202 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
BrentJammer wroteWasn't there anything supposed to happen today? Not meant as provocation but as a real questions.

You may be in a part of the world where it is already tomorrow. :)

[edit: I should have said "the day after tomorrow" as the announcement is coming on May 22.]
Last edited by roland1 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by mikemanthei on Sun May 20, 2018 2:27 pm
Whoa........ far out, dude.

There is no spoon

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by roland1 on Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm
mikemanthei wroteWhoa........ far out, dude.

There is no spoon

What is the sound of one spoon bending?

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by mikemanthei on Sun May 20, 2018 7:42 pm
Word on the street is that the new version of Studio One will have a high-resolution sample of "bending spoon" built in. Or is that modeling?

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Steve Carter on Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 pm
If the bent spoon should fall when no one is there, will it make a sound? Will S1 v4 include an'auto premeditating record on input signal' setting to solve this conundrum?
Only 30-odd hours 'till we'll get the definitive answer to 'life, the universe and everything' maybe it'll be S1v4.2....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Steve Carter on Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 am
In a less tongue in cheek vein ~
It may be coincidental but Melodyne offers have appeared recently - could this be an attempt to increase the user base prior to a new version/s upgrade, to accompany ARA v2 in S1v4 maybe?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
by Lawrence on Mon May 21, 2018 6:02 am
Skaperverket wroteThank you so much!

Appreciated S, but Jeff Pettit and Matt Gorman (the two great mods) more deserve your thanks imo. Those guys have the patience of saints. Me, not so much. :)
by Skaperverket on Mon May 21, 2018 7:13 am
Lawrence wrote
Skaperverket wroteThank you so much!

Appreciated S, but Jeff Pettit and Matt Gorman (the two great mods) more deserve your thanks imo. Those guys have the patience of saints. Me, not so much. :)

I respect that opinion, Lawrence, and you are right about jpettit and mattgorman.

I guess you all have your individual strengths: Jeff's strength imo is patience, figuring out bugs and Melodyne; Matt appears to be the one capable of keeping everyone aboard and these forums clear and focused.

Niles is the go to guy for everything MIDI, CC, automation, inner workings etc., and you (Lawrence) have knowledge about a little bit (or a lot) of everything - with macros, scripts and various short cuts and work flows as an extra special specialty (although your super power is being able to communicate these things very clearly while always trying to minimize the chances that people get offended [an extra effort that is a relatively rare thing on the Internet]).

There are others that could be mentioned as well, and different people will have different areas they need assistance.

Your posts (and Niles') have been the posts that I personally have learnt the most from. I really appreciate it.

When searching for issues in Google, I often find matches that point to the old legacy PreSonus forum that is now closed. Heaps of great info there and clearly very, very knowledgeable folks used to participate on those forums. Many, many of these are not seen around on these new forums, which is a shame.

Now, it appears that the offical channel is a Facebook group or something, and we also have the Answers database with the FRs etc., so everything is a bit spread out and confusing.

I like this forum and I often wish it were more used. A great community is also a part of a DAWs features. There are some great examples of this.

I've noticed that my two favorite contributers have been less active around here lately. I totally understand it if there are other things that need to be prioritized, but just letting you know: I'd hate to see you go. But, yes, thanks to everyone contributing to these forums and keeping them alive! :thumbup:

Looking forward to tomorrow's announcements. And good job on the date predictions, jduram!
by roland1 on Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 am
Skaperverket wrote...
I respect that opinion, Lawrence, and you are right about jpettit and mattgorman.
I've noticed that my two favorite contributers have been less active around here lately. I totally understand it if there are other things that need to be prioritized, but just letting you know: I'd hate to see you go. But, yes, thanks to everyone contributing to these forums and keeping them alive! :thumbup:

Looking forward to tomorrow's announcements. And good job on the date predictions, jduram!

This is just my opinion, of course, and I'm not sure what it's worth here, but...

In recent years, I believe a lot of people, including myself, experienced negative side effects from the censorship that has occurred on this forum. I was even banned for a week because my input became difficult to handle for some.

This suppressive kind of gate-keeping can undermine the "spirit" of any forum and I believe this is why some formerly popular contributors seem to have vanished from this board. Again, that is just my opinion, not a proven fact.

Personally, I don't want to be afraid to express my opinion in any forum, however ugly or inconvenient it might be, as long as I'm on topic and not being abusive toward others.

And now, to pull this reply back to the topic at hand — and in response to your closing sentence — I hope that the new "MANUAL" attached to version 4 is a truly SEARCHABLE document with HIGHLIGHTS so that I am not forced to spend 15 minutes trying to find information on S1 even when I type in a specific term. That would make me happier, as I often refer to that manual for specifics.

by bassfx on Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am
Skaperverket wroteLooking forward to tomorrow's announcements. And good job on the date predictions, jduram!

Super excited, more than I've been about a DAW release in a long time. That's mainly because I've hit my maximum DAW fatigue threshold dealing with other DAWs recently... and I have a good feeling that S1 v4 will fill some of the gaps I've been missing from v3. 1 day to go to find out! My Cubase and Pro Tools licenses are feeling very, very nervous right now.
by neiljordan1 on Mon May 21, 2018 9:24 am
Steve Carter wroteIt may be coincidental but Melodyne offers have appeared recently - could this be an attempt to increase the user base prior to a new version/s upgrade, to accompany ARA v2 in S1v4 maybe?

I thought exactly the same; however, that sort of price drop for Melodyne Editor was too hard to resist, so I went for it.

I may regret it if (A) v4 announces similar tempo mapping/editing features built-in (that's the main reason I wanted Editor: so, I no longer miss those features from Pro Tools), or (B) the Editor upgrade cost to Melodyne's inevitable new version proves too prohibitive.

Tomorrow will likely give at least some of this info...

Studio One Pro v6
2021 MacBook Pro: 10-Core M1 Max Chip, 64GB Unified Memory, SSD Storage
macOS 12
Motu M4 USB-C Interface, 48K Sample Rate
by santeripilli on Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 am
jpettit wroteThier busy. I personally report the anomalies to Izotope like the fact that their new interface falsely reports a dirty bit to S1 if left open.
They acknowledged the issue the week after V8 was released but have yet to fix.

The point is it is best to put pressure on the source of the issue.

Pardon me Sir Pettit, but...

The source of the issue is the Studio One v3 engine that still to this day handles 3rd party plug-in code/interactions in an inadequate manner, being prone to errors and crashes more than many DAWs. This was not the case in v2, and I've surfed through every update since version 3 came out on PC and Mac. Well known developers like Izotope, SoundToys, heck, even Waves, you name it. Surprisingly all of these worked better on other DAWs. Go figure.

Thus!

The logical step would be to improve the vulnerability of the audio engine code as opposed to tell your beloved clientele to spend their creative time doing PreSonus' betatest work for free AND in vain. Sounds harsh, I know. I'm not happy about the current state of affairs, and my will continue to express it bluntly.

Feel free to ignore my opinion, though. If someone disagrees, oh hey, cool.

That makes me an 3rd-Party-FX-heavy Lone Wolf crying in the forest.

- Santeri

Apple MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011):
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR RAM, 500 GB HD (7200 RPM),
OSX version 10.12.4. (Sierra),

Interface: TC Electronic Konnekt 6 FireWire

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).
by bassfx on Mon May 21, 2018 10:17 am
santeripilli wrote
The source of the issue is the Studio One v3 engine that still to this day handles 3rd party plug-in code/interactions in an inadequate manner, being prone to errors and crashes more than many DAWs. This was not the case in v2, and I've surfed through every update since version 3 came out on PC and Mac. Well known developers like Izotope, SoundToys, heck, even Waves, you name it. Surprisingly all of these worked better on other DAWs. Go figure.

Hi Santeri, I use iZotope, Waves, and many other plugins with S1 v3, and I haven't noticed an appreciable difference with other DAWs, including Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper, etc., etc. In fact, I've found stability to be a bit better overall, at least on par with my basic workflow in Reaper, but better than Cubase and Pro Tools, which quite often have plagued me. However, I haven't used S1 as long as you obviously, since I didn't start really pushing S1 until more recently. (Technically, I bought S1 back with S1 v1 out of curiosity, upgraded to v2 to see what was new, but only used it for occasional testing and playing around until a good friend of mine convinced me to really give v3 a chance, and I'm glad I did.)

Anyway, not to get too off topic here, but do you mind highlighting some of the current major plugin issues? I've been pretty impressed at stability in 3.5 overall... better than Cubase 9.5 for sure IMO, and better than PT12. I don't use SoundToys plugins though (of the ones you mentioned), but I do use tons of other ones. I've also found performance to be pretty good too in my own testing layout, about right in the middle between Reaper and Cubase. I have found a few bugs, but nothing on the order of what I've experienced in Cubase, for example. If you've had a poor experience with plugin stability, I would genuinely want to know a little more, and I will be happy to see if I can duplicate the issue and then I'd definitely create a bug report. My own interactions with the developers so far have been positive, I feel they take these things seriously.
by Funkybot on Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am
jdurham wrote
santeripilli wrote

Hi Santeri, I use iZotope, Waves, and many other plugins with S1 v3, and I haven't noticed an appreciable difference with other DAWs, including Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper, etc., etc. In fact, I've found stability to be a bit better overall, at least on par with my basic workflow in Reaper, but better than Cubase and Pro Tools, which quite often have plagued me. However, I haven't used S1 as long as you obviously, since I didn't start really pushing S1 until more recently. (Technically, I bought S1 back with S1 v1 out of curiosity, upgraded to v2 to see what was new, but only used it for occasional testing and playing around until a good friend of mine convinced me to really give v3 a chance, and I'm glad I did.)

Anyway, not to get too off topic here, but do you mind highlighting some of the current major plugin issues? I've been pretty impressed at stability in 3.5 overall... better than Cubase 9.5 for sure IMO, and better than PT12. I don't use SoundToys plugins though (of the ones you mentioned), but I do use tons of other ones. I've also found performance to be pretty good too in my own testing layout, about right in the middle between Reaper and Cubase. I have found a few bugs, but nothing on the order of what I've experienced in Cubase, for example. If you've had a poor experience with plugin stability, I would genuinely want to know a little more, and I will be happy to see if I can duplicate the issue and then I'd definitely create a bug report. My own interactions with the developers so far have been positive, I feel they take these things seriously.

Same. I have more plugins than I'd care to admit to, including from Soundtoys, Izotope, and Waves, and I don't have ANY compatibility issues with Studio One. There was some weird stuff with the iLok plugins after one of the 3.x updates where they needed to run in Compatibility mode, but that was ultimately due to iLok issues that were ultimately resolved. In fact, Studio One is the most stable of the major DAW's I've used regularly (Sonar, Cubase). Reaper never gave me issues either, but I never used it for serious work. Just keep it around as a demo/testing platform. The only other plugin issues with Studio One I've experienced tend to do with mono channel configurations. Some plugins don't like the way Studio one does mono channels, and in those cases, just making the tracks stereo solves the issue.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Jose7822 on Mon May 21, 2018 12:10 pm
No problems with VST plugins here in Studio One either. I mostly use iZotope and FabFilter plug-ins, and a few others. In fact, I find Studio One to be the most stable DAW I’ve worked with (which include Sonar and Cubase) ever! It’s been super stable for me.

I know these kinds of reply don’t help the person experiencing problems with a piece of software, but at least it should potentially point at the issue being somewhere else. Personally, I find doing a fresh install of Windows and all other software about twice a year (or at least once a year) to help keep things running smoothly. I know not everyone wants, or has the time, to do this. But it does keep the system running optimally and potentially saving you tons of time troubleshooting it. YMMV, of course.

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme | Intel Core i9 10900K (OC'ed to ~5 GHz) | 128GB of RAM | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti Gaming | Corsair iCUE H100i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Studio One 5 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
by bassfx on Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm
Jose7822 wroteI know these kinds of reply don’t help the person experiencing problems with a piece of software, but at least it should potentially point at the issue being somewhere else.

Yeah, it can be incredibly frustrating running into an issue, then sharing it in the forum, and getting replies that say "it all works here!" I've been in that position too. DAWs are indeed highly complex real-time systems with so many variables to contend with from hardware to drivers to apps to plugins. And everyone's system is really unique. It's a miracle they work at all. And I agree that it does help to mention it though.

And I was serious that if Santeri has a bug he's dealing with, and I have the same plugin, I'd be happy to test it out and see if I can replicate the issue. I want Studio One to be as stable as possible. And maybe there are workflow/usage conditions that he has that reveal some sort of stability issue that normally doesn't affect other people. It's good to drill down and try to find a repeatable recipe to help solve it.

Anyway, hopefully the Studio One devs have done a solid job beta testing Studio One v4. :-) However, I'm sure they can't do worse than Steinberg on their beta testing. Cubase 9.5 was embarrassingly rushed IMO. They set the low bar in recent DAW releases, so it would surprise me if Presonus can possibly sink to that level. Less than 1 day to find out!
by bassfx on Mon May 21, 2018 6:02 pm
I've got to hand it to Presonus, they have NOT leaked any details! Impressive. Here we are on Studio One 4 Eve, just 14 hours away, and NOTHING! ZIPPO!
by Steve Carter on Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 pm
This won't help either and perhaps it's time this part of the discussion should be on a separate post but I do have problems with Waves plugins (of which I have more than I care to admit to!).

My bugbear relates to the plugin gui's on a number of plugins where the input/sensitivity metres don't work and just last night a new fault appeared, or maybe disappeared, when adjusting parameters ( on two instances of plugin) the parameter knob/slider vanished from the gui leaving just a textual number in it's place. What was impressive though, on one plugin (PRS Dallas) the knob disappeared but the spigot it fixes on was still there - how's that for detail?!!

Anyway, a new thread beckons but Santeri - you are not alone....

Hoping to get back from work early enough to see the announcement tonight - whatever it is!

by wdkbeats on Tue May 22, 2018 12:21 am

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by donaldbaarns on Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 am
wdkbeats wroteAnd so it begins :)

https://youtu.be/FiUpCTZ_Lk8

https://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/r ... e&dir=desc

Thanks for posting.

EDIT: It's been pulled down (as of 1 am Pacific time). Watch live session for official announcement at 10 am Central on May 22nd.
Last edited by donaldbaarns on Tue May 22, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO: