10 posts
Page 1 of 1
One of the things I find useful is that if you have a few simple chords tracked in your DAW, you can drag that clip into EZKeys and come up with a more sophisticated pattern.

This is something that has worked for me well enough in other DAWs, but for some reason I can't seem to do that in Studio One. When I try to drag a clip into EZ Keys, it looks like it will work, but the clip does not seem to get dragged in.

I am on Windows and it seems like a drag or Alt-drag would work, but neither of those seem to.
by Tacman7 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:07 am
Never been able to do that. I have to record it in, just takes a little longer.

I thought it was an EZkeys limitation.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Magic Russ on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:34 pm
I was sure I saw them doing that in one of the ToonTrack videos, probably in Logic, but I can't seem to find that one. This is something I used to do all the time in Sonar.
by niles on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:30 am
There's a FR, but unfortunately not many seem to need it. Drag Instrument Part as MIDI to VST (Instrument) from arrangement

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Magic Russ on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:31 am
Thanks for posting the FR. I upvoted.

The interesting thing is that some plugins will let you drag MIDI data from the browser to the VST. For example, you can drag a MIDI pattern from the browser into Jamstix 4, but you can't drag from a track into JS4.
by GB4double on Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 pm
3 years since this thread was created and still nothing. It's a worthy enough process, dragging midi on to a VST from the browser. Definitely works in other DAWS (FL for one lets you drag midi out the browser and into EZ Keys). Maybe it's because the folder is added as a search folder.

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Model: BIOSTAR TP67XE
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3299 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.4, 5/4/2012
SMBIOS: 2.7
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 16.3 GB
Audio: Komplete Audio 6 WDM Audio
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (v. 9.18.13.3788)
by lawajava on Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 am
I am still able to do that drag the MIDI clip from a track in Cakewalk and in Cubase to drag a midi clip into EZKeys. Which is like a “one click and drag motion” to accomplish.

But, I’m a dedicated Studio One user so I had to figure out a work-around. Which is more like three clicks, but works fine and I do it all the time.

First, I always have my Studio One songs saved in a folder per song. Second, within that folder for each song I always add a folder called MIDI Exports. This is handy when moving MIDI from Studio One to any other application.

Third, in Studio One I right click the MIDI event I would want to drag into EZ Keys and click the Export Selection option. I save that file into the song’s Midi Exports folder and use a file name that easily identifies the clip name.

Fourth, in EZ Keys under the right menu I can then select import and this allows to bring in the Midi clip to EZ Keys.

Fortunately this only is a process for getting the Midi clip out of Studio One. We can still simply drag the clip from EZ Keys into the Studio One song when moving the midi in that direction.

So there is also a nice thing - we can simply drag midi from EZ Keys to a Studio One track.

Going the other way, from Studio One to EZ Keys - the Export Midi clip from Studio One really only introduces just a click or two from the drag Midi process we’d hope for, and becomes quite a non issue once you’ve given it a try.
Last edited by lawajava on Wed May 19, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro latest, Macbook Pro M3 Max, 64GB. 10TB SSD. Babyface Pro audio interface. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, NI Maschine Jam, NI Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S49 and S25, Guitars, Bass. Main mic is Shure SM7db.
by Tacman7 on Wed May 19, 2021 2:31 pm
You may not be able to drag midi to EZkeys but you can drag it to a track.

Hit the record button and play it and it gets into the plugin.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jBranam on Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 pm
yeah i was thinkin' you could put midi on another track and feed it to ezkeys then hit record on ezkeys and it should record the midi to the timeline in ezkeys.

also if you have the midi file that you want to feed to ezkeys you can always open ezkeys as a standalone outside of S1 and import the midi part into ezkeys then save as a project. when back in S1 you can open the project in ezkeys you just saved.

as the saying goes... "there is more than one way to skin a cat" i know it is not the simplest way of doing things especially to those addicted to 'immediate satisfaction' these days but in the end it gets the job done and that is all that really counts :)

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Robert Johnson III on Thu May 20, 2021 1:44 am
FR Upvoted.

Drag a midi clip to the files tab (where your song is) Hold option to save it as a midi file. Drag to Toontrack product

MacMini M2 Pro
Memory: 16 GB
OS X latest version
Apollo X6 Thunderbolt
Studio One Pro latest version

https://open.spotify.com/album/5DQ0uQnTPGAQH4rmaNboE8?si=DH54HeplSO2hVxPFLmUVNQ

10 posts
Page 1 of 1