15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I installed an update to one of my plugins (Eventide Blackhole) and this involved moving it slightly, from one location within the scanned VST plugins folder to another. Unfortunately, Studio One can no longer find it - it refuses to add it to new tracks, simply doing nothing, and loading old songs with it already set as an insert brings up the "Missing Devices" dialog.

I've tried doing a rescan, I've done a reboot, I've verified that the moved/new plugin works fine in other DAWs. I just can't get Studio One to load it in the new location, which definitely is within the scanned directory (I scan C:\VSTPlugins\64bit, the dll is in C:\VSTPlugins\64bit\Eventide).

My Studio One logfile does say "[Warning] (vstservice): UID conflict on class registration: Blackhole (AudioEffect VST2)". However I only have 1 64-bit copy of Blackhole on my entire system, and I don't include my 32 bit plugins in the Studio One scan.

Any suggestions on how I can force a proper re-scan of this?

[Windows 10 64bit | Studio One 6.2 | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | ESP Ltd EC 1000 | Line 6 Helix | Novation 61SL Mk III]
by WaterlooSunset on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 am
When you moved it, you did that via the installer or manually by dragging?
Can you uninstall and reinstall? Some VST dont like to be moved improper.
Side note: I see these warnings in my logs when everything is working fine. Never though to ask. I just ignored them.

EDIT, Another thing I though of. I think I recall that all VST3 were not necessarily named xxx.vst3. I could be wrong here.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by bensizer on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 am
I installed the new one via the proper installation process. It works fine in other DAWs. I removed the old VSTs manually.

This is a VST2, not a VST3, for what it's worth.

[Windows 10 64bit | Studio One 6.2 | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | ESP Ltd EC 1000 | Line 6 Helix | Novation 61SL Mk III]
by garryknight on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 am
You could try resetting the VST blacklist. No reason why that should work, but also no reason for the problem to occur, it seems.

Options, Locations, VST Plug-ins, Reset Blacklist

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by bensizer on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 am
Sadly that didn't change anything. I performed another rescan after resetting the blacklist but it still isn't able to find the new version of Blackhole.

Even deleting my (new) Blackhole plugin won't remove it from the list in Studio One, after a rescan. It is stubbornly holding a reference to what appears to be the old, non-existent plugin.

by WaterlooSunset on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 am
There is a home (house icon) button on the top of where the effects, instruments and so on are located. Click on that, then you will see buttons on the bottom. Click those. Worked for me once. Also you can right click in the area listing the effect's, and click refresh.
It can be stubborn.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by bensizer on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am
Nice idea! Doesn't work though. :( I tried each button in turn, followed by a restart, then tried them both again, but no. It insists Blackhole is not installed on my system, even though it clearly is.

by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:27 pm
It's in a sub folder to the path?

I would try adding a new path to where the .dll is.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by bensizer on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 am
It makes no difference. (Not surprising, since 90% of the VSTs are in subfolders.)

by jpettit on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am
You sure it of 64 bit vs 32 bit?

Look in the Studio One.log file (found in Help/Settings) for a clue.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by bensizer on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm
The 32 bit version is a different file, in a different place (which isn't scanned by Studio One).

I also know it's the 64-bit version because it loads fine in 64-bit Sonar without needing JBridge or Bitbridge.

The only entry regarding Blackhole in the log file is the UID conflict one.

I've sent a support ticket to Presonus but they're super slow.

by jpettit on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:27 pm
Did you look at the StudioOne.log?

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by bensizer on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm
Yes, when I said "The only entry regarding Blackhole in the log file", that meant the Studio One.log file.

Funnily enough, as soon as I said that the support is super slow, they replied, so I'll eat my words there.

Looks like clearing out the entire settings directory (except my licence file and the Extensions subdirectory) is fixing it, so Studio One had obviously broken something. Hopefully I can restore my other settings without too much trouble.

by jpettit on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm
great

by wallygontowski on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:07 pm
bensizer wrote...Looks like clearing out the entire settings directory (except my licence file and the Extensions subdirectory) is fixing it, so Studio One had obviously broken something. Hopefully I can restore my other settings without too much trouble.

I believe I had the same situation last week while trying to install an updated Blue Tubes Plug from Nomad Factory. The new files would not overwrite the old files. I could not remove the Nomad Factory folder.

Instead of deleting all of the settings file I modified the Vstplugins settings file using notepad. (Someone on this forum suggested it).

Here's how I fixed the issue:
References to scanned VST plugins are stored in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 3\x64\Vstplugins.settings.

A section for one plugin looks like this, and you should remove from <Section path=...> to </Section>.

Code: Select all
<Section path="00000000/filename.dll">
    <Attributes>
        <DateTime x:id="modifiedTime" time="0000/00/00 00:00:00.000"/>
            <VSTPluginInfo x:id="default" smiley=";)" name="The plugin name" subFolder="The plugin subfolder" fxFlags="00"
            fxID="1234567890" classID="{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}" vendorString="The brand"
            productString="The product name" fxCategory="0"/>
    </Attributes>
</Section>

Took two minutes and my Nomad Factory folder was eliminated and I was now able to load and scan my new plug-ins.

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music

15 posts
Page 1 of 1