12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

I've got about 36 tracks, and there is one event per track. I selected all the events and dragged them into a folder on a browser.

What I wanted to happen was all the tracks created as wav format into this format, instead I only got 7 tracks tracks via audioloop format.

Here's a screenshot just before the files are created...

draganddrop.png

How do I resolve this?

Thanks..

NB - I have found a workaround, that is export one at a time.. however how can I do this with multiselect and get them all to export as wav?

Edit - Sadly the "workaround" still insists on exporting some tracks as audioloop rather than wav....

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Sorry to be a drag but I'm bumping. Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Tacman7 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm
They are all wav files to start with?

I thought that was what export stems did...

You had a thread about export stems didn't you?

Pg 171 in the reference manual I have

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by PreAl on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Tacman7 wroteThey are all wav files to start with?

I thought that was what export stems did...

You had a thread about export stems didn't you?

Pg 171 in the reference manual I have

All the tracks were recorded in studio one. No imports.
Track 1 always did the recording and when finished I moved the newly recorded event to a new track. I would then record again on track one and move the next event to another new track. Etc.

So I don't know why it's giving a different file format when I drag out to browser and export them. Bug?

by Tacman7 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm
What do you get when you export stems?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by PreAl on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm
Tacman7 wroteWhat do you get when you export stems?

Sorry for the late response.

Doing it from the menu produces wavs all the time, however doing it this way means though that all the wavs will start and finish at exactly the same place for each track (i.e. all tracks will be 15 mins or something). That doesn't happen when I drag and drop specific events. If you look at the screenshot you will notice each event contains a song (which I transferred from vinyl).

So rock and hard place.

1) Export stems produces wavs but I have no control over the duration (end point). I was attempting over on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=28623

2) Export via drag and drop gives me exactly what I want but the file format seems to a toss up (what this thread is about).

So topic is...

Why would drag and drop give me different file formats?? Each event was created exactly the same way (recorded from the same audio source which was my turntable).

by Tacman7 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:23 pm
When I drag a midi clip to the browser the default is midi loop or something.

If I want a .mid file I toggle the choice with the alt key while I'm dragging.

Maybe something similar for audio files?

Forum Moderator.

by PreAl on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:28 am
Tacman7 wroteWhen I drag a midi clip to the browser the default is midi loop or something.

If I want a .mid file I toggle the choice with the alt key while I'm dragging.

Maybe something similar for audio files?

I'm selecting a bunch of events and dragging them all at once in one sweep though. The file format still varies. I'll see if this works for one at a time though...

by niles on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:33 am
PreAl wroteWhy would drag and drop give me different file formats?? Each event was created exactly the same way (recorded from the same audio source which was my turntable).
Merged audio events (audio parts with the chain symbol in the left corner) will always be dropped as .audioloop* files. So first bounce your merged audio events prior to dragging them to the browser as .wav.

* these .audioloop files are basically .zip files with a .flac file in it and a .xml with audioloop slice info, which corresponds with the event regions within the part.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by PreAl on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:05 am
PreAl wroteWhy would drag and drop give me different file formats?? Each event was created exactly the same way (recorded from the same audio source which was my turntable).

niles wroteMerged audio events (audio parts with the chain symbol in the left corner) will always be dropped as .audioloop* files. So first bounce your merged audio events prior to dragging them to the browser as .wav.

* these .audioloop files are basically .zip files with a .flac file in it and a .xml with audioloop slice info, which corresponds with the event regions within the part.

That is exactly it - great - that sorts it out - thanks!

So another question, I'm not sure if anybody would know the answer, but why is this the expected behaviour? I don't ever want to use audio parts (I'm sure people using it will be fine). Is this behaviour logical?

Thanks...

by Skaperverket on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 am
Happy that this was finally solved. I was thinking of suggesting bouncing them before exporting, but I didn't have a proper explanation to why that would be needed. Niles to the rescue.

Re: merged audio events. I guess the behavior with export as .audioloop could be logical. I like to think of them as pages in a book. If the slices are pages, the merged events are folders for storing such pages temporarily and an exported wav file is a printed book, then it could make sense to let pages in a folder stay pages in a folder when you store them. If you have lots of little edits, the undoable merging function can be useful when trying to keep track of things. I guess the .audioloop is the closest native equivalent for exported files, so, yeah. Personally, I've yet to use .audioloops.
by Tacman7 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am
Audio Loops
Audio Loops are essentially Audio Parts tagged with a tempo and rendered with lossless compression. To create an Audio
Loop, drag any Audio Part to the File Browser. You can then see the Audio Loop listed, along with a drop-down arrow in
the Browser that, when clicked, reveals the Slices that the Audio Loop contains.
---------

I've read that a few times but it's not something I do so I'm not understanding it.

Forum Moderator.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1