87 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jpettit wroteThere is a limitation for Windows with regard to how many .dlls you can have attached to the host.
It’s hard to give an exact number because it also depends on how the maker of the third-party plug attaches and uses common libraries . Presonus has done a lot of work over the last couple years to keep it to the maximum this is why see The 2017 SDK Microsoft library being i installed during installs. Somewhere around 128 sometimes higher sometimes lower it fails. They do not show you that failure.
Keep in mind the Presonus plug-ins do not have this attachment limitation issue. So they do not count against the overall total. Use them to increase your total number over third-party plug-ins freely.

This is also why transfer was created to allow you to transform audio and apply plug-ins and remove them from the plugin list.

OK, if I understand you right there is no Warning Box. Could it be, that this is my Bug? As I said, playing the Track from the Arranger works while settings are all to low Quality, so that I think it can`t be my bug. ??????
by sebastianholtzer on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:35 am
Skaperverket wroteJust to re-iterate one thing: It's not the total number of insert slots filled with 3rd party plug-ins that is counted and limited. In general it is the number of different 3rd party plug-ins used in a song. So using f.i. five compressors of the same type will use as many FLS slots as using one. There are exceptions to this (if the plug-in is statically linked), but they are not common.

Oh good news cause i love that compressor so much and have it on every track for sidechaining.
I really love it beeing informed about the currently Gain Reduction, having the ability to click on the Led to reset and setting it to exact the Level where I want to have it. That`s a great one I think. Maybe there are other great one`s who can do the same.
by Skaperverket on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 pm
sebastianholtzer wroteFor me as a poor Person i watch for the price first.
I`m working with Windows since Win 3.11 when i was a child around 12 or so, at a 486er with 66Mhz and much of Pixels :cry:

I sadly can`t say something about the power comparison between both, but I would say if you tune your Windows without any Tuning Software, you can make it a lot more faster than it is. Don`t know if it could beats a Mac.

If you're really used to Windows it does not make much sense to switch over to macOS. Apple is great for those that wish to spend very little time thinking about and learning computers. But since you already know your way around Windows, I suggest you stay with it.

As for raw computing power I am pretty confident that a self built desktop machine with an unlocked processor is the best for audio. Apple/Dell/HP etc. haven't got the same options for overclocking and such, neither in BIOS nor with the cooling. And for such a self built desktop I guess Windows is usually easier to configure than a Hackintosh, so just stay where you are. The grass is not greener over at Apple as long as you know your Windows and its settings. Especially if we're talking about desktops.

This is very off topic now, but if you need some help sorting through your thoughts and questions about this, just make a new thread. Plenty of computer knowledgeable people around here. :)
by sebastianholtzer on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:03 pm
Skaperverket wrote
sebastianholtzer wroteFor me as a poor Person i watch for the price first.
I`m working with Windows since Win 3.11 when i was a child around 12 or so, at a 486er with 66Mhz and much of Pixels :cry:

I sadly can`t say something about the power comparison between both, but I would say if you tune your Windows without any Tuning Software, you can make it a lot more faster than it is. Don`t know if it could beats a Mac.

If you're really used to Windows it does not make much sense to switch over to macOS. Apple is great for those that wish to spend very little time thinking about and learning computers. But since you already know your way around Windows, I suggest you stay with it.

As for raw computing power I am pretty confident that a self built desktop machine with an unlocked processor is the best for audio. Apple/Dell/HP etc. haven't got the same options for overclocking and such, neither in BIOS nor with the cooling. And for such a self built desktop I guess Windows is usually easier to configure than a Hackintosh, so just stay where you are. The grass is not greener over at Apple as long as you know your Windows and its settings. Especially if we're talking about desktops.

This is very off topic now, but if you need some help sorting through your thoughts and questions about this, just make a new thread. Plenty of computer knowledgeable people around here. :)

Yes and in the Bible the bad Snake gave an Apple to Adam my Grandmother told me all the time as a kid cause she was a real Jehovah's Witnesses after the war :mrgreen:
If i have questions i`ll start one for sure thank you very much for your offer.
After all in the end i think i`ll stay on Win even if a Mac could fix that

Off Topic end.
by PreAl on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:29 pm
^^
Yikes you mentioned the R thing. Duck and cover!! Good luck!!

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by rodshort on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 am
I would like to submit a feature request to make the track numbers more obvious.
Try as I may, I cannot figure out how to submit a feature request! Could anyone tell me how to do this? I have tried searching how to do it and, I am just getting nowhere.
I am a member of several forums and never have problems but, I can never seem to find anything in this forum.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by jpettit on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:18 pm
rodshort wroteI would like to submit a feature request to make the track numbers more obvious.
Try as I may, I cannot figure out how to submit a feature request! Could anyone tell me how to do this? I have tried searching how to do it and, I am just getting nowhere.
I am a member of several forums and never have problems but, I can never seem to find anything in this forum.

Procedure for entering a Feature Request or Asking a question to Presonus:
1) Go to the top of the Forum and click PreSonus Answers link
2) If you are already logged in to your My.Presonus you will see your avatar in the top right. If you are not already logins to your My.PreSonus account then Click Log In to My.PreSonus at the top right and log in.
3) Click go back on your browser (3-4 times) to go back to the Answers page
4) Click Ask a Questions in the top menu of Presonus Questions & Answers
5) Read the noticed for FR and Questions then Enter your FR name or Question
6) Select the correct category from the drop-down list. <== Important
7) Add further explanations and Submit. <== Important

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

87 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5