202 postsPage 1 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11
due almost already 3 years pass from PreSonus released studio one 3 looks like this may we expect to have studio one 4 what your expectations? this great update can be the big step to go over Cubase and logic in midi features due on audio features is already on the top.
by daniellesaux on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:13 pm
Don't know when Version 4.0 will be released. All I know is that I switched to Studio One from Sonar last November and it already does everything I expect from a DAW. Anything added will just be icing on the "Cake" (pun intended!)

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by DubLifeSD on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:00 pm
Hopefully we get a release, or at least some info in May :thumbup:

S1 v3.5 Pro / Ableton Live 9
Win 7 64bit / i7 2600K / 8gb ram
UR22 audio interface
by Steve Carter on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:03 pm
v4 in less than a month....! Time to start thinking about what we want from v5 then :roll:

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by bassfx on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 am
I have NO insider information, but having looked back on the release pattern for Studio One, I am predicting/speculating/hoping that there is HIGH probability that we'll get Studio One v4 in late May or late June, before the big Summer break in Germany. Crossing fingers!

Let's see what happens!
Last edited by bassfx on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
by gottfriedbergmair on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm
I expect an update in may this year with ARA2 integration, and v4 next year as a 10 years anniversary version.

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6 Pro + Fat Channel XT Suite + Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM+ATOM SQ; Keylab mk2 49, Lewitt 441 Flex, Zoom H5, Mackie 402-VLZ4; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he Synths, TAL, Klanghelm, RX Std 10
by DubLifeSD on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:30 pm
I'd be ok waiting another year for 4.0 as long as we get a robust 3.6 update soon.

S1 v3.5 Pro / Ableton Live 9
Win 7 64bit / i7 2600K / 8gb ram
UR22 audio interface
by Skaperverket on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm
I have plenty of wishes for new or enhanced features, but the number one wish is that we can have all bugs and weird behaviors ironed out.
by robertgray3 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:07 pm
I’m excited for whenever it comes out. I’ve said it before but as I watch tutorials and learn the program it’s really awesome how many daily use features were added between version 3.0 and now.

Skaperverket wroteI have plenty of wishes for new or enhanced features, but the number one wish is that we can have all bugs and weird behaviors ironed out.

Playing devil’s advocate here (I really don’t like software bugs) I don’t think there’s a difference to the user between bugs and missing features that would greatly improve their workflow. They’re all things that get in the way of using the program the way the customer wants to use it.

For example, it’s a little annoying to know that somewhere between v3 and v3.5.6 Multi-Instrument presents stopped retaining their color and naming when recalled. But if they added a ”mix” knob to the splitter in the channel editor or a ”mix” knob for inserts in general it would probably save me more time in the long run than I’d save renaming and coloring the first track of my Multi Instrument presets. I’m purposefully using small examples so it’s not the difference between a small bug and a huge feature :D

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by santeripilli on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:05 pm
Skaperverket wroteI have plenty of wishes for new or enhanced features, but the number one wish is that we can have all bugs and weird behaviors ironed out.

WORD.

It's not like the version 3 development would ever have reached a single, stable update. Simply inadequate code, and the "clients are beta-testers"-policy is very unethical, still.

I dunno what the heck happened, since v2 was perfect. Never ever crashed on me.

I have e.g. a song file I cannot open with the latest version, as it simply crashes after a minute.

-Santeri

Apple MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011):
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR RAM, 500 GB HD (7200 RPM),
OSX version 10.12.4. (Sierra),

Interface: TC Electronic Konnekt 6 FireWire

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).
by johnnygeib2 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 pm
santeripilli wrote

WORD.

It's not like the version 3 development would ever have reached a single, stable update. Simply inadequate code, and the "clients are beta-testers"-policy is very unethical, still.

I have e.g. a song file I cannot open with the latest version, as it simply crashes after a minute.

-Santeri

I have had no stability issues with V3. I would say your system is having issues, not Studio One. I support dozens of people a day and any stability issues I see are most times system related and rarely Studio One related.

As to what you describe above, it sounds like a 3rd party plugin is having issues. That's my experience with my support group. But let me know if I can help in any way.

by robertgray3 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:48 am
themuzic wrote
santeripilli wrote

WORD.

-Santeri

I have had no stability issues with V3. I would say your system is having issues, not Studio One. I support dozens of people a day and any stability issues I see are most times system related and rarely Studio One related.

As to what you describe above, it sounds like a 3rd party plugin is having issues. That's my experience with my support group. But let me know if I can help in any way.

It’s probably mostly plugin related but we all use plugins. What’s wrong with the suggestion/wish that Studio One sandboxes its plug-ins like a few other daws do? I don’t really see a benefit from a system where an error in a VST or AU crashes the host entirely and make me lose my work.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by ArKay99 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 am
I expect at least one terrible usage bug that has been lingering since the first day I used S1 to be fixed...solo in place is broken...and it has prevented me from using S1 in any professional manner, mixdown or tracking. It makes an otherwise brilliant software package useless, for me. I've done the complete description of the bug, made a video, documented the issue, and made a step by step procedure to vet it out. It was sent to engineering and it was confirmed but the response I got was that there were no plans to fix it in the immediate future and to look towards future releases for the fix...

I guess nobody uses solo in place except for me, because it only got a few votes...and no, the mute tool is grossly inadequate for that task.

I've stopped investing in any of the offers S1 has put out as it kind of makes it pointless to continue invest in a product that has a major flaw, IMHO, and so I won't be investing in S1V4 unless the SIP issue has been fixed.

...and yes, I'm a bit miffed that this has been 'blown off' as a rare case... I came to S1 to get away from Pro Tools, and this is the one issue that keeps me a hostage of PT...

Mac Pro 6.1 32 gig 1866 memory, 512G internal PCIe SSD, 2-480G OWC 3G SSD's in Thunderbolt case, twin D300video cards, 2 x Raven MTi2's, Pro Tools 12.4 | HD, UAD Apollo, 2 UAD Thunderbolt Satellite Octo's, RME ADI-4 DD, Yosemite 10.10.5, Studio One 3.5.1, outboard hardware via AES (Bricasti M7, 2 x Lexicon PCM92, TC Electronics M350 though homemade SRC). Neve Portico 5012, 5043, Lot's and lots of plug ins, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments, VSL Special Edition Strings, DynAudio Bm6's and MB14S sub.
by jpettit on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:09 am
Ok just to remind us, can you tell us in one sentence what is the issues with Solo?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by mikemanthei on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:57 pm
ArKay99 wroteI guess nobody uses solo in place except for me, .......

I used to...but then I bought S1 and was told my antiquated workflow was out of fashion, and it would be best to just forget about it.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Steve Carter on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:03 pm
V4 - could it maybe play nicer with Izotope? RX6, Ozone and thumbnails....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jpettit on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 pm
Steve Carter wroteV4 - could it maybe play nicer with Izotope? RX6, Ozone and thumbnails....

You'd have to ask iZotope.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by mikemanthei on Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 am
I would like to be able to adjust the cue sends from the faderport 8/16. But headphone mixes appear to be yet another antiquated workflow item.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by robertgray3 on Tue May 01, 2018 8:18 am
jpettit wrote
Steve Carter wroteV4 - could it maybe play nicer with Izotope? RX6, Ozone and thumbnails....

You'd have to ask iZotope.

What’s wrong with asking both of them? DAW developers can reach out to popular plugin developers and vice versa.

The shortcoming can often be on the plugins end but that doesn’t mean both parties can’t be involved.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by jpettit on Tue May 01, 2018 11:01 am
Thier busy. I personally report the anomalies to Izotope like the fact that their new interface falsely reports a dirty bit to S1 if left open.
They acknowledged the issue the week after V8 was released but have yet to fix.

The point is it is best to put pressure on the source of the issue.

202 postsPage 1 of 11
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11