10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm having trouble getting my Roland keyboard controller to work in Studio One. I also have Sonar Platinum and it works in Sonar. I also am able to use Rapture Pro in stand alone and it works with that as well. I had to add the keyboard manually under external devices in Studio One as it was not available in the product list. It shows in the deep down lists for resource from and send to. I have Receive From: A-PRO MIDI IN, and Send To: A-PRO. This is the path that works with everything else. I've attempted to use the keyboard with Mai Tai, EZkeys and Rapture Session and not of them will communicate with the keyboard in Studio One. I'm using Studio One 3.5 and I'm running Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by PreAl on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:45 am
I've already been through this, follow this thread carefully beginning to end. A few screenshots may help you as well. Most setup areas are covered (maybe not in the right order).

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27865
Last edited by PreAl on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:48 am
Receive from MIDI IN might be wrong. Midi IN means you are sending to it maybe. What other options are there for Receive FROM.

When you play do you see activity in the little midi icon down below. That will tell you if you are in fact receiving any midi data.

Tracks need to be input monitor enabled before you will hear anything too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:50 am
^^
There's a screenshot in the link in my last post that should help you with that.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by JohnBW on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:38 am
PreAl wroteI've already been through this, follow this thread carefully beginning to end. A few screenshots may help you as well. Most setup areas are covered (maybe not in the right order).

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27865

Thanks for that link! It's good to know it can be changed to work on one MIDI port using OMNI mode.

I have the A-300PRO and have always used it with the default two port setup, one for the keyboard, and the second for control surface messages.

I just got used to using it that way with Sonar and the ACT plugin, and never realized you could combine them. So using two ports in Studio One just seemed normal to me.

This 'feature' probably catches a few folks by surprise!

Now that I know about this, I looked again at the Roland manual section 'Specifying the current MIDI channel', under 'OMNI ON' explanation. I can see the brief mention about the current channel, and the KEYBOARD PORT. Never really payed attention to the meaning of that port thing in regards to OMNI. ;)

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by JohnBW on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 am
tomgastauer1 wroteI'm having trouble getting my Roland keyboard controller to work in Studio One..........

I have Receive From: A-PRO MIDI IN

That won't work. That is the external MIDI interface connector on the side of the A-PRO. If you want to use the USB driver, the internal keyboard MIDI is fixed to Port 1.

Select receive from 'A-PRO 1' in Studio One > Options > External Devices.

by tomgastauer1 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 am
JohnBW wrote
tomgastauer1 wroteI'm having trouble getting my Roland keyboard controller to work in Studio One..........

That won't work. That is the external MIDI interface connector on the side of the A-PRO. If you want to use the USB driver, the internal keyboard MIDI is fixed to Port 1.

Thanks, I have, I apologize I didn't put that in my original post. I've used every combination of A-PRO 1 IN/OUT and MIDI IN/OUT that is available. Nothing worked.

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by JohnBW on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:15 pm
tomgastauer1 wrote
JohnBW wrote

Thanks, I have, I apologize I didn't put that in my original post. I've used every combination of A-PRO 1 IN/OUT and MIDI IN/OUT that is available. Nothing worked.

This is my basic setup for the A-PRO in Studio One, as far as simply playing the keys (so not including control surface setup).

Just fyi: I named my MIDI port 1 'A-PRO 1 MIDI', but not to be confused with 'A-PRO MIDI IN'

From chapter 5 in the Studio One user guide:
Configuring an Instrument Track
In Studio One, an Instrument Track can only receive input from a Keyboard that has been set up in the External Devices menu. To set up a Keyboard, refer to the Set Up Your MIDI Devices section of the Setup chapter. If you have a Keyboard set up as the default Instrument Track input, all Instrument Tracks default to using that Keyboard.

by tomgastauer1 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm
Thanks so much for all your help! I am up and running with my A-800PRO. Couldn't have done it without all your help!

Tom

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by JohnBW on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:10 pm