1 post
Page 1 of 1
I just picked up a gen 1 Focusrite 18i20. I was or am still also a owner of the Firestudio Project. So here is the issue. I have installed, dowloaded and successfully got each item required for the Focusrite to work (Driver / Mix Control) If I open Studio One it keeps saying that the scarlett has been disconnected and should retry to connect. I keep pressing retry and nothing happens, same error message. In turn I cancel the message and once I reach the Main S1 Page I them manually select the 18i20 as my default interface. Everything then will work fine and I can go about my business. NOW..... say I would like to switch to Youtube, Windows Media Player and or Spotify for example I click play on either item I will hear a slight popping cracking noise through my monitors. There will also be a delay until the audio plays which kinda sucks but it means that it has captured the files and are playing them, I will then switch back to studio one (While applications are still open but not playing) and my DAW (Studio One) will say my interface has disconnected again and therefor have to manually reconnect the interface. This is more of a neusance then anything and annoying. I have enabled my background applications to produce audio via the options and settings. My interface (18i20) is set as my default sound output and input. I DID NOT have this issue with my Firestudio. Any ideas what might cause this? :cry:

1 post
Page 1 of 1