9 posts
Page 1 of 1
As title suggests, is it possible to "NOT" have record automatically enabled when "Instrument Input Follows Selection" is checked? am I missing any other options? Thanks in advance :-)

Also, just a little, but annoying gripe, when using the search for vsts, why doesn't the search box hold its focus? since I have a lot of plugins esp waves, sometimes its quicker to search, but more often than not the search field goes out focus and I end up accidentally activating keyboard shortcuts!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by Bbd on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:04 pm
Record is automatically enabled with the option.

On my end, Search does hold its focus. I can simply type in "Waves" and without pressing Enter, I see the filtered results. Don't know why you are losing focus.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by markrobotham on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:54 am
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for answering.

I added a feature request here if anyone's interested regarding the record option

http://answers.presonus.com/26328/optio ... monitoring

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by robertgray3 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:36 am
Bbd wroteOn my end, Search does hold its focus. I can simply type in "Waves" and without pressing Enter, I see the filtered results. Don't know why you are losing focus.

Unfortunately there are some focus issues with S1’s search bars. The one that I’ve run into and reported mostly happens in the main Browser window (the one that opens in new projects). In my case, the tag suggestion window steals focus from the search bar if you use backspace to delete your search query and start a new search. This is an issue that support told me multiple users have reported to QA. Jury’s still out on whether it’s scheduled for fixing but I’m optimistic :)

Here’s an example of what we’re talking about. I keep pressing backspace in the search field and eventually I start deleting events in the Arrange window, without changing my focus.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by markrobotham on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 pm
RE: Search focus: I often use the search in the channel inspector and many times it looses focus and I end up activation shortcut keys.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by robertgray3 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:09 pm
I haven't noticed it there before, would love to see if I can duplicate the behavior and let Support know if they aren't already aware. Can you show a screen capture of what is happening there, maybe with software such as LICE Cap?

One idiosyncrasy I've noticed with the effects insert search is that pressing enter is a little counter-intuitive at times as it does two things: removes the focus from the search bar, and inserts a plugin only if that plugin is highlighted by the mouse cursor or other means. It doesn't add the top search result like other programs. You can get around this by pressing the down arrow and then enter.

I actually just made a FR to address this situation. It's a small little improvement and obviously not a big ticket item but vote if you'll find it helpful: Pressing Return While Searching For Effects Inserts Should Insert the Top Search Result

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:42 pm
markrobotham wroteRE: Search focus: I often use the search in the channel inspector and many times it looses focus and I end up activation shortcut keys.

Was this improved at all with the 3.5.6 update?

From the change log:

• Search text field loses focus when result list is displayed

They just fixed the “backspace takes focus from search fields” issue, as far as I can tell. So I’m following up on your issue since you and a lot of people mentioned it.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by markrobotham on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:12 pm
It still loses focus for me, but only when you first open the search box (channel inspector) for example type just one character it loses focus, backspace after typing one character, again loses focus. Refocus by clicking mouse in text box and seems to be ok from then on, until you open the search again. IMO it should remain in focus until you've finished with it.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by robertgray3 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:51 am
You'll have to post a video of that but maybe it's down to a Windows vs Mac thing - I can't get that behavior to happen on Mac even though my system had the backspace issue in the search fields on 3.5.5.

It sounds like (from how you described it) that you're not typically using the Search Field text box for searches? If you're just clicking the Plus Sign for Add Insert and then typing in a plugin name, I noticed backspace seems to get rid of the whole Add Insert window entirely on my Mac system. It strikes me as an intentional way to exit out of the menu altogether. That's why I always click the search text box first- so that I can backspace if I mispell or change my mind.

Now, having to click that box every time is annoying so I personally think this Feature Request is the best solution to all this, as it places the cursor in the text field by default when opening the add insert menu: Clicking the Insert Button Should Cursor in the Search Field by Default

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2

9 posts
Page 1 of 1