12 posts
Page 1 of 1
hello

i have been an avid user of studio one since v2, lately i have noticed some major major anomaly ruining the entire music composition experience & work flow i was having using latest version of studio one (v3.5.xx) on windows 10, in this case i have experienced, after some time, that some recorded audio will VANISH and will STOP TO SOUND during playback, for an UNKNOWN REASON that has never happened ever before..

the recorded .wav/audio is physically THERE, on the drive as a file and it was playing before.. and it plays entirely fine within the BROWSER/POOL button as audio take...

but after some moment, it will cease to play in the whole playback, seriously i have never seen anything like that before

W*T*F?!!

after experiencing further, the what produces this audio disappearance is the AUDIO BEND TOOL and the way how works the audio BEND/QUANTIZE/timestretch tool, it does have a MAJOR FLAW and its TOTALLY BUGGED!

has anyone ever experienced this kind of thing before§????? thanks

WIN 10 Pro x64 / i9-10900KF / 64gb DDR4 / ASUS Rog Strix Z490 / SAMSUNG SSD / Nvidia 3090RTX / 3x UAD2 QUAD / Antelope Zen Go
by Bbd on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:07 pm
Before you go pointing at S1 as the issue, you need to give us some more info.
What are your specs?
We have to say this to anyone that has an issue to start to narrow down the problem.

You also need to try to make steps we can follow to reproduce the issue exactly.

Sometimes, it may be something on your end that you didn't think about. If it is a bug, then others may have already reported it.

So, to help, please stop with the "bleep" and try to give us some helpful information about your setup!

Much thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Verhext on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 pm
my current specs are now in my profile's signature...

sorry, but it's going to be more than once that i'm experiencing this anomaly: a complete stop and loss of hearing of audio during playback, and i can confirm it this is something to do with AUDIO TIME/STRETCHING & QUANTIZE... i have meddled / fiddled with the audio track in the AUDIO EDIT window by adding/removing hitpoints... and trying different ways of audio QUANTIZE... the audio playback was suddenly reappearing and playing fine and then disappearing again... with cracks and clicks as i was changing parameters. i had to click and change audio time stretching algorythm to MONO instrument to have it playing (a simple bass i have recorded)... this has never happened before, that's why im in here to complain about that... it literary comes out of nowhere! i have tried to record a video of that bug, but because that stupid nvidia shadowplay bullcrap doesnt record the audio device that is being played while being hijacked by S1, unfortunately the crucial moment of disappearing audio has not been captured in that video :( so next time, im gonna record that using my SMARTPHONE and will post it here !! this is a newly introduced bug to S1 that wasnt here before, it happens when you fiddle & play around with hitpoints/a,alyze and apply QUANTIZE on an audio track you would have recorded, in my case it is a simple BASS/mono track.. next time this bug happens, i will record it on my phone and will post it for your pleasure!!

WIN 10 Pro x64 / i9-10900KF / 64gb DDR4 / ASUS Rog Strix Z490 / SAMSUNG SSD / Nvidia 3090RTX / 3x UAD2 QUAD / Antelope Zen Go
by jpettit on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:58 pm
More important tell us much more about the situation.

Can you replicate it on your system with a simple test file with one track?

Have you tried to make a copy of the song for debug and remove plugins to see if it is related?

Have you tried to regenerate your cache files via the performance window?

Are you doing anything else to he files like bouncing or apply Melodyne etc?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by tommyjee on Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 am
I have the same issue. I can still hear the metronome, and I can still hear my instrument when I play on it, but every form of playback disappears suddenly. When I hit play again it appears for a tenth of a second before it disappears again. This issue has suddenly presented itself without any changes in setup.
by robertgray3 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 am
Probably post a new thread. The OP, despite the frustrated tone, was talking a real bug that was specific To 3.5 and has (mostly) been fixed.

Your issue sounds a little different, and posting a video of it would help a lot

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by terrywilliamsii on Wed May 18, 2022 2:17 pm
Hi, I have the same exact problem he has. I have S1v5, recently upgraded. I'm using two quantum 2626's stacked as one aggregate device. I've got a new drum recording going and I've lost my kick drum on playback. File still exists, nothing has changed. I can see the wave on the edit screen. Its gone. I can get the sound back by switching the track to channel mode, but as soon as I stop the playback, the audio is gone again upon the next playback. It even renders the track out of the mix down on render. Super frustrating. I have not applied any for of audio bending or quantizing like the OP. This is just straight off the recording. It was working fine, and then it wasn't.
by PreAl on Wed May 18, 2022 8:27 pm
terrywilliamsii wroteHi, I have the same exact problem he has. I have S1v5, recently upgraded. I'm using two quantum 2626's stacked as one aggregate device. I've got a new drum recording going and I've lost my kick drum on playback. File still exists, nothing has changed. I can see the wave on the edit screen. Its gone. I can get the sound back by switching the track to channel mode, but as soon as I stop the playback, the audio is gone again upon the next playback. It even renders the track out of the mix down on render. Super frustrating. I have not applied any for of audio bending or quantizing like the OP. This is just straight off the recording. It was working fine, and then it wasn't.

May have similar symptoms but sounds like a totally different issue to me. Please see comment above yours.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by terrywilliamsii on Thu May 19, 2022 3:52 am
I created a new song and imported all the original tracks and started over on the mix. got the kick back, but still really a weird issue.

with the original mix, I tried deleting all inserts and starting from dry signal. I still had the issue with the kick. I imported the files to different tracks and the same thing was happening on the new tracks. this is when I create a new song.

I'm stumped as to why it was happening or why I had to create a new song to get the problem to stop. End result: its fixed, but its a really weird thing to have happen.

A similar issue is happening with one of my other tracks, except I'm losing playback on my toms every time I make an edit to any of the tracks. I have to save, close the file, reopen, and they come back. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but once again, very odd...
by Tacman7 on Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Troubleshooting can be difficult. The old rule of try everything but only do one thing at a time works pretty well.

On the edit menu is History. After you get to something not working right step backwards and examine each action until you're back where you started. Then you can go forward and see when it happens etc.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by terrywilliamsii on Fri May 20, 2022 1:37 pm
Ive read all the responses and nobody is giving any real suggestions related to the problem. I literally deleted every single edit and started with the dry tracks and it still does the same thing. Now its doing it with different songs. I've got a brand new M1 Mac with an 8 core processor and 400% the recommended RAM to run studio one. If I don't get some suggestions on what to try I'm going to assume your product is a buggy piece of garbage and buy something else. What in the blue hell could possibly cause a track to not playback with the rest of the tracks, then you close out of the program and open it up and it plays back one single time and then not again once you hit the stop button? If there is a feature that studio one offers that causes tracks to do that, I might suggest that's a terrible feature and you should get rid of it! Can someone give me a viable answer that may lead me in the correct direction to fixing this stupid issue? Plllllleeeeeeaaaaassssseeee! Really just want to run a studio over here.
by PreAl on Fri May 20, 2022 3:16 pm
terrywilliamsii wroteIve read all the responses and nobody is giving any real suggestions related to the problem. I literally deleted every single edit and started with the dry tracks and it still does the same thing. Now its doing it with different songs. I've got a brand new M1 Mac with an 8 core processor and 400% the recommended RAM to run studio one. If I don't get some suggestions on what to try I'm going to assume your product is a buggy piece of garbage and buy something else. What in the blue hell could possibly cause a track to not playback with the rest of the tracks, then you close out of the program and open it up and it plays back one single time and then not again once you hit the stop button? If there is a feature that studio one offers that causes tracks to do that, I might suggest that's a terrible feature and you should get rid of it! Can someone give me a viable answer that may lead me in the correct direction to fixing this stupid issue? Plllllleeeeeeaaaaassssseeee! Really just want to run a studio over here.

I did recommend you start your own thread rather that piggy back on somebody else's thread (well I wrote see previous comment which says that), this thread is old and started in 2018, many of the issues have been resolved (if you go through this thread). That way you can get a better response tailored to your own needs, your issue is clearly different. You have also been asked to put your full specs in your signature.

BTW we are all customers here, you can talk to Presonus about their "garbage products" by creating support ticket. You want one answer - audio interface drivers, what you explain is a major part of driver functionality.. But that is an educated guess out of the blue, if you had your own thread I and others could ask you more specific questions that could perhaps get to the bottom of it,.asking you how your drivers are set up is an obvious question, but I won't partake any further on this thread.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1