16 posts
Page 1 of 1
If i add a virtual instrument i.e ezdrummer and enable all outputs. Can i save this as a preset so i dont have to set up the mixer channels and inserts each time i wanna use the plugin?

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by frank.crow on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:39 pm
That’s a great question. I made a multi out template for my MKII (Drum Routing) but foolishly deleted my iPad Notes and can’t recreate it.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Tacman7 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:38 pm
The main mechanism for my songs is the template.

Remembers all the routing and settings and how the plugins are set.

Always changing as my workflow changes.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by robertgray3 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm
The two ways to do it iirc are either to incorporate it into a Multi Instrument OR you can "Save As Preset + Effects" from the plugin window itself and that will preserve the routing and track coloring. At least it works for Impact and Kontakt, last I checked.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 pm
This thing is no annoying. Offcourse using a template is an option. But setting up a plugins output routing, inserts etc every time you want to use that plugin? Cmon, its so stupid. Cant believe this i still an issue we have to deal with. Its like yes you can store the preset, but only if you havent customised the output routing and so on. So whats the point?

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by robertgray3 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 pm
Sorry! I left out one important detail :XD: "Store Instrument + FX Preset" will preserve the output routing when you add an insert (any insert!) to the output tracks. Try the following steps-

- Setup an instrument with multi outs such as Impact
- Setup the routing the way you want, name and color the tracks
- Add a blank Mixtool plugin to every output track (any plugin works, I use mixtool because it's light on CPU and useful)
- Open the Instrument window
- Click the little save icon and select "Store Instrument + FX Preset", call it some descriptive variation of "My Template"

Viola. A pre-routed and colored template for that instrument the next time you drag that into the Arrange window.

Yes, a full track templating system would be better but they did tuck some things into the program that are of a great help to the workflow-optimizing types, even if they aren't immediately obvious. For example, I have a bunch of pre-routed and pre-named Impact Instrument+FX Presets like this that I drag into every single session and they save me a ton of time.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:38 am
I am using TR 808. It has 1 main and 11 sub outputs.
I activate all 11 sub outs, but the main out is not activated because the plugin is not sending anything to the main out when all 11 sub outs are activated. Insert mixtool and store instrument+ effect preset.

Next time i load the preset the main out channel has been activated as well as the sub outs.
It kind of forces me to use the main out although it has no purpose because its nothing there.

When saving as multiinstrument, each time i drag the stored preset over to the instruments window,
the first mixer channel is always called multiinstrument no matter what i have named it before saving it as a preset.

So the stored presets is not being recalled correctly.

Building a song template is probably the way to go.

by oliver p. on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 am
This video might give an answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rd4uIGSJZY

J. Oliver Petry | i make music | Germany
Studio One Professional 6.5.2 | Win10 Home Edition 64bit |
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz | 16 GB RAM
| Audient id4 | Nektar GX61

youtube
by robertgray3 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:50 am
kaosikosmos wroteI am using TR 808. It has 1 main and 11 sub outputs.
I activate all 11 sub outs, but the main out is not activated because the plugin is not sending anything to the main out when all 11 sub outs are activated. Insert mixtool and store instrument+ effect preset.

Next time i load the preset the main out channel has been activated as well as the sub outs.
It kind of forces me to use the main out although it has no purpose because its nothing there.

When saving as multiinstrument, each time i drag the stored preset over to the instruments window,
the first mixer channel is always called multiinstrument no matter what i have named it before saving it as a preset.

So the stored presets is not being recalled correctly.

Building a song template is probably the way to go.

If the unused main output in the Console really bugs you then maybe you can disengage the output from the expanded routing panel in the Console Instrument list (shown below) or disengage "Link Show/Hide of Track List and Console" and hide the master output. Just a thought.

It would be better if "Store Instrument + FX Preset" remembered which tracks were hidden I suppose :)

Even though I have some useful Song templates, I like to keep my presets like this since I drag versions of these for Impact, NI Drummer, and various Multi-Instruments into various other sessions I work on as they get fleshed out. So I'm just trying to help you not go down Template Avenue :) but YMMV.

As for the Multi-Instrument name in the console issue, this might actually be a regression. I have to double check but so far I'm following his steps in that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rd4uIGSJZY and his Multi Instrument's first console track retains the name from when he saved the preset, but it seems like mine and kaosikosmos's don't.... interesting. Once I get some more information I'll probably contact support.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 am
The "Multi-Instrument not remembering its color/name from the preset" issue is probably a regression. I don't have the release notes in front of me but I put in a Support Ticket pointing out this behavior for Mac OS X 10.12.6. You're on Windows I gather so it may be beneficial to put in a Support ticket so they know this is a cross-platform problem.

To see the previous behavior, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rd4uIGSJZY

5:45 he renames the first track of the Multi Instrument in the console from "Multi Instrument" to "DRUMS" and colors it Green

6:55 He uses "Store Preset" to save the Multi Instrument as a preset

7:54 He drags the preset into a new session and it preserves the coloring and naming in the Console for all tracks, including the first track.

Now, for the current behavior:

1- Open a new session
2- Drag "New Multi Instrument" from the Instruments window into the session or the console (issue is present under both circumstances)
3- Rename the first track of the multi instrument in the console from "Multi Instrument" to something like "PLEASE DON'T FORGET ME"
4- Color the first track of the multi instrument in the console to something noticeable like Hot Neon Pink
5- Click the right arrow next to the instrument in the Instrument list and select "Store Preset." Alternatively you can save it directly from the Instrument window and the behavior still persists
6- Close the session
7- Open a new session
8- Drag the multi instrument preset you created into the Arrange view or the Console.

Oops! You promised you'd never forget.

The first Console track of the preset is called "Multi Instrument" every time, and it is not colored as it was saved. This occurs both when I drag it to the Console and the Arrange window (as shown).

Because he only drags the preset to the Console in this video, I can only be sure that the behavior when dragging to the Console isn't working properly. Either way, from this video it looks like the first Console track of the Multi-Instrument used to retain its settings when recalled as a preset and now it doesn't.

If someone perchance knows what the old behavior was when you dragged and dropped it to the Arrange Window instead of the Console, it would probably be good to know.

An example of me performing the 3 steps of his video that I pointed out earlier, for comparison:

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am
I have experienced after storing instrument presets that mixer output channels are not recalled correctly, channel colours are not recalled correctly and even renamed channels are not being recalled correctly.

If the instrument is connected to an arranger track doesnt it also make sense makes sense also to store the arranger track in the same preset? Everythinmg that is related to that instrument should be stored with the preset right?

by robertgray3 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 am
kaosikosmos wroteIf the instrument is connected to an arranger track doesnt it also make sense makes sense also to store the arranger track in the same preset? Everythinmg that is related to that instrument should be stored with the preset right?

Hm, what do you mean by connected to an arranger track? I may not understand completely but I use the ".musicloop" format in the Browser for storing Instrument Parts, Note Events, and Instrument Tracks all in one go. Is that what you mean? Apologies if I misunderstood.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 pm
Sorry, i meant instrument track. When adding an instrument you would have an instrument track or tracks in the arranger window and mixer channel or channels in the console, right?

For instance with the TR808 which has 11 sub outputs:
I put that inside a multiinstrument, activate the outputs and get 11 channels in the mixer.
Next i want an instrument track (connected to TR808 output) in the arranger window and also 11 audio tracks routed to the TR808 11 outputs. Maybe its just me but i think it would make sense to be able to save or store this as a preset. So next time im gonna use the plugin everything is routed and ready for roll.

by robertgray3 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm
That video we referenced a few times in this thread shows you how to do that with multi instruments. It’s a little slow but his method basically works outside of the Multi Instrument first track naming bug.

It feels a little weird at first because you have to setup the routing before its in a multi-instrument (as far as I can tell) but you get used to it.

If you just want to use a single instrument them the preset storing trick with inserts in each output that I mentioned before should work well.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by espenaure on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:50 pm
Sure, im already aware of these methods now.
For the moment im trying to set up a template with the things i use the most.
All my instrument tracks in one folder and another folder for the audio tracks.
Im not sure if its a good idea or not, time will show..
But i like the idea of keeping audio tracks/channels seperated from the instrument tracks/channels in both the arranger window and mixer. Would be interesting to know how other people organise a template.

by espenaure on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:01 pm
Its some kind of similar problem when trying to set up my ROLI Seaboard with Equator software.
I am following this tutorial from ROLI support

https://support.roli.com/support/soluti ... studio-one

Im suppose to have 16 instrument (midi) tracks added in the arranger and 1 stereo output channel in the mixer for the equator synth. When i add the first instrument track in the arranger i can change color and the channel fader and instrument track will match eachother, but when adding more instrument tracks the color matching dont work with any of the tracks anymore. I dont know if its a bug or im doing something wrong. Besides the color issue only the first instrument track seems to be "connected" to the equator mixer channel, cause when i highlight it the mixer channel also get highlighted. But what about the rest of the 15 instrument tracks? Shouldnt they also act the same way as the first instrument track? They are also routed to the same equator only they are midi channel 2-16 instead of 1. Is this also a bug that needs to be reported or im i doing something wrong?

16 posts
Page 1 of 1