87 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AriAhrendt wroteCan it be that Nektar writes some files during it's installation into the Studio One installation folder?
This is strictly forbidden to install stuff in other companies folders. But this could be the reason.

Ari

Mmmm... Maybe Ari knows more than he's letting on! ;)

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by webhamster on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:33 am
Not specific 3.5.5, but I loaded a song made on a different size monitor. Now some plugins are unreachable!
They are to the far right of the screen, with no way to move them anymore.

Anyone have/had this and knows a solution?

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by niles on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 am
webhamster wroteNot specific 3.5.5, but I loaded a song made on a different size monitor. Now some plugins are unreachable!

View > Windows > Reset Window Positions.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by niles on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 am
Steve Carter wrote
AriAhrendt wroteCan it be that Nektar writes some files during it's installation into the Studio One installation folder?
This is strictly forbidden to install stuff in other companies folders. But this could be the reason.

Ari
Mmmm... Maybe Ari knows more than he's letting on! ;)
He tells what's causing the issue. Nektar install their custom device maps in the Studio One application folder instead of the User Devices folder in the user's Settings folder. Each time an updated version of Studio One is installed, the custom device maps are removed.

If I where a Nektar user (I'm not), I would move the Nektar device maps from the Studio One application folder (devices) to the User Devices folder in Studio One's setting folder. This way it's configured how it should be and you don't have to reinstall it each time again.

Also while your at it....
PreSonus for some unknown reason changed the name of the Surface Data folder to Surface Data[1] with version 3.5. Surface mappings made by Nektar are installed in Surface Data though. Because Studio One does not use Surface Data anymore, predefined mappings made by Nektar aren't found. Moving the nektar_filename.surfacedata to Surface Data[1] will give you the predefined mappings made by Nektar.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by marktwine on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:50 am
Good to know niles.

Thanks.

DAW: Studio One 3 Professional. //\\Notion//\\.
CPU: i7 4790k.
MB: Asus Z97Pro - 32gb Ram - SSD's & 7200 HD's.
GPU: Asus GT730.
Soundcard: Komplete Audio 6 - Nektar LX61 Master Keyboard,
Speakers: Genelec 1030m. - Behritone C5A.
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x - Yamaha RH-5MA
Many Sample libs & synths etc.
by webhamster on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:53 am
niles wrote
webhamster wroteNot specific 3.5.5, but I loaded a song made on a different size monitor. Now some plugins are unreachable!

View > Windows > Reset Window Positions.

Great! Thanks.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by garryknight on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:39 pm

It writes two files into Users\*\Appdata\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 3\Surface Data

Nektar Impact LX+ Control.surfacedata
Nektar Impact LX+ Keyboard.surfacedata

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by noahcronin on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm
Disabling inserts/plugins don't work. Have to keep closing session and reopening for things to go back to normal. Sometimes plugins appear to be working but actually aren't. Latest Mac OS, Latest Studio one update.

Gear:

Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB Ram
OS Sierra
Studio One 3.5
ProTools 12.7.1
UAD Quad Thunderbolt Silver Apollo Interface

www.seamajorseven.com
by jpettit on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm
noahcronin wroteDisabling inserts/plugins don't work. Have to keep closing session and reopening for things to go back to normal. Sometimes plugins appear to be working but actually aren't. Latest Mac OS, Latest Studio one update.

This appears to be out of context.
Could you give us more of the story or better yet steps to reproduce?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by scissorkicks on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 am
The release notes mention that an "Audio Units crash" bug has been fixed. My experience of 3.5.5 so far is that audio units are very unstable. In particular, removing them (or disabling them) causes very regular crashes for me. Anyone else experiencing similar? Any advice? I'm trying to migrate to VSTs but it's a slow process.

2016 Macbook Pro Touchbar 13"
16GB RAM
Loads of plugins (this problem is definitely not tied to any in particular)
by josebonet on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm
how do I update to the latest version?...every time I try to do it within the program itself the download "fails"....how do I update this?
by jpettit on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 pm
You can download it from your account.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sebastianholtzer on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:50 pm
Does anybody else having problems with the rendering Mixdown?
I`ve got a large and long Project going on since Version 3.5.1 which is coming to it`s end now.

1. Automations are missing sometimes
2. The (in the) Clip-Fader of the a Sample is going crazy is is extrem loud
3. Some Clips are missing: The Instrument Track is playing till around 6 minutes and then it`s gone.

This drives me mad.
Sometimes the mixdown works fine and then this happends all the time.

Edit:
Another strange thing happens again (had that in an older Version maybe it was there all the time): If I change the Midi Clip Color of one Instrument, the Vowel Filter on it, or better say the whole Sound of the Arpeggio is changing it`s cycle, so that i have a different Tune in the Mixdown, but it only happens with this Instrument.

Is it possible that old bugs could come along with the songfile i use since a few versions now?
Personally i think it`s not logic that this could be, but i`m not sure for 100%

Or could it be that i maxed out my CPU during the rendering?
My System:
Intel Core i7 7700
AsRock H270 Pro 4
16Gb DDR4 Ram
ESI Maya44 eX
GeForce GTX 760

Track is 16.203kb large, has 66 Tracks, 148 Channels and 8:41minutes long right now
and many many many stuff is going on - but the DAW should handle it i guess?!
by jpettit on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:37 pm
The large and long song rendering issues were fixed in the last 2-3 releases.
IT would be good f you could try to isolate and pair down the song while still keeping the failure and upload to a server so they could test it.

by sebastianholtzer on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:48 am
jpettit wrote IT would be good f you could try to isolate and pair down the song while still keeping the failure and upload to a server so they could test it.

How would you do that?

For better understanding:
I use it without bouncing stuff. I`ve got all open for a total recall so that i can change it whenether i want without loosing time. You mean i should bounce some tracks?

So far i can say only the same Instruments and the same Sample is/are affected.
I had encountered a serious pop/crackle during a snare roll and first I thought the Impact must have a malfunction. But later then, after doing many things and changeing the Instrument I found out that it was only a doubled note on top of an other in the Midifile, that was`nt highlighted like the Clips in the Arranger Window would usually do. So could it be something like this when it`s always the same Instruments/Samples and always at the same positions?

Update:
One Instrument Track is fixed now. It was a missing License.
I hope this happend to all the other "buggy" things too.

jpettit thank you very much for your feedback. I`ll investigate the whole day now for deep looking what`s going wrong. Maybe the license of some other plugins is the problematic key here. Would make sense.

Update:
Ok. I had only luck with a missing license but not more.
Sadly the bugs are still there and it`s still affecting the same Sample and the same Instrument and it sounds a bit squashed and it always happend at the same song position. And what i noticed was, that if i change something now, another thing will be affected. I was deeply looking at everything.

I will make today a complete rebuild of the Track with a new Songfile, to make sure that it`s not a corrupted Songfile or that these bugs coming along since the file was build up on an old version.
by PreAl on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 am
If it crashes in windows please post error from windows event viewer.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by sebastianholtzer on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am
PreAl wroteIf it crashes in windows please post error from windows event viewer.

OK. Will do that for sure. As long as i can remember there was at least one crash a few months ago with that file during a session, but all runs stable without any crash so far.

I´ll post around midnight German time about what`s going on. Hope i finished the rebuild then. Should i upload the file here or could we do that per PM? You know it`s not that there`s no trust in other Users but this is really, really hardcore work for eternity you know, and it`s for paying some owes.

Edit:
This takes too much time so that i think tomorrow i`ll have a result not tonight.
Beeing at the half of the track now, but i`ve got much of hope cause thelLines of the Raster in the Arranger Window doen`t disappear anymore. In the old file the some of the vertical Grid Lines disappeared and were moving sometimes.
by noahcronin on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:03 pm
jpettit wrote
noahcronin wroteDisabling inserts/plugins don't work. Have to keep closing session and reopening for things to go back to normal. Sometimes plugins appear to be working but actually aren't. Latest Mac OS, Latest Studio one update.

For example: I have multiple insert plugins on the master buss, since this update I am sometimes unable to fully disable or remove an insert/plugin. Bypassing/unbypassing sometimes has no change on sound. Mainly seems to be happening with UAD plugins so far. However if I close & reopen the same session it seems to work OK for a short amount of time.

Gear:

Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB Ram
OS Sierra
Studio One 3.5
ProTools 12.7.1
UAD Quad Thunderbolt Silver Apollo Interface

www.seamajorseven.com
by klypeman on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:34 am
noahcronin wrote
jpettit wrote

For example: I have multiple insert plugins on the master buss, since this update I am sometimes unable to fully disable or remove an insert/plugin. Bypassing/unbypassing sometimes has no change on sound. Mainly seems to be happening with UAD plugins so far. However if I close & reopen the same session it seems to work OK for a short amount of time.

Reinstall your UAD installation, I am using High Sierra, SO3 3.5.5 and UAD,s plugins with no problems.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by sebastianholtzer on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:57 pm
Short Update from my Side now:
I´m not finished yet. I´ve got still 3 Submixes to rebuild. :twisted:
It`s a real Pain that i can`t have 2 Songs open, to simply copy between the 2 Windows like in Reason for example. I know that Reason is a different World, but this is really and extreme hard to concentrate on.
A "Console-One-Total Recall-Preset functionality" is really needed here. Simply one Preset Slot for all :idea:

But I had a first Mixdown and all was rendering fine. I was wondering how smooth Melodyne Editor is running now. With that old file it was laggy than hell, like playing a Shooter at a 350Ping Server somewhere at the end of the World. Even my Cache is now from 180 to around 43Mb and of course i deleted it all the time and cleaned the Pool in the old file. Don´t know why and i`ve got only Instrument Tracks in the upcoming Submixes.
All for now i can say that i`m even a bit happy that i`m rebuilding it, cause i found stuff i would not had a look on anymore.
I hope it keeps going that way and will working. I`ll inform tomorrow here.

Question:
Is it possible that Presonus build in Pop Up Windows when the Song File has become corrupted/or after a crash with a warning Message? I try to remember if there was a box with a message or not.

87 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5