4 posts
Page 1 of 1
For those using Impact. When creating custom kits from external samples (dragged into impact)
and storing the preset. Are those samples used copied to a new location? Or are they still in the same location, which means if i rename or reorganize my audio samples they will not be found next time i load the preset?

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by Jemusic on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:46 pm
Good question. The samples are referenced to where they are. Which means they have to be there for the preset to work. There is a way around this though. One would be to create a folder on your sound storage drive (if you have one) and duplicate the samples in there. Then drag the samples from there into Impact.

Another idea is use the Soundset builder and create a Soundset from the samples you have duplicated and put the new Soundset in the same place where the other Soundsets are. The only thing here is if you keep adding new sounds in you will have to rebuild the Soundset.

I would just make a folder somewhere (pref on some sort of sound library drive) duplicate the sounds in there and build the Impact presets from there. Then those samples will always be in there and will always work.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by espenaure on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:21 pm
Jemusic wroteGood question. The samples are referenced to where they are. Which means they have to be there for the preset to work. There is a way around this though. One would be to create a folder on your sound storage drive (if you have one) and duplicate the samples in there. Then drag the samples from there into Impact.

Another idea is use the Soundset builder and create a Soundset from the samples you have duplicated and put the new Soundset in the same place where the other Soundsets are. The only thing here is if you keep adding new sounds in you will have to rebuild the Soundset.

I would just make a folder somewhere (pref on some sort of sound library drive) duplicate the sounds in there and build the Impact presets from there. Then those samples will always be in there and will always work.

Sounds like a good idea to makes duplicates in another folder. I have to go through a lot of samples to decide which ones to keep. But "Send to" or "copy to" another folder when rightclicking a sample in the browser is not an option so it makes it harder to pick out the one i want to keep.

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by Jemusic on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:20 pm
What you can do though is create a special folder in the same tree area that you may be auditioning. Then while you maybe auditioning other sounds say in another folder if you find one you like, you can in fact grab the audio file and drag it into your specially created folder. (Which you might call Possible Impact Samples)

You will be asked if you want it moved and it will get moved there. But it does get moved and it will then be gone from your original folder.

However if you hold down ALT and then drag the auditioned file into your special folder then it gets copied there instead which is probably what you would rather do.

Then if you have got other samples say in another tree area, you could simply move the special folder there and continue on doing the same. Then when that is all done find a final resting place for the copied samples folder and start dragging them into Impact from there and make presets. It is not necessary to turn those sounds into a Soundset either as you may be adding new ones in there all the time. There is no requirement to turn them into a Soundset. Unless you want to upload them for example onto Exchange. That is great way to do it of course.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1