5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently purchased Studio One Professional, and it came with a bunch of .soundset files. I'm trying to download them over a 150MB/s network (Which should be lightning fast), but after a couple of minutes the download speed of these files goes from around 5-10 MB/s to 20kb/s. Sometimes even less than 1 kb/s, and it doesn't go up again. Is it my internet or should I set up something in Studio One?

Edit: If I download the soundset files over my browser, the speed is pretty consistent, rounding up at about 5MB/s. It's starting to sound like there's a problem with Studio One.

When in doubt, compress the hell out of everything. Then blame it on your VSTs. :+1
by scottyo7 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:12 am
You could do a speedtest to veryify your connection.
But it's probably PreSonus' server.
Some of the files you mention are very large to huge in size and will take awhile to download. It's not like you're going to get them all in 2 or 3 minutes. Have patience. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Jemusic on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 am
It depends where you are. This has been mentioned before. They load real quick where I am. Every time. Although I don't download them through Studio One though. I go directly into my account (with Studio One closed) and download them from there. Once downloaded all you have to do is drag them onto the start page and they will install. It is not a bad idea to back them up either. On a drive or burn some DVD's. Then you won't have to do it again.

Do a speed test. There is probably a guy next door who is super gamer and he is eating up the bandwidth. I am on fast connection too but every time I do a speed test I get a different result. Different times of day as well.

Also don't just take one speed test for gospel. I am on a connection that goes up to 100 Mbit/sec but I am only paying for about 35 Mbit/sec. Mainly because I am pretty happy with that speed. One speed test shows my speed at 8 Mbit/sec but another is around 30 MBit/sec. It certainly feels like the higher speed to me that is for sure. Do multiple speed tests. The slower one is obviously wrong.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jananebel on Thu May 17, 2018 2:37 pm
I'm having the same problem downloading my upgrade. This has been an ongoing problem and a google search reveals that it's been going on for years. I've tried shutting down my AV software, ran a speed test with download speeds at 30 Mpbs, so it's not the network. It's not my hard drive because there's plenty of space for the program. This is something within the software program itself doing the upgrade by the sounds of it. It's coming in drips and dribbles with the network monitor spiking, then nothing, then spiking, then nothing. I've read that Presonus has their servers on a bottle necked network. I'll try downloading and installing manually as suggested above. Hopefully, that's more efficient. At this rate, 18 kbps, XT Acoustic Guitars is going to take 24 hours to download. Not acceptable.

Update: Still slow, but these are huge files. It's much, much faster downloading one at a time from within your account than from within Studio One.

Total download time on high speed cable connection was three hours. This was upgrading from Artist to Pro.
by robertgray3 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 am
When i was installing Studio One on another computer with Windows 10 I noticed that downloading through the program was painfully slow and timed out a lot. I thought it might be Presonus’s server until I tried downloading them straight from the Presonus website. Oddly enough, downloading from the website was much faster than within the program.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

5 posts
Page 1 of 1