so,
this is still a big question mark.
?

by robertgilliland1 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm
did this issue ever get resolved?

by robertgilliland1 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:15 pm
what is the status of this issue?

by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:00 am
robertgilliland1 wrotewhat is the status of this issue?

I haven't used Pro EQ since a while before this issue arose. You can easily do a null test and check it. Just invert (reverse phase) the supplied square wave provided on page 1, or Jemusic's suggestion with the test tone oscillator. Turn on and off the higher quality button selection and listen for a difference. If you want to sonically be convinced, place the scope after the oscillator.

It will be a few days until I'm on to check this myself but it's easy enough to perform.

Hope that helps.

S1 Pro 4.5.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitors: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01. Other hardware/Plugins and Libraries, contact me.

My music

On Bandcamp

On YouTube

Latest Album: Amber & Blue
by robertgilliland1 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:47 am
NO, actually,
that was just a re-hash of the entire previous conversation.

what i'm asking is,
has it been fixed?

by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:38 am
robertgilliland1 wroteNO, actually,
that was just a re-hash of the entire previous conversation.

what i'm asking is,
has it been fixed?

I haven't heard any official response, but that conversation was the origin pointing to the issue. I see you've been patiently asking if this has been fixed with no answer.

Unless you want to wait for some official answer, my point is you can perform an EQ null test almost instantly.  Properly performed with another sample (inverted wave 180 deg.) at the same 00:00:00, that test will detect perfect phase cancellation. HQ mode seems to be the culprit according to the test. The test will provide the answer.

Someone or I can check later, but I won't be checking for some time, you can check if you like was my point. Nulled = fixed. Nothing more. If not, I'd agree some official statement/fix could happen, or it has already been posted in version updates. Dunno.

S1 Pro 4.5.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitors: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01. Other hardware/Plugins and Libraries, contact me.

My music

On Bandcamp

On YouTube

Latest Album: Amber & Blue
by robertgilliland1 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm
i'm just looking for an official response.

it's only been one year and nine months since the OP

by robertgilliland1 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 am
as investigations go,
this one is particularly slow.

by robertgilliland1 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:29 pm
probably the single most important plugin in the whole program.

who doesn't EQ?

by samicide on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:24 pm
Has this been fixed? I guess I should start using a 3rd party eq for the basics just to be safe. I used the S1 stock eq in every single project I ever did just for a quick lo or hi cut before using 3rd party eq's for surgery and mojo, it was pretty much the only stock plug I used but I used it on everything. The uncertainty tickles my OCD a little too much so no more using stock plugs for me.
by graytermedia on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:41 pm
robertgilliland1 wroteprobably the single most important plugin in the whole program.

who doesn't EQ?

I'd say pick up Fabfilter Pro-Q3 (or any other 3rd party plug) and get on with it. I mix audio for Post and the Pro-Q3 is the gold standard - as far as those things go. There's nothing that it can't do, and has considerably more features than the stock S1 EQ. Equilibrium by DMG is another fantastic plugin, albeit pricey.

If you're watching your spending, there are a number of inexpensive and freebie alternatives out there that will work.

The problem with the stock EQ might not be fixed for a while, and PreSonus isn't necessarily going to update you here, so why beat your head against the wall?

tg

Win 10 Pro | i7-6700K 4.00GHz | GA-Z170X-UD5 | 32 GB | nVIDIA GTX 1050ti | Audient iD22 | Komplete Kontrol S49 | Studio One 4 | Pro Tools 2019.5 | Cubase 10 | Komplete 12 | Omnisphere 2 I Console 1
by robertgilliland1 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:11 pm
WELL,
i certainly don't consider asking the question beating the head against the wall!!

that pro q3 is mighty pricey.
pass.

i already paid for a EQ.

by IanM5 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 pm
There is no doubt it is a bug that should be fixed. In the meantime I have a few thoughts:

1. If you can't hear the problem then don't sweat it. You may be focussing on one tiny aspect of one track that is going to be mixed with loads of others.

2. If the problem only occurs when pressing that button then, um, don't press that button.

3. A general EQ rule is to cut rather than boost, and to cut little and often rather than cut a lot.

4. If it still bothers you then we really are spoiled for choice of other EQs, both paid and free.

5. If you get too hooked on using "virtual test equipment" to analyse what is going on with digital audio processing you'll find all sorts of stuff that is a result of our nice analogue world being chopped up into tiny pieces, stirred around and reassembled again. I could take you to a HiFi company where, back in the glory days of CDs, they were analysing audio all the way up to 1 MHz and beyond and then stressing about the artefacts they could see.

Finally, bear in mind the end users of your product. If those users are "normal" music listeners then the chances are that your carefully crafted masterpiece will be compressed with a lossy format, streamed at low bit rates and consumed on headphones/speakers that have a frequency response curve that resembles a drunk bloke on a bicycle.

We should strive for perfection and the Hi Quality button should work as advertised but I think we also have to be pragmatic.

Studio One Pro 4.5, Intel i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen), Akai MPK Mini MKII, Novation Remote 25 (ancient, but not as ancient as I am)

73 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4