125 postsPage 5 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
So how is it going on now?
Erich and Wdkbeats...is there still interest from your side? If yes: How large are your Tracks?
And Jdurham where do you live? Are you German? Or do you live somewhere else?
by sebastianholtzer on Sun May 27, 2018 5:22 am
wdkbeats wroteI believe this bug is related to Slate Digital plugins, VMR 2.0 to be specific. I started having the same issue just after installing the latest Slate plugins bundle.

"Shaking the box" indeed does help, tried it yesterday and my mix rendered correctly (it didn't without "shaking")

I wonder if it's related to the copy&paste automation bug? Sometimes Studio One just doesn't paste automation in folder tracks.

Dam. I don`t use any Slate Plugs.
Can you please tell me how you set your CPU-Configuration in your Bios, please? I was thinking about, that maybe a setting there could cause the bug.
by wdkbeats on Sun May 27, 2018 6:02 am
sebastianholtzer wroteSo how is it going on now?
Erich and Wdkbeats...is there still interest from your side? If yes: How large are your Tracks?

The last session where this bug occurred has 55 audio tracks and 33 busses (i use bus channels for fx sends).

What CPU settings are you asking about? C-states? Please be more specific.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by bassfx on Sun May 27, 2018 7:13 am

I'm in the US (not that it makes a difference) and I'm happy to help on this guys. I just need a file to test that exhibits the problem so I can help you confirm the issue on different hardware.

As I mentioned yesterday, I created a simple, but automation- and CPU-heavy test file that rendered just fine, so there was no automation issue.

From looking over the other comments again, I have a feeling that this elusive bug is related to either a specific family of plugins, and/or a combination of routings (bus, etc.) in S1, and/or a driver issue that is partially hanging the render process during certain load scenarios -- and possibly a combination of all the above. And all of that is only on Windows, since the Mac does not appear to have the issue.

Also, I'm making an educated guess that the problem is NOT related to the complexity of the automation data or overall CPU load. My test yesterday had 352 lanes of dense automation, 64 tracks, 224 plugin instances, and it rendered fine. It did NOT have a complex routing situation, and it used just a few plugins (instantiated 224 times). A future test will be to make a more complex routing situation and use more brands of plugins.

Anyway, as soon as someone can share a file -- again, please anonymize the file and take out any special/copyrighted material! -- then I'll test it to see if the problem shows up on my system.

Again, I have a lot of plugins, but not SoundToys and Slate. So if you limit your file to 2CAudio, AAS, Cytomic, Eventide, Exponential Audio, FabFilter, iZotope, Native Instruments, PSP, Rob Papen, Spectrasonics, Steinberg, Synpase Audio, Synchro Arts, U-he and Waves, there's a good chance I'll have your plugin. I don't have everything those guys make, but a lot of them.
by sebastianholtzer on Sun May 27, 2018 8:40 am
wdkbeats wrote

The last session where this bug occurred has 55 audio tracks and 33 busses (i use bus channels for fx sends).

Yes exactly C-States, Turbo and so on.
by wdkbeats on Sun May 27, 2018 9:29 am
sebastianholtzer wrote
wdkbeats wrote

Yes exactly C-States, Turbo and so on.

C-States - disabled
Turbo - disabled

I'm running on i7-4790K@4,5GHz.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by sebastianholtzer on Sun May 27, 2018 4:06 pm
wdkbeats wrote
C-States - disabled
Turbo - disabled

And now I am out. Because most of the time I leave them on to do my part for mother earth, and only change my windows setup and power configuration like recommend when making music.

So what do we do now? Will you give him your File or Eric?
by wdkbeats on Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm
sebastianholtzer wrote
wdkbeats wrote
C-States - disabled
Turbo - disabled

And now I am out. Because most of the time I leave them on to do my part for mother earth, and only change my windows setup and power configuration like recommend when making music.

So what do we do now? Will you give him your File or Eric?

You asked for my BIOS settings suggesting there might be connection to this bug... :?

I will send a .song file directly to Presonus support.

by Jose7822 on Mon May 28, 2018 12:06 am
I’m reading this thread in kind of disbelief, lol.

On the one hand you have a guy who doesn’t want to share a generic (NOT PERSONAL MUSIC) Studio One project file that demonstrates the “automation bug” because he’s afraid of sharing too much information, yet he’s asking where people are from. Talking about invasion of privacy. Plus, how’s THAT gonna help?

And then you have another guy having issues with users helping Presonus find a bug. Why the heck can’t users help a company find a bug in their software out of their own free will? I fail to see what’s wrong with this. It’s not like Presonus is solely relying on us to test their software, because they do have their own internal beta testing team (as they should) doing most of the work. Why we can’t chip in to help them? Boggles the mind!

Seriously people, you have a person willing to help you out with a problem that YOU are experiencing. Not only that, but he is NOT experiencing this automation issue and yet he’s the one trying the hardest to find a solution here? Unbelievable!

This is the first time I’ve seen people being reluctant to be helped, or help a software company find a bug, in a user forum. Sigh...

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme | Intel Core i9 10900K (OC'ed to ~5 GHz) | 128GB of RAM | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti Gaming | Corsair iCUE H100i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Studio One 5 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
by sebastianholtzer on Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 am
Jose7822 wroteI’m reading this thread in kind of disbelief, lol.

On the one hand you have a guy who doesn’t want to share a generic (NOT PERSONAL MUSIC) Studio One project file that demonstrates the “automation bug” because he’s afraid of sharing too much information, yet he’s asking where people are from. Talking about invasion of privacy. Plus, how’s THAT gonna help?

And then you have another guy having issues with users helping Presonus find a bug. Why the heck can’t users help a company find a bug in their software out of their own free will? I fail to see what’s wrong with this. It’s not like Presonus is solely relying on us to test their software, because they do have their own internal beta testing team (as they should) doing most of the work. Why we can’t chip in to help them? Boggles the mind!

Seriously people, you have a person willing to help you out with a problem that YOU are experiencing. Not only that, but he is NOT experiencing this automation issue and yet he’s the one trying the hardest to find a solution here? Unbelievable!

This is the first time I’ve seen people being reluctant to be helped, or help a software company find a bug, in a user forum. Sigh...

Come one. I gave it a few times (only updated files) to Jpetitt from PreSonus. Jpetit said it`s too complex and too large and I believe that, cause I know what I`ve written. I can give it to him of course. But it would make much more sense if someone else with a much smaller file than mine would do that. Wdkbeats and Erich seems to have smaller files.

And yes I know what will happen. He`ll load up the file and will leave a message here which says: "All is fine. I don`t have the issue on my system."
Read Official 4.0.0 Thread please. Lisarowe has the same issue but there it`s related to VCA Fader she uses. So on every System it seems this Bug is caused by a different thing.
As far as I can remember, I read in the Forum that some People (I think it was at least one) tested others files and did not had this issue on their System. Correct me if I`m wrong but I´m sure that I could remind that.

If there`s still no one who wants to share I will. Strom can`t, Wdkbeats wants his sending to PreSonus so that only Eric is left but he has`nt answered yet. I don`t know why. I´m still waiting for a message.
by Jose7822 on Mon May 28, 2018 9:15 am
sebastianholtzer wroteCome one. I gave it a few times (only updated files) to Jpetitt from PreSonus. Jpetit said it`s too complex and too large and I believe that, cause I know what I`ve written. I can give it to him of course. But it would make much more sense if someone else with a much smaller file than mine would do that. Wdkbeats and Erich seems to have smaller files.

And yes I know what will happen. He`ll load up the file and will leave a message here which says: "All is fine. I don`t have the issue on my system."
Read Official 4.0.0 Thread please. Lisarowe has the same issue but there it`s related to VCA Fader she uses. So on every System it seems this Bug is caused by a different thing.
As far as I can remember, I read in the Forum that some People (I think it was at least one) tested others files and did not had this issue on their System. Correct me if I`m wrong but I´m sure that I could remind that.

If there`s still no one who wants to share I will. Strom can`t, Wdkbeats wants his sending to PreSonus so that only Eric is left but he has`nt answered yet. I don`t know why. I´m still waiting for a message.

It is very obvious to me that you’ve never done beta testing for a software company, and that’s fine. But you need to understand that a lot of times finding a bug is a process of elimination. So what if another person using your project file ends up not experiencing the bug? That’s still useful information that can help narrow down the culprit.

Also, when you beta test, you don’t send an entire project to the developer, or anyone for that matter. It’s not very useful, unless you have (or don’t know) any other way to showcase the bug. In the latter case, then of course don’t send your personal music to other people. Ideally, what you do is try to recreate the bug in a clean, and simple, project. Then you submit clear and concise steps for others to replicate it. That way people can recreate it and the developers can track the problem without wasting time looking for a needle in a haystack.

Unfortunately, this bug seems to only affect a few people so you guys are the ones who need to come up with a project that clearly shows the issue. OR live with the workaround of having to sit through the export process, wiggling the export window, to make sure that everything renders correctly. I’m not having ANY issues with automation, so it’s in you guy’s hands :-).

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme | Intel Core i9 10900K (OC'ed to ~5 GHz) | 128GB of RAM | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti Gaming | Corsair iCUE H100i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Studio One 5 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
by sebastianholtzer on Mon May 28, 2018 10:37 am
Jose7822 wrote
sebastianholtzer wroteCome one. I gave it a few times (only updated files) to Jpetitt from PreSonus. Jpetit said it`s too complex and too large and I believe that, cause I know what I`ve written. I can give it to him of course. But it would make much more sense if someone else with a much smaller file than mine would do that. Wdkbeats and Erich seems to have smaller files.

It is very obvious to me that you’ve never done beta testing for a software company, and that’s fine. But you need to understand that a lot of times finding a bug is a process of elimination. So what if another person using your project file ends up not experiencing the bug? That’s still useful information that can help narrow down the culprit.

Also, when you beta test, you don’t send an entire project to the developer, or anyone for that matter. It’s not very useful, unless you have (or don’t know) any other way to showcase the bug. In the latter case, then of course don’t send your personal music to other people. Ideally, what you do is try to recreate the bug in a clean, and simple, project. Then you submit clear and concise steps for others to replicate it. That way people can recreate it and the developers can track the problem without wasting time looking for a needle in a haystack.

Unfortunately, this bug seems to only affect a few people so you guys are the ones who need to come up with a project that clearly shows the issue. OR live with the workaround of having to sit through the export process, wiggling the export window, to make sure that everything renders correctly. I’m not having ANY issues with automation, so it’s in you guy’s hands :-).

Forgive me, but I am just a little, private person, who never had interest in testing beta-software.
I did this only one time and this was for a video-game. So please be patient cause I`m the wrong guy for it. I am happy you said this does`nt matter.
I did a complete rebuild and much more so I`m sick of it, you know. I was happy I could mixdown and finish this track a time ago.
If Eric does`nt give any respond till tomorrow i`ll PM Jdurham tomorrow and give him a file.
I`m just thinking about what would be best for him to hear for what`s missing. Initialising all could make it hard for him to hear. I`m even thinking about giving him an unchanged file.

Btw.: Privacy is somewhat different in my country than yours because data protection belongs to our fundamental right in our law. So please think about it. I was not grown up in your country ;)
And at least I think even you would thought about, what you give away and what not to a foreigner person on the other side of the world with different laws. Especially if you have a few things left to pay off.
by Jose7822 on Mon May 28, 2018 12:51 pm
sebastianholtzer wroteForgive me, but I am just a little, private person, who never had interest in testing beta-software.
I did this only one time and this was for a video-game. So please be patient cause I`m the wrong guy for it. I am happy you said this does`nt matter.
I did a complete rebuild and much more so I`m sick of it, you know. I was happy I could mixdown and finish this track a time ago.
If Eric does`nt give any respond till tomorrow i`ll PM Jdurham tomorrow and give him a file.
I`m just thinking about what would be best for him to hear for what`s missing. Initialising all could make it hard for him to hear. I`m even thinking about giving him an unchanged file.

Btw.: Privacy is somewhat different in my country than yours because data protection belongs to our fundamental right in our law. So please think about it. I was not grown up in your country ;)
And at least I think even you would thought about, what you give away and what not to a foreigner person on the other side of the world with different laws. Especially if you have a few things left to pay off.

I completely understand you on both NOT wanting to beta test software, as well as not sharing sensitive information with strangers. Perhaps you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying here.

Again, no one here is asking for anyone to share their music projects with strangers. This has been stated a few times already. What is being asked for are project files with MINIMUM data that shows the bug, along with the steps needed to reproduce it. In fact, it is more helpful to try to reproduce the problem in a project file started from zero, than it is in a project file with hundreds of tracks and data. If you need to have audio files included in the project in order to reproduce the bug, then use random audio files of whatever you want. You don’t have to include your actual recorded tracks. The same applies to MIDI. Upload the file to your preferred cloud or online storage site and post the link here. Doing this won’t violate your privacy protection laws.

Hope this is more clear :-).

by Jose7822 on Mon May 28, 2018 1:06 pm
And, btw, you don’t have to share anything if you don’t want to, or if you don’t feel comfortable doing so. BUT, if you want to help resolve the issue, then doing so would be very helpful to Presonus (especially given that this bug is not widespread, for lack of a better term).

by bassfx on Mon May 28, 2018 5:05 pm
Sigh. This is one of the most frustrating threads I've been part of in a long time.

Anyway, I'm still here if someone wants to post a file that has the automation problem for me to test out on different hardware to see if I can replicate it here. The sooner we can replicate the problem, the sooner we can create a detailed, repeatable recipe for the developers to examine, and the sooner it can be fixed.

Again, please don't post personal or copyright things in your file, etc. No one is asking for that. Just a generic file that has the automation issue. No need to PM me -- please just post the file here in the thread. The more people that can test it, the better.

OR, if you don't want to post the file for some well-meaning strangers to test here in the forum, I humbly encourage you to contact Presonus and send THEM the file, and then follow up with them.

Again, so far I have NOT had the problem, but I still want to help. Although I will admit, I'm surprised no one has been willing to post a file with the problem yet. But I do believe you if you are having the problem. And I also believe it is rare and elusive, and obviously very hard to replicate.

Again, for me to test it, please limit your file to plugins by 2CAudio, AAS, Cytomic, Eventide, Exponential Audio, FabFilter, iZotope, Native Instruments, PSP, Rob Papen, Spectrasonics, Steinberg, Synpase Audio, Synchro Arts, U-he and Waves -- if you use those plugins, there's a good chance I'll have your plugin. I don't have everything, but a lot of them.

Until someone posts a file with the problem to test, I'll bow out of commenting in this thread for now. I think I've said my point of view over and over and I think I'm getting redundant and now wasting space. Whatever happens, I hope the problem is resolved for all of us!
by soupiraille on Mon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm
nVidia drivers has an option called "threaded optimization" in the control panel: by default it's on AUTO. Try to set it either ON or OFF and see if it helps. People tend to force it to OFF anyways.

፨ Studio One Professional 5.2
፨ Windows 10 x64 (1709)
፨ Intel i9-7980XE
፨ 32 GB RAM
by sebastianholtzer on Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 am
jdurham wroteAgain, for me to test it, please limit your file to plugins by 2CAudio, AAS, Cytomic, Eventide, Exponential Audio, FabFilter, iZotope, Native Instruments, PSP, Rob Papen, Spectrasonics, Steinberg, Synpase Audio, Synchro Arts, U-he and Waves -- if you use those plugins, there's a good chance I'll have your plugin. I don't have everything, but a lot of them.

!

Impossible.
by tyka on Thu May 31, 2018 12:00 pm
That should have been addressed already!

I also wonder why the pre and post fader meters aren't available STILL in studio one?! Every DAW has that!
by jpettit on Thu May 31, 2018 11:22 pm
This is the best we have on this topic:

To summarize:
1) Windows only
2) Power Saving options ALL off
3) Experiment with nVida "threaded optimization" set to off

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by santeripilli on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 am
Jose7822 wrote-CLIP-

Of course you or anyone can do whatever you want. Heck do I care. I've done my part, until I realized it's never getting better. I'm merely stating an opinion: the culture that is being promoted here is not good ethics per Presonus' side. You see, according to my experience as a suffering Studio One v3 user, I wouldn't bet on Presonus having ANY beta-testing team.

If they do, I'd love to have a word with one. We'll have a lot to talk about.

- Santeri,
the guy who's seen "Studio One has quit unexpectedly"-sign more times than you've eaten a loaf of bread this decade

Apple MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011):
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR RAM, 500 GB HD (7200 RPM),
OSX version 10.12.4. (Sierra),

Interface: TC Electronic Konnekt 6 FireWire

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).

125 postsPage 5 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7