16-17 . Hope. Love. Family -
https://facebook.com/MortenKalland - https://soundcloud.com/mortenkalland
by petergehringer on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:05 pm
So I had my fcb1010 working fine in reaper but I now want to use it in studio one 4. I am trying to use it to change my Plini Archetype plugin settings. Worked right away in reaper but I cannot figure it out in studio one 4. How do I select preset 00 when I wish to start? Not sure
If that’s my problem. The midi in light lights up when I select a pedal but no messages
Seem to be going through presonus. It’s not registering any. Any help is appreciated.
by escalona on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:21 pm
June 2022. Same problem. No solution. Studio On 5.5
Anyone knows anything about this?
by Royarn on Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:02 am
In the Original XML file for Studio 1 5.5 Pedal A requires CNTRL change 27 and Pedal B requires cntrl change 7 to be sent from FCB1010 with val1 =0 Val 2 =127. Both working here once I set these 2 values in FCB1010
Roy

INTEL HASWELL Core i5 4670K Z87-K MB, 16 gig DDR3 ram, 250 gig ssd 1 x 250 gig 1 x 1TB sata 2 drives,Presonus Faderport,  Motif ES 6, Focusrite 8i6. Windows 10Pro 64 bit. Sonar Platinum Lifetime Updates.(HaHa) :D Presonus Studio One 3 and 4 Pro.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1