1 post
Page 1 of 1
Update:

Did some further testing and realized that it had to transform each individual track that was routed and I had some unused tracks in this session that weren’t in other projects I tested. So I learned both that patience is a virtue and that to save on Transform processing time it's probably a good idea to disable unused outputs of multi-out instruments. :thumbup:

As for the crash if you cancel Transforming for multi-out instruments, that still happens. I'll keep an eye out for if it happens with other plugins or just Kontakt but not cancelling and doing some housekeeping before Transforming will cover it for me and anyone else who finds this. :)

(Mostly) Solved Issue:

Hi there!

Any fellow owners of Native Instruments Kontakt / Studio Drummer want to see if they can duplicate this?

Don't know if this is a Studio One problem or a Native Instruments problem yet, just want to see if it's a problem on more systems than just mine.

I'm probably going to try to see if I can re-create it with other multi-output multi-instruments before contacting Support.

Using:

Studio One v3.5.6
Mac OS X 10.12.6
Kontakt 5 16-out VST version x64

Steps to recreate crash:

1- Load project file (attached)
NI SD Freeze Crash.song
Transforming this track to Audio in S1 3.5.6 results in a hang/freeze and sometimes a crash if you attempt to cancel.
(961.85 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

2- Select the Track
3- Right click the Track
4- Select Transform to Audio Track
5- Select the "Render All Channels" option (this seems to be the option that causes the hang/crash)

At this point, S1 should attempt to transform the track repeatedly. Sometimes when I cancel the process it crashes Studio One.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

1 post
Page 1 of 1