8 posts
Page 1 of 1
For some reason on my master buss (one I have set up before it goes out the main out buss) all the plugins don`t seem to be showing any activity on the meters, input,output etc they don`t seem to be registering anything, although they do seem to be processing the audio, for example I can hear the compression on the SSL comp, but as you can see from the video (no audio recorded) although you can see by the volume meter they are working, just not showing any activity in the plugin themselves?

phpBB [video]

EDIT: I think it has something to do with the low latency settings in SO. If I record a track and play it, they work as normal. Although it doesn't do it with the plugins on individual tracks?
Last edited by markrobotham on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by Bbd on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 am
I noticed you had 2 tracks armed for recording.
Try your test w/o that and also see if turning on/off your Low Lat "Z" makes a difference.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by markrobotham on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am
Thanks for your reply. The Track is in a folder, so automatically gets armed along with the selected track, just seems to be the way that works. Plugins work as expected with low latency off, but what I don`t understand is why plugins on the individual tracks work as expected with low latency on? Why should they work on tracks but not on that buss?

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by jpettit on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 am
You plugins are green which means they are going through an LLM path.We cant see what you are really doing in the mixer. (BTW look at the performance screen to see the latency of the plugs. >3ms does not work in LLM)

Look at the mixer with the output channel exposed and look at Green Z vs non-Green Z buses.

BTW interesting trick you have to get a bus to show on the track list.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Steve Carter on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:15 pm
Don't know if it's related or not but earlier today various Waves plugins failed to show any input activity but were working as far as I can tell!

Waves EQ - eq working and output meter showing op levels but ip meters ... Zilch!

Waves CLA 2A & CLA 76 both working (console view showing yellow compression meter) but plugin meter not showing any activity!

Waves Maserati Bass plugin working but ip sensitivity lamp erm blown!

Anyone else experiencing similar? I'm aware that Waves have updated there plugin versions just recently - I haven't updated yet but I wouldn't have thought that this would be relevant.

Regards....

p.s. No low latency being used and plugins are not on a bus - maybe this needs to be on its own thread...!
Last edited by Steve Carter on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by mikemanthei on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm
jpettit wroteBTW interesting trick you have to get a bus to show on the track list.

That's what I was thinking too but I didn't want to look ignorant by mentioning it just in case everybody did that. :-)
maybe it shows up there when you add automation to the bus, but I don't remember that happening on my system. I think I just get an automation Lane.

Maybe the unique steps it takes to get the bus to show up on the tracklist is part of the issue.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by markrobotham on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:14 am
Sorry for the late reply and thank you to all those who replied. Issue was fixed by setting dropout protection to "minimum"

Re "the buss on track list" I just followed suggestions here: https://answers.presonus.com/2805/id-lo ... nge-window

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by jpettit on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:40 am
Yes that is the “make is an automation track” trick.

Ot is fine it is OK for you but I would think you are just masking the issue by lower the DP. The details of how and when latency is applied to categories of plugins can be found in the Monitoring Handbook in FAQs.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

8 posts
Page 1 of 1