3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I got a new Windows Laptop / Tablet / Convertible. It's a pretty limited device, but it can run NI Maschine and a few Softsynths without problem.

So I want to bring S1 Professional onto the device, but I only have about 5GB of disk space for S1 - Minimum Specs say something about 30+GB for the installation.

Is there a way to make it happen? I'd only need the most barebone installation of S1, mostly as Plugin Host while doing some sound design on-the-go.

Thanks.
Last edited by BrentJammer on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 am
On my second computer, i have the bare install. My install directory of just S1 without the sound libraries is 193Mb. This includes all the effects. If you do not wish to use any of the Native S1 sample libraries and instruments, just do not install the additional libraries. For me, the Instruments are there, just nothing to play (no sample libs).
Most the the additional content can be (and should be) installed outside of S1 program dir. Just play with it. You can remove everything, add and change. I read on this forum (Craig A tip I think) recently about using a USB stick for sample libraries. May be slow on initial load but who cares, wait for it to load, would indeed work. 64G sticks or even a small USB disk.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by BrentJammer on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:25 am
WaterlooSunset wroteOn my second computer, i have the bare install. My install directory of just S1 without the sound libraries is 193Mb. This includes all the effects. If you do not wish to use any of the Native S1 sample libraries and instruments, just do not install the additional libraries. For me, the Instruments are there, just nothing to play (no sample libs).
Most the the additional content can be (and should be) installed outside of S1 program dir. Just play with it. You can remove everything, add and change. I read on this forum (Craig A tip I think) recently about using a USB stick for sample libraries. May be slow on initial load but who cares, wait for it to load, would indeed work. 64G sticks or even a small USB disk.

That's what I liked to hear! Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try it right now.

Yeah, I got a 1TB external drive I'm gonna carry around for additional stuff, sample libs etc.

S1 ruled again! :)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1