6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I have been having an on and off issue with my panning in studioone. The issue is this...I pan to the right and i hear on the left , I pan it to the left and I hear it on the right. Ugghh. So it's just mixed up. This happened before when I incorrectly downloaded a vst plugin that had vst3 and some other stuff in the download. Now recently I did install another vst plugin. ..no problems with it. Did ask for vst3 but I did not select it to download. I selected the vst 2. Yesterday I downloaded a few drum kits and 1 free sample pack with midi files in it. So I'm thinking maybe that was it. The midi files and the other drum kits I downloaded. Noooo. !! It might be the vst plugin. Which I don't understand. I there might be something in the system I did not Uninstall correctly or delete everything. Idk. Has anybody had this issue before? :(
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 am
Mine does that but due to my studio setup, I wear my headphones backwards due to where the Headphone cord is. I need the cord on the right.
I believe in the Presonus Universal Control mixer, I can pan channels opposite as default. So is it only one plugin?
Put your HW and SW specs in your signature :-)

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by Tacman7 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:43 am
If left is right and vice versa then I change the cables. Switch speakers or switch line level cables depending on application.

You're saying the mixer in S1 is backwards or pan on a plugin is backwards?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by beatsmith on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 am
Tacman7 wroteIf left is right and vice versa then I change the cables. Switch speakers or switch line level cables depending on application.

You're saying the mixer in S1 is backwards or pan on a plugin is backwards?

Naw it's just when I select an instrument in S1 , go to mix, pan left..I hear the sound in my right speaker, I pan right I hear it in my left speaker. ...actually I did switch headphones to speakers. Idk if that matters or not.
by sirmonkey on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 pm
Does this happen with a drum vsti? If so, does it have a setting for "drummer perspective" versus "audience perspective" ?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Jemusic on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm
What audio interface are you using? Channel 1 or L is considered the left speaker and channel 2 or R is the right speaker. I have rarely had issues like this in Studio One. Although I do remember once those things being the wrong way around but a reboot fixed it and it has very rarely happened since.

For me, virtual instruments and audio tracks all pan the same way and the correct way.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

6 posts
Page 1 of 1