5 posts
Page 1 of 1
X-Touch-S1v3-Setup1.png

I'm trying to connect the x-touch and x-touch extender in Studio One. We are using a Mac. I want the extender to show channels 1-8 and xtouch 9-16. I have connected the extender usb B > xtouch usb A > xtouch usb B > Mac usb A. Both the xtouch and extender are set to MC > USB mode. The xtouch is working fine, but Studio One is not recognizing the extender.

Questions:
1) Should I setup both xtouch and extender as Mackie control, or should I set xtouch as Mackie control and extender as Mackie control extender? (step 3 in picture)

2) What should the settings be under Receive From > Send To for both the xtouch and extender?

3) Are there any other steps I need to follow to get this working?

Thank you!
by roblof on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 am
I don’t have any extender yet, but I know that there are a bunch of guys on the official behringer forum that does.

Head over there and I’m sure that someone has the knowledge you are looking for...

Behringer Wing, iMac late 2015, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, x32 with Dante/aes67, x32-rack with Dante/aes67, s16 and sd16 stageboxes, p16 monitor system, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Motör 61, BCR-2000, StudioLive 24, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, Studio One Pro v4, Notion 6, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, Halion 6, Nuendo 10, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4, misc Line6 gear/software, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha 02r.....
by Polaco777 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 am
X-Touch-S1v3-Setup1.png

Studio One pic2.JPG

Studio One pic1.JPG

Okay, figured it out!
First, connect the x-Touch extender USB B to the x-Touch USB A then connect the x-Touch USB B to the computer USB A. Turn on both the x-Touch and x-Touch extender and make sure they are set to MC > USB mode. Now go to External Devices in Studio One.

1) Click Add and choose Mackie Control for the x-Touch. Under Receive From and Send To choose X-Touch INT. Click OK.

2) Click Add and choose Mackie Control Extender for the x-Touch extender. Under Receive From and Sent To choose X-Touch-ExtX-T.._INT. Click OK.

3) Click Placement. Now drag the Extender into Group 1 first then drag the Control into Group 1. Click Close then OK. This will put channels 1-8 on the extender and 9-16 on the x-Touch.

4) If a session is open, close it and open again. The track names and faders should come up on both devices.

That's it!
by roblof on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:47 pm
Great info. Tnx!

Behringer Wing, iMac late 2015, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, x32 with Dante/aes67, x32-rack with Dante/aes67, s16 and sd16 stageboxes, p16 monitor system, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Motör 61, BCR-2000, StudioLive 24, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, Studio One Pro v4, Notion 6, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, Halion 6, Nuendo 10, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4, misc Line6 gear/software, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha 02r.....
by charlottebrown2 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:37 pm
I’ve been looking for a solution to this for hours. Thank you for posting! I will try it out tomorrow!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1