84 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
HI, How do you disconnect Vienna Ensemble - I'm also using that as well. Hope you can help.

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by joeypinter-bilek on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 am
where is the download link?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP ENVY m7 Notebook
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 11.9 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.2 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB

INTERFACE/ ROLAND QUAD-CAPTURE
by Fosforic on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 am
Really weird but since I installed this update I ran into the unique plugin instantiation limit again. Which presonus had solved way back. Anyone else experienced this?

|| PreSonus Studio One 4.6.1 Professional ||

|| Windows 10 x64: Gigabyte z390 Designare, Intel Core i9 9900k, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb RAM, Samsung Evo 970 m.2 ||
|| Macbook Pro late 2011, 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 Gb RAM ||

|| Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 || Yamaha CS1x || Roland FP-7 || Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro || SE 2200a || Shure SM7b || UAD-2 Octo || Presonus Faderport 16 || Alesis vi61 || Crane Song Avocet 2 || Genelec 8040 BPM || X-Keys EK-68 Jog/Shuttle || X-Keys EK-24 || Stream Deck ||
by codyfleetwood on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 pm
The release notes state: "Support for DAW remote control from PreSonus StudioLive series III mixers"

Is this still only with the beta firmware for the StudioLive 32 Series III mixer? When will this be finished? I was sold this mixer with the idea that it came with DAW support yet it's been months and still only has beta functionality with multiple issues. I want to like this mixer, but it's been nothing but a waiting game for a stable release. Any news?
by Steelkat on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am
musicchamber wroteHI, How do you disconnect Vienna Ensemble - I'm also using that as well. Hope you can help.

The way I do it is go to the page in VEPRO that lists the instance(s) I have running. The ones I have connected show as "connected" in parentheses beside the instance name. If I right-click on the instance name I am given the option to "Force Disconnect Instance".

Hope this helps...

OSX 10.11.5, 2009 Mac Pro, Apogee Symphony I/O
by jpettit on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 am
Fosforic wroteReally weird but since I installed this update I ran into the unique plugin instantiation limit again. Which presonus had solved way back. Anyone else experienced this?

Tell us more.
Do you mean you get an error on the boot up sequence?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Fosforic on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:21 pm
jpettit wroteTell us more.

If you take a look at this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=15408

This is exactly what happens. The weird thing is that presonus fixed this issue in a previous version. But for some reason now it's back.

|| Windows 10 x64: Gigabyte z390 Designare, Intel Core i9 9900k, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb RAM, Samsung Evo 970 m.2 ||

|| Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 || Yamaha CS1x || Roland FP-7 || Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro || SE 2200a || Shure SM7b || UAD-2 Octo || Presonus Faderport 16 || Alesis vi61 || Crane Song Avocet 2 || Genelec 8040 BPM || X-Keys EK-68 Jog/Shuttle || X-Keys EK-24 || Stream Deck ||
by jpettit on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:47 pm
Fosforic wrote
jpettit wroteTell us more.

If you take a look at this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=15408

This is exactly what happens. The weird thing is that presonus fixed this issue in a previous version. But for some reason now it's back.

They did not fix that issue. It is a Microsoft limit to a maximum of 128 linked .dll files. They improved it a bit.

There is another thread around here that Niles linked a Fruit Loops plugins that will count your plugins against that limit.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by HHSAS on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 am
codyfleetwood wroteThe release notes state: "Support for DAW remote control from PreSonus StudioLive series III mixers"

Is this still only with the beta firmware for the StudioLive 32 Series III mixer? When will this be finished? I was sold this mixer with the idea that it came with DAW support yet it's been months and still only has beta functionality with multiple issues. I want to like this mixer, but it's been nothing but a waiting game for a stable release. Any news?

Well I join you on this topic as it really is a major issue and i really don't understand how this can last so long (a year !!!). I have posted a question regarding the fact that I not only need it to work with Studio One (in a way that's probably easier) but also on ProTools (ok that's a competitor but unavoidable in our profession). Protools detects the Studiolive III but no way to make it work with the DAW (unless I missed something).

No answer till now and this sounds really bad from Presonus team. At least give us some news. :thumbdown:
by jpettit on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:54 am
HHSAS wrote
codyfleetwood wroteThe release notes state: "Support for DAW remote control from PreSonus StudioLive series III mixers"

Well I join you on this topic as it really is a major issue and i really don't understand how this can last so long (a year !!!). I have posted a question regarding the fact that I not only need it to work with Studio One (in a way that's probably easier) but also on ProTools (ok that's a competitor but unavoidable in our profession). Protools detects the Studiolive III but no way to make it work with the DAW (unless I missed something).

No answer till now and this sounds really bad from Presonus team. At least give us some news. :thumbdown:

Have you been part of the DAW mode beta for the last two months?

by codyfleetwood on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:32 am
jpettit wrote
HHSAS wrote

Have you been part of the DAW mode beta for the last two months?

I have ran the beta since the day it was released. It isn't complete. It isn't that I mind beta testing, I work in a computer science field where beta software is typical. However, it's been over six months that I've had a product that was sold with a feature that it doesn't have. I was just asking a general question as to what that line in the release notes specifically meant. No ill intentions. :) If I'm not going to be able to use the DAW mode as it was advertised, I'll definitely end up returning the mixer and getting something with a bit better audio quality. The audio quality was definitely a compromise in order to have a fully featured DAW controller.
by garyanderson5 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:00 pm
Fosforic wroteReally weird but since I installed this update I ran into the unique plugin instantiation limit again. Which presonus had solved way back. Anyone else experienced this?

Its more of a Windows and third party plugin problem than anything else. Presonus and Steinberg have done well to help but DAW companies are not responsable for this problem from what i have read. There is loads of complaints about this on various forums. There is a limitation on the Windows platform of how many DLLs depending on the statically-linked C runtime library.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... on-Windows

I dont know anything about code but i understand how this works. There is a nifty little app here that can count your unique plugin count based on FLS slots you have. Load the FLS plugin on your master bus, load some plugins and refresh the the FLS plugin and you will see how it works. Hope this helps. ;)

http://planetnine.jp/wp/2018/03/25/fls-checker/

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by leosutherland on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:26 pm
Hi All

Just updated my DAW machine to 3.5.6. I'm very glad to report I have seen no problems so far with this upgrade

Yay to that! :D

On the other hand, I'm still starting to learn how to use S1 :roll:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.6
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4 etc ad nauseam

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, Maschine 3

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by multifederal on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:43 am
leosutherland wrote Yay to that! :D

On the other hand, I'm still starting to learn how to use S1 :roll:

I'll say that it's worth it to learn it, it's got it where it counts. It's solid, unique (in a pro way) and highly usable. The S1 developers have been consistent in adding refinement and usability, and also efficiency in the engine, the only thing that bugs me is the bugs👹

If the S1 developers can squash the bugs, there is no better DAW IMO for usability. And FTR Cubase and others don't even come close. Some people love Reaper, some people love Pro Tools, but yeah I say S1 has the Brooklyn Bounce.
Last edited by multifederal on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
by leosutherland on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:52 am
:shock:

Erm, brookly bounce?

Dare I ask? :)

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.6
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4 etc ad nauseam

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, Maschine 3

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by Fosforic on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:05 pm
garyanderson5 wrote

Hope this helps. ;)

http://planetnine.jp/wp/2018/03/25/fls-checker/

Yes it does. Thanks a lot. :thumbup:

by multifederal on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:15 am
leosutherland wrote:shock:

Erm, brookly bounce?

Dare I ask? :)

Oops, I mean't 'the Brooklyn Bounce'

General phrase/expression in my circles, even though I don't live in America
by jimmymcguire on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 am
I can't get sound out of my rig. I'm running a Soundcraft MTK22 into Studio One 3.5.6 on a Macbook Pro. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing. As well, there is nothing online with this mix of machinery. Any ideas?
by Rick Bell on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 am
So, if S1 3.5.1.43560 pro is working pretty good for me, (besides the everyday re-activating!) on win 10 64bit, what would I benefit from updating, in view of all the 'new' issues that get posted?

What am I missing by not updating?

Rick Bell

WIN 10 Home
AMD 3.2, 16 GB RAM
Presonus Studio One 6
Presonus Studio 1810C
Faderport 2018
NHT Pro monitors
Yamaha MOx8
Line 6 JTV Variax e. gtr.
Fender Tele
Epiphone Riviera
Line 6 PODXT
Bellari 2 channel Tube Preamp
CAD Trion 8000 Mic
CAD Equitek Lrg. Diaphram Mic
Native Instruments Komplete 11
ADAT machines
various other stuff
by Funkybot on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 pm
Rick Bell wroteSo, if S1 3.5.1.43560 pro is working pretty good for me, (besides the everyday re-activating!) on win 10 64bit, what would I benefit from updating, in view of all the 'new' issues that get posted?

What am I missing by not updating?

If you're worried, install it to a different directory. That will let you run the new and old versions in parallel.

If you're really curious about what you're missing, then read the release notes for the last few releases. Some are stickied at the top of this forum.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments

84 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5