87 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jpettit wroteSebastian

Unfortunately, Ari is too busy at the moment.

This could take you more than an hour just to get it down to a smaller set of tracks that have the issue.

I can move this thread to the German forum if you think it would give you more help from German-speaking users?

Isolation ist der Prozess der Eliminierung

You can of course move the thread. It`s your support - not mine.
I anyway expected a Message from him on Monday so let him have his Weekend.
But I think i`ve understand you.

jpettit wroteThis could take you more than an hour just to get it down to a smaller set of tracks that have the issue.

Isolation ist der Prozess der Eliminierung

I guess this is the answer to my question if i can/should start deleting the submixes i had not in the mix, when the first and only test at this stage of rebuilding was fine, right?

I`m going to start isolating these things right now. I´m not motivated cause i think if PreSonus said they thought they fixed it in 3.5.3 i`m having less hope that it`ll be fixed.
But OK. I go on now and have a look what happends. But as i said maybe a few mixdowns are working and, as i had, the fourth does not.
As long as i`ve read in the forum here there a few more persons, who got problems that even in the stem export automations are not working or tracks not applied.

Update:
It must be something wrong with these two submixes:
1. Harmonys
2. Mono Harmonys

After deleting these two Submixes, the Instrument Track "Synth AMB" at the "Melody" Submix reads his Cutoff, Velocity articulation, Pitch, Aftertouch and eveyrthing which was assigned to it and this was - like mentioned in the readme.txt - the Instrument Track which had always the same malfunction. Everything else seems to be fine and working. Even the Sample which was always affected with the Volume is fine.

So what`s now going on next? Is this enough for you to know?
As you can see in the Song File, the Area is really, really small now.
There`re 4 Instrument Tracks left, which include 9 Instruments and 34 Plugins. 16 of them are from PreSonus and One Instrument is from PreSonus too.
It can`t be the Brauer Motion Panner, because this one has identical Settings and Automation-Lanes for the BPM Parameter on the Instrument Tracks "Orchestra" and "Strings" at the "Melodys" Submix. Means that there are in real 10 Plugins and 4 Instrument`s left (because they are used again and again like Sylenth, Delay, Dimension Expander, DJMFIlter and so on..).
If you have a look at the file you see how i`m doing my bill now and what i`m talking about.

Can you and your Company fix this?

PS:
Maybe in your file the Instrument Track "Strings" was assigned to the "Harmonys" Submix. Please assign it back to "Melodys" and use the Send Effects at "Melodys" and delete the identical Send Effect copies (Doubler 2 and so one) at the "Harmonys" Submix. This was a Copy and Paste Error during rebuild by my side. Then you should have the same Console like me.
As you can see everything is neat, tidy and labeled so that you don`t have a mess like in Arrangements by other Musicians, so that you can find everything which is of course really needed for me and speeds up the process. I can`t do without it. But if you still need help to know i`ll give you of course help.

Edit:
I uploaded a new file with a new Link and sent it to you in a PM to make sure we`ve got identical files and you know for sure what i was talking about. Please check your PM. I also updatetd the whole readme.txt.

Think i`m out now cause all is in your hands.
by c_bomb on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 am
c_bomb wrote• Crash after Drag and Drop with plugins

Ari, does this address dragging and dropping plugins from the browser or dragging and dropping plugins from channel to channel?

Thanks

I'm still getting crashes when dragging Soundtoys VST and AU plugins from the browser.
by svenjeschke on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am
Same problem here. S1 quite frequently quits unexpectedly when dragging/dropping/activating/deactivating plugins. First I thought it was an AU issue so I deactivated AU support in the settings, but it happens with VST and VST3 plugins, too.

- - -

iMac Retina 4k late 2015
RME Babyface Pro
macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Studio One 3.5.5
by sebastianholtzer on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm
Hey jpettit,

i think maybe (hopefully) i found it.
The Track "Synth AMB" (u-he - Diva) was always hanging after it`s pitch down and then did not read what was assigned to it. But it was in the Melody Submix and the problems were gone after deleting the "Harmonys" Submixes as you know.

But I automated the Settings for the Range of Transpose back from 24 to 0 after the pitch down. I`m glad i can do that on that Synth. I had two fine Mixdowns now, but i shaked all the time the render box to prevent freezing, but someone in the forum wrote this does not help, so ok... the Synth even does not hanging anymore while mixing directly in SO3.

Is it possible, that this could be the big bad bug, even when it was not in the Harmonys Submixes? Or at least it was interacting with something in the Harmonys Submixes???

I`ll let you know if a few more mixdowns tomorrow are working or not.
by mixus on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:47 am
svenjeschke wroteSame problem here. S1 quite frequently quits unexpectedly when dragging/dropping/activating/deactivating plugins. First I thought it was an AU issue so I deactivated AU support in the settings, but it happens with VST and VST3 plugins, too.

Same thing here. Also here it will unexpectedly quit when just clicking the little piano icon on the track to open the VI Instrument GUI, and sometimes even when clicking on the event.

Studio One 4; Mac Mini i7; 16 GB RAM, Mojave
by jpettit on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 am
Please list the steps to reproduce the error.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sebastianholtzer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 pm
:thumbdown:

Again. I was not shaking the Box and again it failed by the third Mixdown a few minutes ago . So i think this was only luck i had before like i had a time ago.
Or it´s because i was shaking the box to prevent freezing.
by jpettit on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:16 pm
So it is not Synth AMB?

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sebastianholtzer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 pm
jpettit wroteSo it is not Synth AMB?

I think not but who knows? I'm not a Dev. I'll give up. Good luck. Maybe i come back in a few years but i'll have a look at the upcoming changelogs and this thread here. Bye, bye
by PreAl on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 am
?
You don't have to be a Dev to try and repro an issue.
You can rule stuff out for instance by removing plugins, you can also isolate areas by deleting tracks etc (obviously experiment with a copy the project).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by sebastianholtzer on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:06 am
PreAl wrote?
You don't have to be a Dev to try and repro an issue.
You can rule stuff out for instance by removing plugins, you can also isolate areas by deleting tracks etc (obviously experiment with a copy the project).

Hey man you`re funny. :)
I know that`s really true what you say but the real problem is:

It works two or three times and the next one does not work.
Then you realize that at least in one of this working ones, there is noize on a track like (for example) on my gated vocal. Means the one of the ones that seemed to work, has even issues too i did not recognized first. Means one or two are working and the next few one do not work.
This drives me really crazy and i was in psychiatry for nearly 3 years so i have problems with things like that if i`m stressed and believe i am stressed, cause i`m not happy. This is really a problem you know.
The first step (deleteing these two submixes) seemed to fix it but why? I tried to delete all FX Bus`in these two submixes then without any succes. Then it works and then not and everytime another thing is playing crazy. This is really a problem for me cause it makes me mad. I´m not sure if I should wait and hope or if i should leave and look for an other DAW.

But let me tell you that this DAW is like made for me and every other thing I saw is not my thing. It`s not all because Ableton is from Berlin but the problem is, that you even can tell that it`s from Berlin. I had a look at Reaper. The only thing i really liked was the Skin Feature. Have a look what they did with Reason. Is Reason now what Reason was made for? No it`s not. It`s confusing more than ever. You mean Logic is good? No it`s not, cause i hate Apple. They`re selling their cheapest Producuts for hundreds of euros here but benefit from a cheap labor and non-existent environmental laws and the result is that we get economic migrants and climate refugees here but our hippest green nerds buy their productus and think that apple does great Development Assistance for a better and equitable world. That`s lefty logic.
Should i buy Cubase? Really???!!! Carl Steinberg with his best Friend Udo Lindenberg, who wears always (red-)green socks and is a spiritual arsonist at every RgR concert??? Man come one...this guy is driving a Porsche but makes best Friends with Antifa. The appearance is deceptive in Cubase too. Carls Programm is`nt a big deal if it does not crash and it`s definitely as colorful as lindenberg's views for germany. I don`t like it. There was a time where it was the standard next to logic. But look nowadays. Time is changing. I could tell about a few other DAW i saw but all don`t looked good and i feel that my trip i had was on this programme.

You can trust me if say that tried almost everything but i reached the point where i would like to smash my furniture and i can`t concentrate on this anymore because it makes mad. It`s working, and then it does not and then this repeats again like loop. I´m out. All i can do is hoping and waiting for the next changelog.
by sebastianholtzer on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 am
jpettit wroteSo it is not Synth AMB?

Today i had a look at the Cubase Forums after i saw at KVRAudio, that Steinberg updated their DAW a few days ago.

I found an interesting Post with an answer from Steinberg due to a Users Question, who had the Problem, that his Plug`Ins disappear. The answer from Steinberg was, that Windows only allows 128.dll Slots, and inside Cubase one Plug`In can make use of more than 3 Slots. Since Cubase 9 the Programm can handle less Slots. Anyway...one post below the OP one User said this Problem is well known in other DAW`s too.

You can read this post here: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=258&t=132981&sid=326a457e459ea94275399b3a3abb5508
but it`s in german, so maybe you`ve got to use translator for a few words.

My thought was that if his Plug`Ins disappear and my Mixdown is not working, maybe it`s because this limitation of windows? Could that be? Or is there a limitation inside of SO? Maybe that allows me to load Plugs but does`nt render them correctly when it`s overloaded?
So please be patient cause i asked if I should change my habits of doing music. No one said i should.
by Skaperverket on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 am
This slot limit you're talking about (FLS slots) is on Windows only, yes. Studio One is limited by them as well. I think the built-in effects used to take up such slots too in earlier versions of Studio One, but that PreSonus at one point changed how their internal effects were added, so in the current version only third party plugins are limited by this number. Arturia is known to consume lots of slots for their synths. So far Microsoft doesn't seem too eager to admit that this is something that they/it can be blamed for. From what I've understood, once you reach the limit, further third party plugins won't load, so I doubt that it would load for real-time and then stop working for rendering, but who knows? Digital is even weirder than analog sometimes.
by sebastianholtzer on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:49 am
Skaperverket wroteFrom what I've understood, once you reach the limit, further third party plugins won't load, so I doubt that it would load for real-time and then stop working for rendering, but who knows? Digital is even weirder than analog sometimes.

For me it sounds too that I won`t be able to load them in the Console, if the limit is reached. Maybe i get a Warning Box or something else. I don`t know. Does anybody know what happends when you`ve reached the limit at Windows? Can i load them or do i get a Message?

Skaperverket wroteThis slot limit you're talking about (FLS slots) is on Windows only, yes. Studio One is limited by them as well. I think the built-in effects used to take up such slots too in earlier versions of Studio One, but that PreSonus at one point changed how their internal effects were added, so in the current version only third party plugins are limited by this number.

Yes i saw a statement from PreSonus here: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210757986-Problem-with-songs-refusing-to-add-plug-ins-in-Studio-One-on-Windows

If it`s due to this, I mean why should I buy Apple then? I`m not the guy who drives Ferrari and lives in the Land of Snow while the girlfriend's head is on the lap. I dislike Apple. Is there something Apple can give me more than Microsoft`s Windows can? I even can`t change my Hardware and have to pay 89Euro`s for nearly every App as Apple User when it comes Recover Tools and stuff like that, or not?
by Skaperverket on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:31 am
sebastianholtzer wrote
Skaperverket wroteThis slot limit you're talking about (FLS slots) is on Windows only, yes. Studio One is limited by them as well. I think the built-in effects used to take up such slots too in earlier versions of Studio One, but that PreSonus at one point changed how their internal effects were added, so in the current version only third party plugins are limited by this number.

Yes i saw a statement from PreSonus here: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210757986-Problem-with-songs-refusing-to-add-plug-ins-in-Studio-One-on-Windows

If it`s due to this, I mean why should I buy Apple then? I`m not the guy who drives Ferrari and lives in the Land of Snow while the girlfriend's head is on the lap. I dislike Apple. Is there something Apple can give me more than Microsoft`s Windows can? I even can`t change my Hardware and have to pay 89Euro`s for nearly every App as Apple User when it comes Recover Tools and stuff like that, or not?

Thanks for the link!

Regarding Apple computers and macOS: I understand that you feel that they're overpriced and limited for upgrading, but it kind of depends on your needs. For audio use an iMac Pro is probably not fantastic value, but if you work with pictures and could use the fantastic screen and capable graphics card, it's actually the same value as building your own PC, and that's not really too bad. And not many PC laptops can beat a MacBook Pro for audio (even though the USB-C only thing was a bit too soon for my taste). When it comes to upgradability, you can't do much, that's true, but Intel or AMD aren't that much better: a motherboard/chipset will normally be compatible with two generations of CPUs, so the upgradability isn't very future proof for most of us anyway. And GPUs you usually don't have to upgrade for audio. And not many people working with audio need more than 16GB or max 32GB of RAM, so you can order what you need. You may like macOS or not, but Core Audio is actually pretty great, and you don't have a lot of DPC latency or limits for number of real-time multimedia threads. Less viruses too. And I find macOS easier to navigate when it comes to updating; Microsoft has become very insisting with their updates lately. After years and years on the Mac I recently decided to build a PC with Windows 10, and it's amazing how much power one can get nowadays, but I still think Apple and macOS is a better solution for musicians that just want to make music without thinking about computer stuff. There just is no easy answer, I guess, not even a Hackintosh; one still can't have everything unless one does some work or is willing to pay extra for someone else to solve it for you. Just like Studio One has got its limitations, it's also miles ahead of the competition in other areas like intuitive workflow. Some days I just wish that we all could use a special audio build of Linux. :lol:
by PreAl on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 pm
Let us disagree. Apple's are always more expensive and less future proof than PC's. I'm still using a PC bought in 2010 for instance. Whether you prefer a Mac over a PC OS is a matter of opinion, I don't see any difference other than some software is exclusive.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:01 am
There is a limitation for Windows with regard to how many .dlls you can have attached to the host.
It’s hard to give an exact number because it also depends on how the maker of the third-party plug attaches and uses common libraries . Presonus has done a lot of work over the last couple years to keep it to the maximum this is why see The 2017 SDK Microsoft library being i installed during installs. Somewhere around 128 sometimes higher sometimes lower it fails. They do not show you that failure.
Keep in mind the Presonus plug-ins do not have this attachment limitation issue. So they do not count against the overall total. Use them to increase your total number over third-party plug-ins freely.

This is also why transfer was created to allow you to transform audio and apply plug-ins and remove them from the plugin list.

by Skaperverket on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 am
PreAl wroteLet us disagree. Apple's are always more expensive and less future proof than PC's. I'm still using a PC bought in 2010 for instance. Whether you prefer a Mac over a PC OS is a matter of opinion, I don't see any difference other than some software is exclusive.

Except I'm not sure we really disagree, PreAl. This is really not important, I know, but let me just say I clearly said that the iMac Pros f.i. are probably not fantastic value if you don't need such a fancy screen and GPU (or ECC memory), but if you do, it's actually not that bad. :)

Your 2010 PC is probably not a laptop then, I assume? My impression is that not much has happened for desktop based audio since around that time. Computing has become more mobile/portable focused with size and battery life concerns etc. Last year was the first time in a long time we saw some change in real speeds vs. cost for CPUs, thanks to AMD. The development of 4k, new GPUs, NVMe, faster RAM and USB-C has really not made a great impact on audio computing. Same with the newest instruction sets (AVX2 and AVX512). This goes for both PCs and Macs, and I guess quite a few people/studios still use the 2006-2013 Mac Pro "Cheese Grater" or some old Mac Mini. They came at a price, but so did their PC equivalents, if you could find any.

Apple's macOS can be frustratingly limited in terms of customization, just like S1, while Microsoft Windows 10 with its many menus (the new Settings, Advanced this and that, old Control Panel, Task Scheduler, GPEdit, cmdprompt, regedit etc. which all might have to be utilized to make it behave the way you want it to) is perhaps even more chaotic than Reaper's multitude of options and add-ons. I still love both, though. And even though I personally am switching to a heavily customized and offline Windows 10 now (and will be using a heavily customized Reaper more for mixing), I'd still recommend S1 and a Mac for a musician (specifically a used 15" top-specced 2014, 2015 or 2016 MacBook Pro with Sierra). And an RME (talk about futureproof!) interface. Perhaps I'm overly conservative, but this is how I see it. :thumbup:
by Skaperverket on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 am
jpettit wroteThere is a limitation for Windows with regard to how many .dlls you can have attached to the host.
It’s hard to give an exact number because it also depends on how the maker of the third-party plug attaches and uses common libraries . Presonus has done a lot of work over the last couple years to keep it to the maximum this is why see The 2017 SDK Microsoft library being i installed during installs. Somewhere around 128 sometimes higher sometimes lower it fails. They do not show you that failure.
Keep in mind the Presonus plug-ins do not have this attachment limitation issue. So they do not count against the overall total. Use them to increase your total number over third-party plug-ins freely.

This is also why transfer was created to allow you to transform audio and apply plug-ins and remove them from the plugin list.

Excellent summary, jpettit.

Just to re-iterate one thing: It's not the total number of insert slots filled with 3rd party plug-ins that is counted and limited. In general it is the number of different 3rd party plug-ins used in a song. So using f.i. five compressors of the same type will use as many FLS slots as using one. There are exceptions to this (if the plug-in is statically linked), but they are not common.

I appreciate that PreSonus are serious and professional about this and that they've done more than many other DAW manufacturers to try to avoid this Windows limitation. Good job!
by sebastianholtzer on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 am
PreAl wroteLet us disagree. Apple's are always more expensive and less future proof than PC's. I'm still using a PC bought in 2010 for instance. Whether you prefer a Mac over a PC OS is a matter of opinion, I don't see any difference other than some software is exclusive.

That was always my thought too. Never had an apple but i don`t know how much it is better for producing music.

Skaperverket wroteYou may like macOS or not, but Core Audio is actually pretty great, and you don't have a lot of DPC latency or limits for number of real-time multimedia threads. Less viruses too. And I find macOS easier to navigate when it comes to updating; Microsoft has become very insisting with their updates lately. After years and years on the Mac I recently decided to build a PC with Windows 10, and it's amazing how much power one can get nowadays, but I still think Apple and macOS is a better solution for musicians that just want to make music without thinking about computer stuff. There just is no easy answer, I guess, not even a Hackintosh; one still can't have everything unless one does some work or is willing to pay extra for someone else to solve it for you. Just like Studio One has got its limitations, it's also miles ahead of the competition in other areas like intuitive workflow. Some days I just wish that we all could use a special audio build of Linux. :lol:

For me as a poor Person i watch for the price first.
I`m working with Windows since Win 3.11 when i was a child around 12 or so, at a 486er with 66Mhz and much of Pixels :cry:

I sadly can`t say something about the power comparison between both, but I would say if you tune your Windows without any Tuning Software, you can make it a lot more faster than it is. Don`t know if it could beats a Mac.

I think the same about the Use, cause for me it looks like that a Mac OS is very easy to use and yes you`re right: The Workflow in Studio One is real good, especially when you`ve got a good Day. I love nearly everything on SO.
It`s looking clean, has an elegant and fresh design and btw: Who else does have Mix FX? I first thought that it`s *** but hey: It really makes the Glue and is a real Game Changer in the final stage if u use it with care i discovered.
Personally i would like to have these kind of "Real like" Graphics which Logic and Reaper has at the Console. That was the Charme Reason had, which i loved so much.
A turn on turn off Rastering Option feature, maybe even with Square Net overlay function for the Beziercurves would be nice. And of course opening the browser while beeing in the console always turns to left makes we angry sometimes. But hey, for me it feels great. Even my Brother said everything he`s seen in it was spacey and felt fine and much more better than Ableton but he`s made for Ableton. Maybe because the Session View.

To Linux, I wish we could understand our chance here in Europe what we could be, if we would make our own Software especially when it comes to Microsoft.
A few Weeks ago a Documentary "The Microsoft Dilemma" was here in TV and they said the same. Problem is what would happend with the United States and all Software Development Companys??? Think that`s an other expensive story then, cause development for any OS is of course expensive.

87 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5